How many cubs does Simba have?

Re: How many cubs does Simba have?

Postby AdAstrα » January 3rd, 2011, 3:23 pm

There's no way I'm gonna believe that the cub at the end of TLK is actually Kiara and therefore, in my mind the Kopa theory makes sense.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Kianga » January 3rd, 2011, 3:38 pm

I believe he had two cubs: Kopa and Kiara.
Kianga

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

sassy lionesspanther

Nickname(s): KL, Koudo
Pride Points: 2

Postby Eli_Ayase » January 3rd, 2011, 3:45 pm

Actually : kopa tanabi and kiara
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby SuperBabySimba » January 3rd, 2011, 4:37 pm

There is NO way Fluffy (the cub at the end) is anyone but Kiara. Why can't people do their math before posting these topics?

As in do I NEED to make a freakin' timeline post out of the two movies to possibly end the thoughtless confusion someday in the far future?

Well, for now I'm just gonna say:

1.) The cub at the end's creators clearly say on the commentary track that it is the next generation (as in from Simba and Nala, of course as they are talking about the story seen in the film.) They also had Fluffy born when Pridelands were all green and all the herds had returnd, which must take at least a year.

2.) Simba's Pride's makers designed Kovu to look the same age as Kopa in the books but stated Kovu was born before Scar died which is not when Fluffy was born. And as said, the time between Scar's death and Fluffy's birth was at least a year, which is too much time for Kovu and Fluffy to be or even look the same age.

Results in: Fluffy (the cub at the end) is NOT KOPA and there was no time for Kopa earlier either as Fluffy is the first born. And there is no way it's anyone but Kiara. They designed a snall head tuft to kovu which makes him approximately 2 years old. Kiara's tail tuft is fully formed which makes her approximately 7 months old. This makes Kovu approximately 13 months older than Kiara, which fits the time between Kovu's and Fluffy's birth perfectly well.

The cub at the end = Simba and Nala's first child according to TLK's makers.
The cub at the end = Kiara in a realistic timeline by SP's makers.
The cub at the end = Simba and Nala's first child and Kiara at the same time.

How confusing! NO.

Just listen to the official sources and do your lion & nature study and timeline math. Thank you.
Image Image
Signature pictures © SuperBabySimba
"Never trust the future... Never miss the past.
If you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last."

~*~*~THE LION KING AU ROLEPLAY GAME~*~*~
SuperBabySimba

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Pride Points: 0

Postby SnowyCheetah » January 3rd, 2011, 4:45 pm

[quote="SuperBabySimba"]There is NO way Fluffy (the cub at the end) is anyone but Kiara. Why can't people do their math before posting these topics?

As in do I NEED to make a freakin' timeline post out of the two movies to possibly end the thoughtless confusion someday in the far future?[/quote]

Chill :roll:

[quote="SuperBabySimba"]2.) Simba's Pride's makers designed Kovu to look the same age as Kopa in the books but stated Kovu was born before Scar died which is not when Fluffy was born. And as said, the time between Scar's death and Fluffy's birth was at least a year, which is too much time for Kovu and Fluffy to be or even look the same age.[/quote]

I thought Kopa was irrelevant :hmm:

I wouldn't put it past Disney to do something to trick us and surprise us, and add excitement to the plot. You're very quick (and angry, it seems) to rule things out.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby SuperBabySimba » January 3rd, 2011, 4:58 pm

I'm sorry, I didn't sleep well last night. I'll chill now.

[quote="SnowyCheetah"]I thought Kopa was irrelevant :hmm:[/quote]

Basically he is. Just not in this particular discussion as this is discussing how many cubs SImba and Nala have and Kopa has already been forced into it. I was just regarding other people's arguments.

[quote="SnowyCheetah"]I wouldn't put it past Disney to do something to trick us and surprise us, and add excitement to the plot. You're very quick (and angry, it seems) to rule things out.[/quote]

No, I'm the one who is quick and anger is irrelevant. I'm the one who listened to the official commentary tracks and learned that Fluffy is their first child, and did my lion study just like both film's makers say they did, and did my timeline math with thought and my head on my shoulders instead of in my daydreems. Leading me to realize there is no way they tricked us or lefr room for any surprises.

I'm posting these arguments again because we are again discussing what is officially the case of how many cubs they had... As the original post isn't asking how many cubs would we prefer or like them to have but is addressing everything official in the TLK universe. I'm just addressing the officials in more depth and organized manner than just naming the lot of cubs ever thought of by different people.
Image Image

SuperBabySimba

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Postby Jiirani » January 3rd, 2011, 5:03 pm

Is it not just that he only has the one cub?
In the movie [SP] it's Kiara
In the books [6NA] it's Kopa
and at the end of the first movie [TLK] it's Fluffy.

They just had one cub altogether though, just three different versions through different pairs of eyes. Does that make sense?

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby SuperBabySimba » January 3rd, 2011, 5:05 pm

[quote="Jiirani"]Is it not just that he only has the one cub?
In the movie [SP] it's Kiara
In the books [6NA] it's Kopa
and at the end of the first movie [TLK] it's Fluffy.

They just had one cub altogether though, just three different versions through different pairs of eyes. Does that make sense?[/quote]

Perfect sense. But in my experience, people always think about the entire movie universe story as in include the sequel film while they ponder about the cubs.
Image Image

SuperBabySimba

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Postby SnowyCheetah » January 3rd, 2011, 5:15 pm

[quote="SuperBabySimba"]I'm sorry, I didn't sleep well last night. I'll chill now.

[quote="SnowyCheetah"]I thought Kopa was irrelevant :hmm:[/quote]

Basically he is. Just not in this particular discussion as this is discussing how many cubs SImba and Nala have and Kopa has already been forced into it. I was just regarding other people's arguments.[/quote]

So in other words, once he supports your argument, he becomes relevant and then irrelevant again when he no longer does.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby PrincessKiara » January 3rd, 2011, 6:06 pm

SBS: I know the writers and animators studied lions when making TLK and SP.. But to be perfectly honest, I think they took certain artistic liberties. Such as giving Kopa a head tuft to give him a more individual look compared to Cub Simba. Just because Kopa and Kovu have head tufts doesn`t HAVE to mean that they are at a certain age in the movies/books.

Just a thought.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies