Why is Mufasa so much more serious than Adult Simba?

Re: Why is Mufasa so much more serious than Adult Simba?

Postby ScarLoyal » April 29th, 2014, 12:19 pm

I don't believe so, Mufasa's mane is more 'thick' and 'holds up' while Simba's mane is more 'wide' and 'goes down'. Mufasa's features resemble more of an 'older' age. But Simba's appear more 'soft' and in their prime.
Even in SP, he still holds a bit of 'youth'.
Ha, I like that comparison. :lol: It makes sense too. Mufasa has that 'old but powerful' feel to me. While Simba has that 'young or hip-hop" feel to me. I mean just look at that grin. 8-) (Mufasa still looks like a handsome and great King though.)
And about Simba.
Well, you have to understand. He was just a cub when his dad died. But he also thought HE was the reason for his death. Simba was traumatized, he probably felt it for a long time. When he was 'adopted' by Timon and Pumba. They teach him that bad things happen and there's nothing they can do about it. He had Hakuna Matata. Something that he did need after what he's suffered. Though, that is true. He did forget everything he was taught by his father. BUT he did soon realize what truly mattered, his true destiny..

Mufasa however was most likely brought up as the 'golden boy' who could do no wrong, his father was probably obsessed with grooming him into the greatest heir of his bloodline. He was probably taught about 'strength' and 'courage'. But he may of also been too 'boastful and proud' as a young lion. Much like his son as a cub. But Scar was the overlooked one. Seen as garbage. Neglected by his father. But he still had his mother who loved him. But as he grew older, he became more 'jealous' of his brother and felt like an 'outsider'. Mufasa also might of been the one to give his brother that scar in the first place. And the hyenas probably manipulated him and turned him evil.
Mufasa never had 'Hakuna Matata'. But he DID have wisdom and guidance from his father and possibly Rafiki. :D But he would of made mistakes in his past, just like Simba. But as we see in the film, he is very wise and a caring dad. We can see though in SP, Simba had never let go of his hate for his uncle, but that was probably because of Zira and the outsiders who reminded Simba of his uncle. (And believing that he was a murderer didn't help either.) He was paranoid about Kovu murdering him, he saw him as what Scar or Zira had intended him to be. He even suffered nightmares about Mufasa's death. But in the end he let go of his hate and finally saw what his daughter meant. That they are one. :understanding:
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby Animal of the Wild » April 29th, 2014, 10:12 pm

[quote]And the hyenas probably manipulated him and turned him evil[/quote]

Why do so many people lay the blame on them? From what I can tell, they were manipulated by Scar.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby Carl » April 29th, 2014, 11:46 pm

[quote="Animal of the Wild"][quote]And the hyenas probably manipulated him and turned him evil[/quote]

Why do so many people lay the blame on them? From what I can tell, they were manipulated by Scar.[/quote]
I actually agree with you. Scar definitely had power over them, not the other way around. No one knows for sure why or how Scar became evil. It's entirely possible that he was just born evil. Or just knowing Mufasa would be king and not him could have driven him mad, as greed can often do. What is certain is that he needed the hyenas in order to get what he wanted and in the end, he is the only one who got what he'd wanted during his reign. However Scar became evil, he still would have been a thorn in Mufasa's side for years and that would add to Mufasa's serious demeanor.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Animal of the Wild » May 1st, 2014, 12:35 am

OK.

But I still don't understand.

I'd started to believe (at least because of what you guys initially said) that Mufasa's disciplined behavior was good, and appropriate, whereas Simba's was juvenile and wrong, but there were at least reasons behind it.

But read the post I made before my last. As you can tell, I'm conflicted on the matter.
Animal of the Wild

Postby Carl » May 1st, 2014, 12:58 am

It is not good to be too serious, but it is not good to be too juvenile either. From what we see, Mufasa seems to be a good combination of serious and playful, and Simba does start becoming less playful, though in turn, he gets to be a bit too serious. Simba's sudden growing up that happens at the end of the first movie leaves him in a situation he was never properly prepared for, and his situation suffers because of it. Mufasa was prepared for his responsibilities, but Scar robbed Simba of that chance, and left him with a lot to take in and try to cope with.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Animal of the Wild » May 1st, 2014, 9:26 pm

OK. Sounds logical.
Animal of the Wild

Postby Animal of the Wild » May 4th, 2014, 11:16 pm

[quote="ScarLoyal"]Image

I don't believe so, Mufasa's mane is more 'thick' and 'holds up' while Simba's mane is more 'wide' and 'goes down'. Mufasa's features resemble more of an 'older' age. But Simba's appear more 'soft' and in their prime.
Ha, I like that comparison. :lol: It makes sense too. Mufasa has that 'old but powerful' feel to me. While Simba has that 'young or hip-hop" feel to me. I mean just look at that grin. 8-) (Mufasa still looks like a handsome and great King though.)
[/quote]

Not to sound rude, but what exactly are you trying to accomplish by putting uploading that image? I already know what Simba looks like. And I still don't see how his mane is "weird". It's just slightly different than Mufasa's. And are you calling Mufasa uncool?
Animal of the Wild

Postby ScarLoyal » May 5th, 2014, 4:35 am

[quote="Animal of the Wild"][quote="ScarLoyal"]Image

[/quote]

Not to sound rude, but what exactly are you trying to accomplish by putting uploading that image? I already know what Simba looks like. And I still don't see how his mane is "weird". It's just slightly different than Mufasa's. And are you calling Mufasa uncool?[/quote]

Well, i was simply trying to 'show' the many differences they both have, which also in a 'figurative way' how their personalities reflect upon there appearances.
And when did I ever refer to Mufasa as 'uncool'? All I stated was that he has this 'worn but powerful' image compared to his son. Think Zeus and Hercules. ;)
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby Animal of the Wild » May 5th, 2014, 5:50 am

Well, why didn't you include an image of Mufasa for comparision?

It really sucks that we never get to see them side-by-side to compare.

And I guess I just got the impression that you didn't think Mufasa cool because you associated the word "hip-hop" with Simba. Which, again, only really applies to his personality during his time with Pumbaa and Timon.
Animal of the Wild

Postby Carl » May 5th, 2014, 3:39 pm

^ My computer and phone show a broken image is above the pic of Simba. That's probably what that is.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King