[SPOILER ALERT] lion guard return of the roar!!!

Re: [SPOILER ALERT] lion guard return of the roar!!!

Postby Vorkey » November 24th, 2015, 1:46 am

I watched it earlier today and I have mixed feelings.

Pros:
Voice actors were decent
Some unique and interesting characters
I was entertained through most of it

Cons:
I'm not really a fan of the whole superpowers thing. I preferred it when the Lion King was based in reality.
I hated pretty much all the songs (especially Kion and Bunga's)
Fart jokes (I think this is more for kids than the previous movies so I shouldn't complain really)
Vorkey

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 24th, 2015, 1:48 am

ok I never new they could sound like that, I thought it was more of a.....this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5-SBwxRxzU
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Leviara_Lioness » November 24th, 2015, 3:33 am

Ok, here's mine~
Overall i loved it all 110%, considering I missed the first one due to stubborn illnesses that really pulled me under yesterday all day... yes Kiara has changed drastically as Goth said, but we all change, inevitably! I know this's odd, but I'm very favoring Kiara, and Fuli, overall, out of everyone, yes Kion too!But that doesnt mean I like the others less, i'm just much more inclined to the others I favor; So i give it (*****) five stars.. I'm just happy i got to see it! yeah love how Rafiki cleaned out the Lion Guard Den have to agree with Goth!

Well thats my review! :zira-approve:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Leviara_Lioness
Israeli Princess Lioness

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Israeli Princess Cleopah Lioness

Nickname(s): Sarbi, Cleopah, Jasmine, Cleo, Levi or Levira
Pride Points: 59

Re: An Honest Review Of The Lion Guard *SPOILERS*

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 24th, 2015, 6:50 am

:icky: notice how the character look so Chubby and the four-legs look a little too muscular,im really missing the old style and they said there were trying to go with the real thing but they said they wanted something different, ugh whhhhy!

Anyway I don't know about they way his entrance, I wonder if it should have after Kion sang
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » November 24th, 2015, 7:03 am

I still like to think that Simba's deeper voice is because he is a bit older now. I mean, he can't be that same age all the time?

If anything, that's Peter Pan's job XD
KionofTheLionGuard
I protect the Pridelands,

My Family, and the Circle of Life!

Pride Points: 17

Postby Carl » November 24th, 2015, 7:19 am

[quote="Shawry111"]Hello everyone,

judging by the title you probably think that I didn't like it very much. As saying "an honest review" kind of hints at that. But you will be surprised to hear that I did actually enjoy it and here's why. If you haven't watched The Lion Guard please look away now!

The Good:

The Lion Guard was consistently funny and entertaining, it went back to it's roots and told a fantastic story. The characters themselves (putting away voices, we'll talk about that later) were almost perfect, aside from a few. (once again we will get to that later) The music was pretty damn good too. Especially after I expected it to be rather bad but I would rather not get into that. It was groovy and you could really tell which songs were trying to bring back memories from the first film(s), for example Zooka Zama (I think that's how you spelt it) was more like Hakuna Matata and Zooka Zama was one of my favorites of the TLG. The other songs were great too, and I really did like all the little easter eggs from TLK and SP that got chucked in there. An example wold be the opening sequence which was fittingly the sun, and Simba sitting down to watch the sun rise. Then there was Bunga holding the fruit like Rafiki held Simba/Kiara. All of these things really helped tone the fact that it was supposed to be an all new show. And although it didn't have much appeal for adults it was entertaining and very, very well scripted. I pretty much liked everything, but the things that I didn't like. I absolutely and utterly hated, almost cringed over. (sorry if you have a different opinion and look away if you're easily offended) Nala is down right perfect, her voice, her looks. Everything. Kiara also looks great as well as Kion and they both have excellent voice acting. We don't need to go into the other characters but they were good too. I really did enjoy The Lion Guard more than I thought I would.

The Bad:

The Lion Guard made me sigh sometimes and down right annoyed me. First we will talk about the characters/acting etc. Bunga, happens to be the most irritating little thing. I know he's set out to be "the bravest" of The Lion Guard but he is truly irritating and ruined some of the more emotional bring back memory's moments like when Simba was talking to Kion about Scar being the old Lion Guard. Nothing annoyed me more for Bunga to enter and ruin the moment, then finish off with "maybe they should think about fixing the place up", down right ruining any emotion I had. Then there's Zuri who sholdn't even be in it. I don't know what they were thinking. For a lion to be a girly lion? Really? I will make the rest short and sweet. I really don't like Rob Lowe as Simba at all, his voice is too deep to be Simba, but it's not just that. I think his actual voice acting is kind of rubbish. Also, since when was Kiara so obsessed with being the queen. The whole point of the second film was because she wanted to be who she wanted. But it's the exact opposite in TLG. There are a few more things that I could probably think of.

The Verdict:

Pro's:
-Stayed true to it's roots
-Catchy songs
-Most characters were great
-Very good overall
Con's:
-Some very annoying characters
-Voice acting can be a bit off
-Some characters are not how they should be

8.6/10 - They can improve a lot but it was great overall

There are more good/bad things I could probably think of, and I will probably edit what I've got, and I will notify if I do as-well. If you liked this review please say and I would love to hear your thoughts. Let this be a place to post reviews of The Lion Guard

EDIT: I didn't like the walking animation of Simba it was very crumby, but I liked the rest of it![/quote]
I merged your thread with the other one where people have been posting reviews as there's no need for two topics.

To be honest, the thing that bothered me most about Return of the Roar is the way the lions' legs move. It bugs me.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Captain Cupcake » November 24th, 2015, 10:13 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]ok I never new they could sound like that, I thought it was more of a.....this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5-SBwxRxzU[/quote]

They have a variety of calls as they get older. Although, that video you posted spliced in some cat noises, so when it gets to the familiar meowing, that's not the sounds lion cubs make. Their earliest kinds of calls are amusing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Avq_jb1JeM
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Vorkey » November 24th, 2015, 12:40 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]:icky: notice how the character look so Chubby and the four-legs look a little too muscular,im really missing the old style and they said there were trying to go with the real thing but they said they wanted something different, ugh whhhhy!

Anyway I don't know about they way his entrance, I wonder if it should have after Kion sang[/quote]

I noticed that Pumbaa shrank or Kion is one big lion cub.

Vorkey

Pride Points: 0

Postby Carl » November 24th, 2015, 1:19 pm

I think Kion and Kiara are older than Simba was in TLK.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby it means no worries » November 24th, 2015, 1:24 pm

meh-its a few millimeters higher-doesnt matter
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard