What about Vitani?

What about Vitani?

Postby Elton John » August 18th, 2015, 6:10 am

People are so worried about kovu that they're forgetting about Vitani. She was under developed in tlk2 but I feel she could be a better developed character in the tv series.

Kids (or speaking in tlk terms, cubs) rarely listen to advice from family members and I think timon and pumbaa will mostly be comic relief so why not have her be kind of like a mentor to Kion?

I am worried she will mostly be in the background or be forgotten. There is a glimmer of hope as Disney seems to be taking previous characters and nods to previous movies in spite of this show being mainly targetted towards kids who have never seen the lion king before.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: What about Vitani?

Postby SimbasGuard » August 18th, 2015, 7:11 am

I would love to see Vitani in the Lion Guard and I like the idea of her mentoring Kion. Although it would be kind of hard for Kion not to see her as another Big Sister. Another thing to consider is that for all we know Vitani may have caught the eye of a neighboring King and may now be Queen of her own pride. (This is what I will tell myself happened if she is left out of the show). I personally love Vitani as a character and I am actually more afraid that she will be forgotten than I am Kovu. Kovu is a more important character after all.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby DGFone » August 18th, 2015, 7:32 am

She might make a cameo or two. But based on how little she was involved even in TLK2, I doubt that she will appear much in TLG. Of course, since it's a TV show (hopefully with many good episodes), there will be a lot more chances to bring in these lesser characters compared to a movie, which is severely limited by time.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby zerodix » August 18th, 2015, 8:54 am

there are references made about Scar and Mufasa. Rafiki already popped up, and Timon and Pumbaa appear in the show. Kiara was mentioned to be in it as well, but I remember a thread about Kovu not beeing there.. I fear that the Outlanders and Vitani aren't present as well, since the most references are made to the first movie..
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbasGuard » August 18th, 2015, 4:19 pm

I'd settle for a Vitani cameo as long as she is not just forgotten.

The only Outsiders that were even characterized in Lion King 2 were Zira, Nuka, Vitani, and Kovu. Zira and Nuka are dead, Kovu is Kiara's husband and must therefore be acknowledged in some way (HERE MY WORDS DISNEY). That leaves Vitani as the only outsider that we know anything at all about. I'm sue the other Outsiders will be there, but since they merged into Simba's Pride (and the fact that we never got to know any of them anyway) there won't be anything to identify any random background lioness as a former Outsider or not.

The fact that The Out Lands are mentioned (Even though The Out Lands that we have seen in The Lion Guard are a different Out Lands that the ones in Simba's Pride) is a reference to Lion King 2. There could be others as well.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on September 7th, 2015, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

SimbasGuard

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 18th, 2015, 4:44 pm

The question that is bubbling in my mind how much of the lioness/subjects/members will they show, it the show would have a huge gap if they didnt show other lionesses
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SimbasGuard » August 18th, 2015, 5:16 pm

I'm sure other lionesses will be shown, but they will likely be background characters. If we are very lucky perhaps Sarafina will make an appearance.

SimbasGuard

Postby Elton John » August 18th, 2015, 5:19 pm

It would be nice to know what happened to sarabi and sarafina.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » August 18th, 2015, 5:49 pm

I'm unsure of what characters will make appearances. Seeing as there is still confusion over Kovu making an appearance, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for Vitani. I would love to see her in it though, and like Elton said, it would be very nice to know what happened to those two. I've always wanted to see them as grandmothers.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Tsuki » August 18th, 2015, 7:47 pm

Yeh it's odd Kovu isn't in it (or so far). I don't think Vitani will play any major roll in TLG but it would be nice for both her and Kovu to make one or two appearances.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Next

Return to The Lion Guard