[SPOILER ALERT] lion guard return of the roar!!!

Re: [SPOILER ALERT] lion guard return of the roar!!!

Postby zerodix » November 24th, 2015, 1:59 pm

thanx to gothkiara i could watch it on her fb. in holland not a thing is findable about tlg. on our dutch disney jr website...nothing. well, my review:
pros:
2 new lioness cubs, yay! their designs are nice and their voice acting fits them.
the song tonight we strike. loved those graphics, and the song was super catchy. and then we have the song zuka zama. catchy and lovely graphics. and just worry free hakuna matata athmosfere that is back...food ol memories! there is so
much innocence in this movie. no heavy subjects, worry free watching.
most voice acting was not bad.

cons:
kiaras personality didnt fit. at all. she used to rebel against her place as a princess and didnt like the fact that daddy simba was overprotecting her.
then there is
zuri. she didnt add anything to the movie. ok she had her claw stuck. the end. i think this movie was to introduce her for her appereance in the series..so i keep my hopes up about the gal.
it looks rushed. bam. intro
bam. story. bam. new character. bam. next scene.
i hoped to see more of the tlg members families
the scars guard story. badly drawn big no for me.

but it is lion king and i love it anyway. i hope more to see in the series!
Attachments
208173.jpg
this girly trio. hope to see them develop in the series
208173.jpg (60.73 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
208231.jpg
these guys in this song i loved it
208231.jpg (60.14 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 24th, 2015, 5:25 pm

I think we can all agree on that
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Tsuki » November 24th, 2015, 6:12 pm

So I finally got round to watching it on Twitch and I have to say, it was rather enjoyable. I like Kion's character and the story was interesting....though I felt that towards the end it was rather rushed. The beginning song was catchy as was the Hyena Song...but Zuka Zama....yeh no. Bunga annoyed me somewhat but not as much as Kiara. I mean....I found her annoying in the second film but in TLG shes just a brat. Really don't like her personality change at all :/. I would also have liked Nala to have had a few more scenes but oh well.

Annoy thing that bugged me was the Mufasa scene. It was just so random IMO. I mean....if Mufasa could just randomly appear in the sky then why didnt he just appear to the Lionesses and say "Oh yeh Scar killed me so yeh overthrow him for me. K Thanks bye". I always thought that in TLK Mufasa could only appear to Simba at that time with the help of Rafiki otherwise he wouldnt have been able to. But this more or less blows that theory out the water. Eh I dont know. It just really annoyed me for some reason.

Ok onto things I liked :D. Kion. He is a pretty neat character and I quite like his personality. I also liked Fuli, Ono and Bestie. Interesting characters and I hope that we see their friendship develop in the series. Same with the girl trio (I think Tiffu is a sweetheart but the other two are annoying).

Overall it was rather good with a few flaws.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Lynx » November 24th, 2015, 11:58 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]I think we can all agree on that[/quote]
Tonight we strike is easily my new favorite song. :)
Lynx

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » November 25th, 2015, 12:02 am

I think I can easily say that while it isn't as great as the original it's far from being the disaster that i've seen a lot of people predict it would be.

17 years after sp we get new tlk media that isn't focused on timon and pumbaa and it is fairly watchable. Enough for me to want more.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 25th, 2015, 1:18 am

[quote="Elton John"]I think I can easily say that while it isn't as great as the original it's far from being the disaster that i've seen a lot of people predict it would be.

17 years after sp we get new tlk media that isn't focused on timon and pumbaa and it is fairly watchable. Enough for me to want more.[/quote]

oh gosh you can say that again, I have said this many times and im gonna say it again I have been so sick of the Timon and Pumbaa with Simba trio stuck on most TLK stuff, so im no Timon and Pumbaa fan, no thank you I prefer pure lion characters any lion character anything except Timon and Pumbaa, Zazu and Rafiki are ok, just NO T & P!

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Postby Luken » November 25th, 2015, 4:20 am

Watch it and download it off torrent. It not bad i love how Kion was making fun of Can you feel the Love tonight... and how Nala deal with Simba. Kiara seem to take her responsibility as the future queen more serious then in SP. The animation is amazing too it really beautiful Overall it looks like a good series.
Luken

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Gaze » November 26th, 2015, 9:45 pm

hey, sorry I'm late to the party! I wanted to wait to post here until I'd watched RotR at least 2 times, but I've been super busy so just got around to my 2nd viewing last night. (and I'm actually starting it up again On Demand as I type this, lol). here's my thoughts if anyone's interested to read them -

first off. the hyenas
LOVE the new hyenas so much. they look great and the animation for them is really fun to watch. the Tonight We Strike sequence was excellent! love the colors and mood. Janja is a cool character and I also really love Cheezi. he's adorable!
the one disappointing aspect - not a SINGLE female hyena!? I miss Shenzi! )~: this is particularly odd to me because spotted hyena clans IRL are dominated by female animals, and i know that TLG is supposed to be educational. i'm hoping that maybe in the series we'll see at least one hyena gal? but not getting my hopes up...

