Will the show be canon?

Re: Will the show be canon?

Postby SimbasGuard » June 4th, 2015, 3:50 am

Hey Adofo I get what you are saying :hug2: I think the biggest disagreement we have here is what constitutes canon. I assume That Lion Guard will be canon,because it seems to be set after Lion King 2. However I understand what you are saying because Disney could do with The Lion Guard what MGM Holdings did with All Dogs Go To Heaven The Series, it was set after All Dogs Go To Heaven 2. However The series is it's own canon separate from the movies. I personally doubt that Disney will go this route given how well tight continuity has worked for their Marvel movies. However until we actually see the show we can not definitively state that it is or isn't canon. Personally I believe it will be. As for me having my expectations too high, well at this point I am optimistic about how good the show will be. I am not expecting anything on the level of The Lion King. I will be pleased if the show is a worthy companion to it's predecessor. I suppose The Lion Guard could be canceled before it ever airs. That would disappoint me, but I think that is unlikely to happen.

As for The Timon and Pumbaa show being declared canon, I'd never take that seriously, because that series itself was basically denounced by Lion King 1 1/2. I think you raised a valid point with the questions of where other series fit in the cannon of the movies that inspired them, but I'll PM you about that so as not to side track this thread.

I have a question to anyone that wants to answer it. I know Sofia The First has had several guest stars, so my question is this: Is Sofia The First canon to every Disney Princess movie, or does Sofia inhabit a House of Mouse like world where anyone can show up?
Last edited by SimbasGuard on March 18th, 2018, 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby gothprincesskiara » June 4th, 2015, 6:01 am

Ok after catching up on everything here, since ive been away a little but..

First off, I just think I WANT the show to be canon and it SHOULD BE because if it weren't, then the kids would be confused of the time line when they discover and watch TLK 1 and 2. Besides, If I'm correct, after lionesses had there cubs and the cubs grow up to adulthood, they can have more offspring again even when there other sons and daughters have grown up, don't lion cubs have big sisters or brothers too?

Also there is nothing wrong with Kions look or colors he has all the same features of the rest of the TLK lions, ans the coloration is not out of the TLK color pallet code, and I would know I am an expert on all there features considering im a old TLK artist that loves to draw and color them ALOT So I studied all those features perfectly. So it is safe to say they did very well with Kions look, he look VERY 100% TLK. Mufasa had a bright red mane and so does our Simba :retro: and that's the color of Kions. and what wrong with his Mohawk? its cute, How else to males get there manes. Kovu had one brushing down his forehead :gasp: . Whats wrong with Kions Mohawk brushing toward is back? and I will say when I first looked at those pictures of Kion, I have to say I was not happy about them at first because I thought they made him look like Elvis Presley :lol: and I'm no fan of him, no way I hate his music, and I dont like his look no offense to any Elvis lovers out there. but I realized in the animation that's not the case. So Kion is pure TLK material just like his family.

Last but not least :ugh: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Dont bring up the thought of them canceling it, DON'T JINX IT PLEASE!, just prey to your god that it will be good and not as bad as we may think. Seriously I cant imagine life now without a new Era in TLK now. I just cant anymore and I don't want to live without one ever again as a TLK fan. I will be devastated if they just don't continue with it.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SimbasGuard » June 5th, 2015, 8:53 pm

Exactly. It is perfectly believable that Simba And Nala could have another cub, despite having a Daughter that is herself an adult (A Young Adult I might add). It is also very realistic with actual nature.

I personally think Kion is adorable, I can't wait to meet him.

Also unless we have some reason to Expect bad news regarding The Lion Guard, I see no reason to fear the worst.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on June 6th, 2015, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Adofo » June 6th, 2015, 12:59 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]Also unless we have some reason to Expect band news regarding The Lion Guard, I see no reason to fear the worst.[/quote]

'BaNd' news?! ;) lolz
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Postby SimbasGuard » June 6th, 2015, 11:34 pm

[quote="Adofo"]'BaNd' news?! ;) lolz[/quote]

:oops: Typo, I meant BAD news. The typo is now fixed. Of course now my luck being what it is, I have now cursed the production. The resulting story change will be this:

When The Lion Guard isn't defending The Pride Lands, they are looking for musical gigs all across the Savanna.

Now in an effort to say something topic worthy, Since we know we will be seeing Kion's family. Does anyone think we could get a chance to see the other members of The Lion Guard interact with their families when they are not with the team? It could be interesting to see how the other species in The Pride Lands live (and it would also provide the writers with a way to slip in some educational facts about other animals). It would also serve to Expand on The Lion King Mythos.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on June 25th, 2015, 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

SimbasGuard

Postby Adofo » June 6th, 2015, 11:36 pm

WAY TO GO! You've ruined it for everyone! Give up on TLG now, people! SG just turned it into a weird band documentary! I hope you're happy with yourself, SimbasGuard! This is why society can't have nice things!
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby gothprincesskiara » June 7th, 2015, 1:34 am

So are you saying there is going to music and singing in the show?

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Adofo » June 7th, 2015, 1:37 am

Yes, but now the entire show is now some third party rock band! Kion on guitar, Simba on vocals, Nala on drums and Kiara on bass. All because of SimbasGuard! Way to go, bro! Now GO TO YOUR ROOM! RIGHT NOW, MISTER!
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby gothprincesskiara » June 7th, 2015, 1:40 am

Now Adofo calm down, not all music is bad, im looking forward to seeing how they do, I think your over reacting on this a bit.

gothprincesskiara

Postby Adofo » June 7th, 2015, 1:41 am

(You do know this is just a joke, right?)
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard