Episode 8 - The Search For Utamu

Re: Episode 8 - The Search For Utamu

Postby Lynx » February 27th, 2016, 12:18 am

That was today's episode. It was just a small portion of it instead of the whole episode like the teaser made it appear.
Lynx

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JackStover » February 27th, 2016, 12:34 am

[quote="Lynx"]That was today's episode. It was just a small portion of it instead of the whole episode like the teaser made it appear.[/quote]
They've been doing that a lot. The preview for "Fuli's New Family" made it seem like the volcano stuff was a big part of it, but it was just the final few minutes. Previews are meant to make an audience tune in, so they tend to use whatever they think the audience wants. They think the audience wants Bunga, apparently.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby TTB-Kun » February 27th, 2016, 2:10 am

still no link for streaming?
TTB-Kun

Pride Points: 11

Postby JackStover » February 27th, 2016, 2:50 am

[quote="TTB-Kun"]still no link for streaming?[/quote]
Legally, it can be watched on Disney Junior's website, but you need to have a cable/satellite service that you can login to. Also, somebody wanted an image of the new cat character.

http://watchdisneyjunior.go.com/the-lio ... L551978168

JackStover

Postby Lynx » February 27th, 2016, 3:21 am

Aww, thank you so much!
Lynx

Postby SimbaPrescott » February 27th, 2016, 3:24 am

@JackStover Thanks for answering about Utamu!

I have to admit that I'm a little surprised it's taking this long to get an 'unofficial' stream. I think some sites are still showing this episode as Fuli Speeds Ahead.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby JackStover » February 27th, 2016, 4:35 am

[quote="SimbaPrescott"]@JackStover Thanks for answering about Utamu!

I have to admit that I'm a little surprised it's taking this long to get an 'unofficial' stream. I think some sites are still showing this episode as Fuli Speeds Ahead.[/quote]
If you don't mind the company, there is a thread on 4chan's /co/ board where somebody posted a download link. 4chan isn't everyone's cup of tea as it can be a nasty place on occasion. I don't mind it so much, but I've been posting there since 2009.

Here's the thread in question. Download link is near the bottom.

http://boards.4chan.org/co/thread/80246 ... lion-guard
JackStover

Postby SimbasGuard » February 27th, 2016, 9:15 am

I was rather surprised that the story of Timon and Pumbaa adopting Bunga turned out to be such a small part of the episode. As much as I wanted to know how Bunga wound up with Timon and Pumbaa as his uncles, I really feel that Fuli's story arc was the more important one. I agree that it is a mistake to hide the fact that this was a Fuli centered episode. Disney may be afraid of scaring away their young male audience with a female lead story, but they need to be aware and considerate of their young female audince. Incidentally, There is no reason why a young male shouldn't watch Fuli Lead story. Fuli does action and adventure as much as the male member of The Lion Guard. When I was Little I liked to watch Wonder Woman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx2JdJhAL94

I don't think Disney has to worry about boys watching an episode or two of the Lion Guard with a female lead. Unless they make the mistake of doing a Zuri centered episode, although I admit that Zuri more than any other character in The Lion Guard is in need of character development.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » February 27th, 2016, 11:09 am

I saw the episode.

It was.... Maybe the weakest so far. The fuli part was ok at best and the bunga plot was bad. The two songs were bad.

Probably worth skipping.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby _TravelerBlu_ » February 27th, 2016, 2:13 pm

Two songs? I haven't seen it yet... I'm gonna watch it when it airs on TV
The dark side, it calls to him, it pulls at him. The boy must be Eliminated before he is consumed by it! :sad:
I will not let that happen! :x

Countin' down the days until Star Wars Rebels 1 hour season finale!!!!! :D :oops:
_TravelerBlu_
At least,

He wasn't attacked by a flock of leopards

Nickname(s): Blu, Spectre 7, Saskia, Lukio
Pride Points: 32

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard