Discuss Kiara here... (-.-)

Discuss Kiara here... (-.-)

Postby Shawry111 » November 27th, 2015, 11:59 pm

As the title says, I love Kiara she is in my top five but she was awful in TLGROTR, I mean she was never a "princess" right? Did they even watch the second film that was the whole point... Could someone explain this and please do tell me what you thought of her. Sheesh, she better change

EDIT: Maybe she changed in the second film after something happened that made her want to be who she is? I don't know just a thought...
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Re: Discuss Kiara here... (-.-)

Postby KiovuLove » November 28th, 2015, 12:14 am

yes she was a princess lol unless you mean the way she was acting. she wasnt that way when she grew up either, so everyone who says it could be after she met kovu is crazy. she still was not like that when she was older. she still didnt really want to be queen. also her first hunt was when she was older....but she went out for gazelles? please. disney screwed up royally on her this time
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 28th, 2015, 12:25 am

I would say once Kiara had a pep talk with her father after the we are one lesson at the end of that scene, Kiara see the bird again and looks over the pride lands with a smile, and I think when she sits down she finally accepts the reality that she will be queen, that's when Kiara changed her mind and took Queen lessons seriously, then Kion was born sometime after Kiaras birth, and She made some cub friends. And as for the voice, as people grow up there voices changes drastically, I would TLG kiara voice was closer to the adult kiara so I would say this is the Kiara right before she becomes a teenager. And she has been taking hunting lessons along with learning about the circle of life.

case closed for me
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby KiovuLove » November 28th, 2015, 12:29 am

but kiara wasnt that serious as a teen either gothprincesskiara...not right off the bat at least. she kinda seemed more wise when she heard kovu's stupid idea to just run away. she then wised up. but i doubt she was like that at all as a cub
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby SlayerOfLight » November 28th, 2015, 12:43 am

I like how Kiara sounds like a teen while Kion sounds like a 5 years old.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Gaze » November 28th, 2015, 1:01 am

it's hard to make this fit into the existing canon. the harsh reality seems to be that Kiara's name and design were pretty much recycled into a new character for TLG. i'm guessing the creators, for whatever reason, weren't interested in maintaining the character of Kiara as we know her in SP, but elected to keep some manifestation of Kiara in the show so that kids who have seen SP wouldn't get too confused.

anyone have ideas as to why they might not have wanted to use Kiara's existing personality?

maybe they wanted that 'mature prissy sister vs immature carefree brother' sort of dynamic for TLG. personally i'm super tired of that and think it would have been better to see Kiara and Kion have a closer relationship and get along better.
or maybe they wanted a stark contrast between Kiara and Kion, to make way for Kion's character arc in which he realizes he is destined for greatness and needs to be responsible and take his task seriously. maybe that wouldn't have been quite as impactful if the fun-lovin' and carefree Kion were depicted alongside a sister equally uninterested in what her future holds? who's to say...

but if we ARE trying to get this to fit into canon, I think gothprincesskiara's explanation is as good as we can get.
it's entirely possible that her interest in being queen could vary as she ages. maybe she started out uninterested, then as time went on and she fell into the "big sister" role and made new friends, she came to be really excited and proud at the idea of being a ruler. then as a teenager, with everything in her future becoming much more "real", she started questioning things again.

those ups and downs wouldn't be too unrealistic. that's part of growin up.
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby Leviara_Lioness » November 30th, 2015, 4:31 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]I would say once Kiara had a pep talk with her father after the we are one lesson at the end of that scene, Kiara see the bird again and looks over the pride lands with a smile, and I think when she sits down she finally accepts the reality that she will be queen, that's when Kiara changed her mind and took Queen lessons seriously, then Kion was born sometime after Kiaras birth, and She made some cub friends. And as for the voice, as people grow up there voices changes drastically, I would TLG kiara voice was closer to the adult kiara so I would say this is the Kiara right before she becomes a teenager. And she has been taking hunting lessons along with learning about the circle of life.

case closed for me[/quote]

Yerp i'm with my Sis Kiara on this one too 110% :glee2: . We all change, and sound different as we grow physically.. I know even since I've joined here, at MLK I've changed, daddy lion :hug4: noticed it too. So I just call my Sis Kiara's explanation perfect for me :hug3: ! Sis you took the words outa my mouth! :zira-approve: :glee2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Leviara_Lioness
Israeli Princess Lioness

Israeli Princess Cleopah Lioness

Nickname(s): Sarbi, Cleopah, Jasmine, Cleo, Levi or Levira
Pride Points: 59

Postby Shawry111 » November 30th, 2015, 6:50 am

Yeah, but I am not worried about the voice. It was just the way she was acting that's all. And if she was more of a teenager she should have been bigger in size I think... It would have been less confusing, but I really liked the voice choice because you could tell that Kiara was older than Kion.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Postby KingKivuli » November 30th, 2015, 11:41 am

Honestly my opinion on what is going on? Alternate story from TLK II and there would a be a good few reasons why

First off while TLKII is a great movie the story behind it, if you really think about it, is kinda brutal.. a banished Queen forcibly trains a cub to get blood thirsty revenge and would even kill her own kin. Society has changed alot since these movies came out, by alot of peoples standards that story Arc would been see as too harsh for children so they came up with a different one. One where Simba and Nala had a second child (Kion) and there are no outlanders except there hyenas, and yes Kiara has a personality change, Might also have something to do with her two friends as well that were shown in ROTR

The second point, I honestly think is story. I admit I do not have a sibling but I know people that do..alot of people that do and ..come on siblings fight and bicker all the time, the fact that Kiara even said 'I have my life figured out, what are you going to do' does start a line of sibling conflict. Maybe Kiara gets jealous of Kion, or perhaps Kions steps over the line and Kiara has to be the one to talk him down to prevent another Scar scenario. Either way it would show sibling rivalry and then handle it showing part of the Circle of Life, dealing with your family especially siblings

So yeah while Kiara is different, don't view it as they are saying TLK II didnt happen, or try to mash up storyline cause it simply does not fit. TLG has only begun and I am sure if we all just have abit of an open mind we will actually come to love the new Kiara as well as the old one :kionsmile:
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby Shawry111 » December 1st, 2015, 3:08 am

So you guys think that there's a chance that something will happen to Kiara that will change her mind?

Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Next

Return to The Lion Guard