The Guard should have one more female member

Re: The Guard should have one more female member

Postby Elton John » August 22nd, 2016, 2:48 pm

True but adding jasiri as a member of the guard would be awesome in more ways than one.

I have yet to see a person who doesn't at the very least like her and a lot of people adore the character.

Part of it is because she's a hyena character who isn't portrayed as evil. Part of it is because she's a sassy and fun character.

And having a hyena become a member of the pridelands would potentially give us some decent stories.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Sushi » August 23rd, 2016, 12:54 am

[quote="Elton John"]True but adding jasiri as a member of the guard would be awesome in more ways than one.

I have yet to see a person who doesn't at the very least like her and a lot of people adore the character.

Part of it is because she's a hyena character who isn't portrayed as evil. Part of it is because she's a sassy and fun character.

And having a hyena become a member of the pridelands would potentially give us some decent stories.[/quote]
Problem being I can't see Simba having any of it though.
Sushi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Samaki
Telegram: @jagerleopard (https://telegram.me/jagerleopard)
Pride Points: 2

Postby Elton John » August 23rd, 2016, 1:09 am

True. Even so I think it would make for a good episode, where simba gradually lets go of his hatred and fear of hyenas and allows jasiri to stay in the pridelands.

It would kinda be like the first jasiri episode but a bit more emotionally intense due to simbas past dealings with hyenas.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Carl » August 23rd, 2016, 2:43 am

I don't know, TLG Simba, while pretty strict in Return of the Roar, has been rather chill ever since. I think if Kion and the Guard vouched for Jasiri and explained how she'd helped them that at this point Simba would trust their judgment. I doubt Disney will go that route, as adding members to the Guard seems like the kind of thing they won't be rushing to do, but I can see it working rather well if they wanted to.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Squeely » August 23rd, 2016, 5:02 am

They could do some sort of honorary-member type thing, where Jasiri isn't quite a part of the team proper, but helps out a lot.

That reminds me of that bit we saw months and months ago. It looked like Kion was fighting hyenas, but he had a giraffe and probably a couple other non-Guard animals there with him as well. I wonder what happened to that.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Alexterri1 » August 23rd, 2016, 10:54 pm

id kinda like if they added another member who was a girl, that would be cool

especially if it were jasiri
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Postby Aelwen » August 24th, 2016, 7:37 am

[quote]True. Even so I think it would make for a good episode, where simba gradually lets go of his hatred and fear of hyenas and allows jasiri to stay in the pridelands.[/quote]
i think jis hatred is completely justified considering that hyenas tens]d to kill lions' prey and their cubs.
Aelwen

Pride Points: 1

Postby Timon the great » September 2nd, 2016, 8:08 pm

In my own opinion, having Jasiri as part of the main group of characters from this show probably wouldn't be the best route to go. Fuli, I can understand because I can see she really serves her purpose as part of the guard and as an important female character of LG. And as a guy, I also find her pretty appealing in most ways and like the fact that not only is she a strong female character, but also a good model for both guys and girls.

With Jasiri (and excluding the song she sings since animated character songs don't always express their true image), the quote they have her of saying "Boys are stupid" in the episode of her is an unnecessary turn off / idea in my own view (no, I don't think it is necessarily sexist, but can definitely understand why some older people find it to be). And if this show was designed for teenagers instead of preschoolers, that remark would then pass because most if not all people at that age already have a logical understanding that that quote isn't actually true in reality.

Now, before any hardcore LG fans on here start criticizing me for pointing out the fact of that quote remark from this hyena character, I don't necessarily think Jasiri is a bad one because of it as I have seen the entire episode. But I just personally don't see Jasiri being as good of a role model for little kids like Fuli is, because I also see that Jasiri is self-centered in her own thoughts and judgement. Which I think shows up pretty well when Kion first encounters her.

Fuli, from the small amount of episodes I've seen of this show is more neutral in this aspect. Which is a lot more ideal for an animated educational show like this. So I think to include another female character like Jasiri in the mix, the creators would have to modify her or create a personality that's very likeable and relatable to All audiences, along with someone that people of both genders can actually look up to. Just like Fuli.

So I can also understand why they only brought Jasiri into just one episode, even though I don't know what exactly was going on in the creators mind when introducing the character on that episode. But nonetheless, I think the guard on this show is fine the way it is with one female character of Fuli, who is also a very decent one at that. And satisfies the argument of this topic here.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Elton John » September 2nd, 2016, 8:14 pm

If they based the members of the guard on how likeable they are, Bunga would not exist. He's also a terrible role model too.

Fuli is a decent enough character but why is it 'fine' that the guard has only one female member?
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Squeely » September 2nd, 2016, 8:21 pm

Jasiri's dislike of boys makes sense when one considers the boys she usually encounters. Janja and co aren't exactly the epitome of smart or polite. And it could add some very nice character development for Jasiri to be shown that not all boys are so oafish. Beshte would probably be the best for her to hang around in that regard, and now I kinda hope that happens at some point.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard