First reviews are pouring in.

Re: First reviews are pouring in.

Postby Troll Berserker » November 21st, 2015, 11:52 am

[quote]Meanwhile, the series' main villain, a teenage hyena named Janja (Andrew Kishino), doesn't pose nearly the same threat as, say, Scar or Zira; mainly, he just gets laughed out by his henchmen while various insects crawl all over him
(...)
the special lacks a compelling villain -- although young kids will still likely enjoy the special.[/quote]
I disagree with that.
Janja is, like he said, a young hyena, much like a troublemaker bully, not an actual evil villain like Scar and it's not wrong. This is what he meant to be from the start.
The point of Return Of The Roar is not "good guys fight the bad guy". It's mainly about learning the idea of Lion Guard and Kion and his non-lion team becoming protectors of Pridelands. So Janja's presence in the movie is just a push foward for the upcoming Lion Guard to team up and prove their worth while others (Simba, Kiara) doubt them.
I think Janja will be fleshed out in the show that will have more "good vs. bad" plot construction.
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby TheLionPrince » November 23rd, 2015, 3:01 am

Here's another review from TV Line. For fun, you can grade the movie.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » November 23rd, 2015, 11:02 am

I was very pleased with what I saw, my hopes that The Lion Guard will be a kids show that adults will be able to watch has been met, and I am eager to see where the series goes moving forward. My only complaint is that it was too short, the story felt slightly rushed. I think another half hour would have benefited the movie. However the objective of this movie was to set up the series. They did that perfectly.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 23rd, 2015, 3:53 pm

hey who knows we can only hope they make an actual longer movie for it the far future ;)
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SimbasGuard » November 28th, 2015, 11:42 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]hey who knows we can only hope they make an actual longer movie for it the far future ;)[/quote]

Yeah is my greatest, and most unrealistic hope. ;)
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard