Saddeningly disappointed with the reveals so far.

Re: Saddeningly disappointed with the reveals so far.

Postby HereWeStand » August 24th, 2015, 3:30 pm

That does not necessarily mean they will be satisfactory to be honest. :/ Besides, Simba's Pride itself had plenty of plotholes which have never been addressed by Disney. (One is even prevalent in the post, how on earth did Rafiki not find out Simba was alive in the first film sooner when in Simba's Pride he's canonically able to communicate with the Great Kings' spirits?)
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Captain Cupcake » August 24th, 2015, 3:33 pm

While I'm a bit iffy on Kion having powers and such myself, I must point out that his special roar isn't really a deus ex machina. It's pretty blatant that there will be a story behind all of that, and what the upcoming pilot movie will most likely revolve around, given it's supposed to establish everything that will be built off of in the TV series. It's not just going to be some contrived magic out of nowhere with no explanation.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby HereWeStand » August 24th, 2015, 3:46 pm

Even if not unexpected though, that's really not the main issue. What I'm afraid of is that it'll always be used as a quick solution to the ep's daily problem instead of more satisfactory conclusions, which will get old very fast if that actually happens to be the case. If they can offer alternatives to it and use it scarcely then fair enough.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zerodix » August 24th, 2015, 9:27 pm

I think we should respect all views and opinions on the lion guard. I found simbas pride very joyfull to watch. But tlk 1.5 was, for me, a disgrace. But others enjoyed it. The lion guard looks promising, since the amount of characters and types, also the various species that are in the first clip look sweet and all have a personality. Since i expected it to be dora the explorer-ish, the preview was a relief. Love the athmosphere of this show.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbasGuard » August 25th, 2015, 5:48 am

When The Lion Guard was announced last year they said the show would feature problem solving, so while The Roar of the Elders with be an ace in the hole as it were. Considering that it has the potential to misused Kion may treat it more like a nuclear option, a weapon of of last resort. I can understand peoples displeasure with The Lion Guard having superpowers, but to me since it is a team of cubs. If they are going to be protecting The Pride Lands in any way they will need an edge of some kind to be effective. I think it would be harder to believe that a team of cubs could do What The Lion Guard will supposedly do with only their cub abilities.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby KiovuLove » August 26th, 2015, 5:18 am

Honestly I'm just excited that the lion king is getting attention. It is the best disney movie of all time, it was the most successful til frozen *cringe* happened. Yet disney doesn't give it much attention. If you are not a disney princess or star wars or marvel, disney will just kick you to the curb. Plain and simple. So having a new show that brings the fandom to a new generation is fantastic. The parents, even if they don't like it, they can be like "lemme show you what REALLY happened" and show them the original movie. I just have my fingers crossed that it does well so that maybe the rest of the fandom gets the spotlight again. They could begin to release more merch, rerelease the movies, who knows?! But it all depends on if it does well.

I think it's cute. Maybe I'm just a kid at heart to think that or something. The original had elements of magic whether you believe that or not, they just added onto it. I'm excited for the potential it has and honestly I don't understand how anyone who's a true fan wouldn't see it the same way
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby Carl » August 26th, 2015, 5:35 am

I was personally really impressed with what we've seen thusfar. I've been taking care of my 7 year old cousin for pretty much his whole life, and I've seen what many kids shows are like... this looks like it's leaps and bounds ahead of many of them. It looks good imo. I'm really not bothered by Kion's Roar of the Elders, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be used constantly, and even so, this show still looks better than many things that are on TV.

But then again, I like quite a few kids shows anyway, so... :hey8:

But not all TLK fans have to like it, and I've seen quite a few people who have issues with what's been released. It's fine to think it doesn't look good, or to think it's disappointing, not everyone has the same standards and not everyone likes the same things. That's just fact. I do think people should wait until seeing it before definitively deciding it's good or bad, but if someone isn't interested to watch it, then they shouldn't.

We're all here because we like one of the films, not because we all like all aspects of the franchise and the fandom. Some people only like the first film, some like the first two, but not 1.5/3. Most people dislike the Timon & Pumbaa TV series, a few don't. Some people are advocates for the semi-canon characters... some are sick of hearing about them. Some people will like TLG, and some people won't. It's not a big deal.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby KiovuLove » August 26th, 2015, 5:40 am

I'm not saying you have to like it, but I just don't get how you can be so negative when it's for a new audience and all the other things I mentioned
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby Elton John » August 26th, 2015, 5:52 am

I agree. In spite of being one of their most beloved properties it really feels like disney sometimes kicks this franchise to the curb.

When i went to dw there was almost no clothing or accessories for tlk in the various gift shops I went to. I asked a lady about tlk coffee mugs after seeing none and her response was that they get that question often for tlk but nothing is done about it.

I saw a few pins and plushes and sometimes a few random things but most of the merch was dedicated to the princesses and more modern movies.

And of course Kiara will never be seen as a official disney princess.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby WildSimba » August 26th, 2015, 5:56 am

[quote="Elton John"]I agree. In spite of being one of their most beloved properties it really feels like disney sometimes kicks this franchise to the curb.

When i went to dw there was almost no clothing or accessories for tlk in the various gift shops I went to. I asked a lady about tlk coffee mugs after seeing none and her response was that they get that question often for tlk but nothing is done about it.

I saw a few pins and plushes and sometimes a few random things but most of the merch was dedicated to the princesses and more modern movies.

And of course Kiara will never be seen as a official disney princess.[/quote]

The thing is, from disney's eyes, The Lion King is too smart of a film for them to profit off of. They know they'll get profits from the princess stuff because it's so generic, any little girl will relate in someway, essentially. Unfortunately in animation, generic stuff sells. Not that every disney princess is generic, just that it's easy for them to profit off of.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard