episode 10: call of the Drongo

Re: episode 10: call of the Drongo

Postby SimbasGuard » March 28th, 2016, 8:53 pm

I enjoined this episode as well, I noticed The Gorge, but it didn't really register until you all pointed it out. I have no problem with The Lion Guard's Battle Cry, but it did get overused. The only problem I had with this episode I wish it would have shone that Tamaa had figured out how to gather his own food. Although I think it is safe to assume that he did.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 28th, 2016, 10:35 pm

Maybe tamah got tired of finding food the hard way and started getting bad ideas on using his voice to mock predators to scare others off to get to there food, and he needed a reality check that he could use his voice for good, more like a stay out of trouble type of lesson I guess?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Gaze » March 31st, 2016, 8:39 pm

good episode! the drongo character was very appealing and it was nice that he learned his lesson and could use his ability for good, etc etc....
lots of good hyena scenes in this one, too

my main concern with the episode is that the Guard continually saving prey animals from being eaten is becoming a glaring problem. I would really like them to go deeper on this, and give more of an explanation......why do the prey animals feel they can always go ask the Guard for help avoiding predators, when it would disrupt the Circle of Life for prey animals to never be eaten? why do the prey animals trust a team that includes a lion and a cheetah who are out there eating prey animals all the time? I guess it made sense to grab the Guard when it seemed like Goigoi and Janja were around, since they aren't allowed in the Pridelands. but why would they consider Makuu a threat? he lives in the Pridelands and he's a carnivore.....it should be expected that he's going to be eating cute lil animals....yknow?
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby zerodix » March 31st, 2016, 8:46 pm

wait wut? the episode tonight was paintings en predixtions i thought? is it repeated?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Rollo » March 31st, 2016, 8:47 pm

^ What'd you mean? New episodes don't premiere until Friday morning. Unless you mean the schedule has been changed?
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby zerodix » April 1st, 2016, 1:29 pm

ouch! sorry for my very stupid post, yesterday I thought it was Friday (crazy work shedule at the moment..) it airs this evening! my excuses!
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbasGuard » April 4th, 2016, 5:25 am

[quote="Sadiki"]why would they consider Makuu a threat? he lives in the Pridelands and he's a carnivore.....it should be expected that he's going to be eating cute lil animals....yknow?[/quote]

Perhaps it was because he was (Supposedly) outside of his assigned territory.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Squeely » April 18th, 2016, 1:37 pm

[quote="Sadiki"]
my main concern with the episode is that the Guard continually saving prey animals from being eaten is becoming a glaring problem.[/quote]
It's been a glaring problem ever since that first hyrax save back in... episode 3ish? It's weird. Predators gotta eat too.

That aside, this was a solid, fun episode, and I appreciate how it taught a bit about a bird that kids obviously aren't going to know about. I kinda miss the educational-heavy first few episodes. Not every episode has to be educational, sure, but I feel like a little more wouldn't hurt.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard