TLK Fan of the Month - January and February 2014

TLK Fan of the Month - January and February 2014

Postby DGFone » February 9th, 2014, 2:46 am

Welcome to the brand new contest! Contrary to semi-popular belief, while this contest is based in part off Member of the Month, this contest exists for an entirely different purpose. While it is true that all members here on MLK are fans of at least one of the movies, this contest exists to point out those who continue to show their love for the movies by their activities on MLK whether it be through art, writing, or just general activity on the forum that displays just how much of a fan they are.

The rules are at least initially going to start off as rather simple, and hopefully they will be that all be required for a smooth running and likable contest. The rules are:

[quote]* Each month, members will nominate up to four members who they consider active enough fans to be considered "fans of the month".

* New members can be nominated one month after their joining the forum. If it's TLK fan of the month, it won't necessarily be fair to allow one-week old members to win compared to the older members who might not necessarily have a storage box of new ideas ready to be opened upon joining MLK.

* When nominating a member, provide a reason why they are being nominated. Unfortunately, a "I nominate 'X' because they are a great TLK fan!" will not be accepted. Try to provide a link or even a reference as to why they are a fan. Also, keep references for those that are on MLK. It won't be very nice to have members be nominated for something they did off MLK. Keep it on the forum please.

*The contest renews itself after each new year. If a member won in a year, they cannot be nominated again ultil the next year

These are all the rules I think are needed. Please don't force me to add more. ;)[/quote]

Now time for the nominations! Because this is both for January and February, each member can nominate up to eight members, or post two nominations of up to four members.

Let the new contest begin!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: TLK Fan of the Month - January and February 2014

Postby Ninaroja » February 9th, 2014, 3:06 pm

I'll start the nominations off then :D

Ninaroja's Nominations

1. Timon the Great - For posting in/about on topic threads, and creating new, thought provoking ones (such as the recent "Feeling Love, from Timon and Ma's Relationship" topic. Also for his dedication to the less popular sections of the board i.e. TLK 1.5/3

2. Julie Skywalker - She is an active participant in the MLK writing contest, and I really enjoy her entries. Her replies to on-topic posts are always well thought out and really detailed. 8-)

3. DGFone - For running the MLK writing contest for so long now, as well as being the driving force behind the effort to encourage more on-topic posting again. Also for putting effort into his on-topic posts (see above)

I might add some more later, but this is it for now :)
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby DGFone » February 11th, 2014, 7:45 pm

Here are (some of) my nominations:

TheLionPrince - General all around good posts throughout the TLK related topics, as well as many thoughtful posts.
Timon The Great - Very specific for TLK 1 1/2 and Timon, but a vast majority of his posts are quite the blast to read. Plus, he made the 10th anniversary post for TLK 1 1/2. If it's about Timon, he's nuts!
Julie Skywalker - Great fanfic author as well as also actively posting in the TLK sections.
Ninaroja - How to put it? Her latest story for the writing contest even got me emotional. Something that few stories can.
OuRaion Same all around good poster in the TLK sections.
GeminiGemelo - Another great fanfic writer. Doesn't post much elsewhere, but her stories are very good.
Nilla - Another member still quite active in the TLK sections.

EDIT: Reasons given. If any of you have questions about them, feel free to send a PM my way, seeing as this is the first contest.
Last edited by DGFone on February 13th, 2014, 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby FlipMode » February 12th, 2014, 12:45 am

[quote="DGFone"]Here are (some of) my nominations:

The_Lion_Prince
Timon The Great
Julie Skywalker
Ninaroja
OuRaion
Nilla
GeminiGemelo

I will fill in the reasons why later. I blame Flip on making me this lazy. :P[/quote]

I put the PRO in procrastinator.
Speaking of which, I'll edit this post later with my nominations.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby TheLionPrince » February 16th, 2014, 11:48 pm

Here are my candidates:

1. DGFone - For ruining what is perhaps one of the greatest scenes in animation movie history with his no-nonsense realism. Nah, I'm kidding! For every post he makes, the more he inspires me to look deeper within the movies in order to deliver thoughtful posts. This post alone is worth him getting my nomination.
2. Timon the Great - Besides me and OuRaion (who has recently announced his departure), he kept The Lion King 1½ subforum alive and well for months with threads paying attention to the more positive aspects of the film.
3. Julie Skywalker - Gives greatly detailed, thorough replies to some of "The Kingdom" threads
4. Ninaroja - The same reason as Julie Skywalker and a heavily active off-topic contributor
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Timon the great » February 20th, 2014, 10:56 am

Here are the nominations that I have for this contest currently:

DGFone: First of all, he started this idea of the LK Awards and I believe he earns valuable recognition for doing this, up-front. He also started this very interesting topic that I have yet to reply about and has made a some other interesting posts in other topics as well, in the LK 1 sub-forum.

Ninaroja: She has also contributed some interesting discussion in LK 1 sub-forum as well and has been trying to keep this area of MLK active recently. I also like a lot of what she also has posted in this topic I made, which shows me how interested or much of a devoted TLK 1 person, she is.

TheLionPrince: While I don't agree with a few things of what he has said in the LK 1 1/2 sub-forum aside from most of what he posted in this topic, I do see that he puts some very good thought/effort into many of his TLK posts in all three films, especially TLK 1 and 2 sub-forums (particularly after The Kingdom forum section was cleaned out) and therefore, I think he is definitely worthy of a nomination as well.

*I may add another nominee or two before the voting starts but it will require me to do a little more thinking on the side. But these are the nominations I definitely wanted to make now before anymore times goes by.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Kiburi » February 22nd, 2014, 3:25 pm

DGFone: For his efforts to keep the TLK spirit of this site alive, including by creating this contest. Is very dedicated to making well constructed comments in the TLK sections.

Timon the Great: Seems like he really tries to contribute all over the TLK section of this forum. I rarely see him post anywhere else, even!
One of this site's only big Timon fans, so he brings some insight to the table that some other members might otherwise not be able to in the TLK sections.

TheLionPrince: Again, he seems to make well written, thought out comments in the TLK sections, and is clearly trying to keep the TLK spirit alive on this site.
Kiburi
A waffle is like

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

A pancake with a syrup trap

Nickname(s): Kib, Kibbles, Kibbles n' Bits
Pride Points: 28

Postby Zonofon » February 23rd, 2014, 1:44 pm

DGFone: For the constructive suggestion for improvement of TLK spirit at forum (I mean TLK fan contest).

Timon the Great: For persistent protection of Timon and his film. Always and everywhere.

TheLionPrince: Very active member of all the movies subforums. Always saw his answers in topics that I made.
Zonofon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby DGFone » March 2nd, 2014, 10:46 am

Just finished with the voting round for the writing contest, and it's uncomfortably late over here, so I will create the voting round for this contest first thing I wake up... this morning, :?
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Timon the great » March 2nd, 2014, 3:27 pm

^'About time. Image

But like an RL friend of mine tells me sometimes, "It could've been worse".

Spoiler: show
Will be watching/waiting! Image
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Return to Beyond The Lion King