Bunga -
I see a lot of you absolutely hate Bunga. and yeah, don't get me wrong....he is annoying and over-energetic and i totally get that. but he's just a lil kid, and i'm sure a lot of equally energetic lil kids will relate to him. he's by no means one of my favorite characters but i really don't hate the lil guy! for one thing he has a pretty neat character design.
but also i really like the friendship between him and Kion. he is very supportive of Kion and so happy for him upon learning the news that Kion will be leader of the Lion Guard, and so eager to join the Guard himself. and it's all just really cute.
plus Zuka Zama is a really fun and catchy song. this sequence is what made me appreciate Bunga more. he might be immature and obnoxious, but he sure seems to have everything pretty figured out! his whole life philosophy is pretty admirable, i gotta say. i love the way it contrasts with Timon and Pumbaa's 'problem-free philosophy', but that doesn't stop Bunga from appreciating the 'hakuna matata' way of life too.

so basically yes he is annoying but he deserves more credit. haha
(also I love how no explanation has been given as to why he considers Timon and Pumbaa his uncles - love the "wait, aren't you a honey badger?" line from Beshte)

Zuri, Tifu, and Kiara -
okay, I HAVE to complain about Zuri first. I loved her character design so I was really excited to see what her personality would be like. and I'm so disappointed with what the creators did with her. her personality is almost like a parody, it's so ridiculous. they made her the most stereotypically "girly" character they could, and in the most negative way possible. like....literally all we know about her is that she is helpless, whiny, grossed out by bugs, and loves taking care of her nails. and her voice is annoying too, which certainly doesn't help.
i really think this is a huge step back. like....it's 2015 and we have plenty of examples of really great, solid female cartoon characters (see MLP:FiM and Steven Universe for some prime examples). it's certainly been proven that you can make a character who's stereotypically "girly" without making it a joke or something negative or irritating. and this is TLK we're talking about...a long history of great female characters (Nala, Sarabi, Kiara, Vitani, and Zira are all awesome!)

i'm not saying every female character needs to be strong or brave or sassy. but you can make a character who's more gentle or interdependent without reinforcing the "LOL girls are so pathetic and prissy!!" message. (I think Rarity from MLP is a really good example of a stereotypically feminine character who is actually taken seriously by the creators).

i don't hate Zuri and don't want to say anything negative about the character herself, because she could have been great if she had been written a little differently.

anyway, I really loved how Tifu handled the situation with Zuri. remember her line after Zuri complains about her hurt claw: a very, very sweet and sincere "There there Zuri, you're gonna be just fine!"
that one line said a lot about Tifu's personality, I think. despite Zuri's whining being pretty exaggerated and obnoxious, Tifu remains supportive and reassuring. she seems like a great friend and a sweet character. I hope she gets more screen time in the TLG show. I really like her so far.

everyone else has already touched on the problems with Kiara, and I've discussed it in other threads. but yeah - sucks that her personality has totally changed. it was sweet to see the Lion Guard save her when she was injured. but I hope that in the future episodes we'll be seeing more of the independent, strong, introspective Kiara we know from SP. probably not gonna happen tho, lol

Ono, Beshte, and Fuli -
LOVE all these characters!! Fuli is my fav - design, personality, dialogue, etc are all great. the sequence w/ the Guard helping her escape the baboons is really really well-executed. some very neat shots in that scene. and I love seeing Fuli run.
also the sequence with Ono about to strike an insect but getting interrupted by Bunga is great. Ono is super cute.
Beshte's voice actor is great! love how popular he is with all his hippo friends.

looking forward to seeing all of them work together more & get more character development.

a couple last, less detailed remarks/observations:
- loved how concerned Timon and Pumbaa were about Bunga. Timon's animation seemed a little off and Pumbaa's size change is definitely weird.
- Rafiki's animation also seemed a little off but not sure why? Rafiki's p much my fav character so I might just be overly critical on this one.
- wish Nala had more dialogue. she looks great and I like the new voice actor. hope she gets more screen time in the show. the "That's our boy!" line was really sweet.
- Kion is cute and his Lament was so adorable n emotional. not an absolute stand-out character to me, but he'll be a great leader
- the background music is so good
- fart joke at the end w/ Bunga is definitely disappointing. i'll excuse it since, as gothprincesskiara pointed out, it's not entirely unrealistic given his species. haha
- beautiful backgrounds!!
- honestly i'm a HUGE sucker for scenes in which characters prove themselves. so the ending where everyone marvels @ Kion's roar and Simba realizes that Kion chose the right animals for the Guard almost made me tear up. LOL i'm pathetic

overall - i'm very pleased with it! it's not perfect, some of the gags aren't so good, but it's NBD. really, my main complaint is that Fuli is pretty much the only solid female character getting decent dialogue/screen time. here's to hoping that will change!
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 26th, 2015, 10:32 pm

I believe they made Bunga fart as a way to show off a behavior of honey badgers, and now Pumbaa and Bunga can relate to each other, even though Pigs don't fart but Honey badgers do

gothprincesskiara

Postby Shawry111 » November 27th, 2015, 4:23 am

Anyone else find that little badger to be the most dislikable character of the bunch? Then of course Zuri. I can see Kion and Tifu by the way. ;)
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard