A place to talk about the different alligators

A place to talk about the different alligators

Postby Animal of the Wild » June 4th, 2014, 9:31 pm

Thought I'd make a topic about this...it's really funny how they changed it. Personally I like the new ones better. BTW, I wonder how long it took some people to realize they were different.
Attachments
TLKOld1.jpg
TLKOld1.jpg (22.86 KiB) Viewed 2554 times
500px-Ijustcantcrocs.jpg
500px-Ijustcantcrocs.jpg (24.91 KiB) Viewed 2554 times
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: A place to talk about the different alligators

Postby Remorazz » June 4th, 2014, 10:11 pm

What bugs me is how they made the crocodiles in TLK all cutesy but in TLK 2 they changed them to look ferocious. :?
Thank You SophieCub: show
Remorazz

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Remo
Pride Points: 3

Postby juhouh » June 5th, 2014, 12:31 am

Sorry but I just have to say this. Those are crocodiles, not alligators. Alligators do not live in Africa ;)
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby SimbasMate » June 5th, 2014, 12:36 am

Which newly restored TLK move is the second screenshot from?
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby TheLionPrince » June 5th, 2014, 1:31 am

[quote="Nilla"]Which newly restored TLK move is the second screenshot from?[/quote]

It comes from the 2003 Platinum Edition DVD/VHS version.

When I first popped in the Platinum Edition VHS, I noticed right on the spot that the crocodiles were animated differently. Personally, I love and prefer the original crocodile designs, but the reanimated crocodiles fit more with the design style of "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" and coheres with co-director Roger Allers' vision for the movie according to this source.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Brony4life » June 5th, 2014, 1:45 am

They both look pretty creepy to me... :ew:
Brony4life
Deal With It.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby MooLion » June 6th, 2014, 2:33 pm

I noticed straightaway. I sort of understand why they were changed because they looked a bit awkward from the angle, however I don't really like films that are already fine as they are having bits suddenly re-animated or whatever at a later date. I like owning the 'true' original copies myself and part of the reason I keep my Disney videos as well as DVDs.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » June 6th, 2014, 3:41 pm

It never bothered me much. I like both of them
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Return to The Lion King