Lion King Diamond Edition

Re: Lion King Diamond Edition

Postby FlipMode » October 23rd, 2010, 11:05 am

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]It seems that we are at a point where we can see that the various factions that own TLK copyrights are going to stretch the bonus content out through the various forms of the film and thus exploit us fans to amass as much money as humanly possible from this film. I, for one, who doesn't have the laserdisc version will be in need of the bluray copy if it ever does get released, however, this is probably only the continuation of a long path of corperate exploitation.[/quote]

You know that sounds a bit misguided to me, not all compnaies are like that. The primary selling point of TLK on Blu Ray is that (and this applies to any blu ray for the matter) it plays in Native 1080P. Which is only possible on Blu Ray, thus the point is to update the film for new tech not just to make money.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 24th, 2010, 2:34 am

I am not saying it's not worth it, just that my somewhat embittered view of life has left me with the realisation that the primary concern of all companies is to stay afloat, and if a little money can be made with a special release on blu-ray, then so be it..... Perhaps not all companies wish to exploit us, but these are difficult times, and it is all you can do to protect your own assets....
TheRoguePrince

Postby xLilacVixenx » October 24th, 2010, 3:22 am

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]I am not saying it's not worth it, just that my somewhat embittered view of life has left me with the realisation that the primary concern of all companies is to stay afloat, and if a little money can be made with a special release on blu-ray, then so be it..... Perhaps not all companies wish to exploit us, but these are difficult times, and it is all you can do to protect your own assets....[/quote]

You could look at it as a chance to buy some Disney classics that haven't come out in a while... :lazy:
'Cause you're beautiful. Like no other. Flawless, absolutely flawless.
<3
xLilacVixenx
ƒℓυттєяsнγ ƒαиαтìc

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 13

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 24th, 2010, 3:30 am

ya, but how many have been released recently?
TheRoguePrince

Postby xLilacVixenx » October 24th, 2010, 5:47 am

Not recently, but there is a 2-disc special edition...
<3
xLilacVixenx
ƒℓυттєяsнγ ƒαиαтìc

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AustralianChaos » October 24th, 2010, 8:11 am

I, for one, can see where TRP is coming from.

Every other month it seems Disney is releasing another one of their "classics" in a DVD/Blu-Ray combo format, but only for a limited time, before it goes back in the vault. I like the fact that they're re-releasing all their movies on the combo-format for us, but to me, the Disney Vault, which is where all these movies go once the "limited time only" has run out, is just a big scam designed to make us more desperate for these movies, and therefore willing to pay more for them.

But that seems to be the way society works today, so I guess I'll just sigh, curse human civilisation for it's selfish attitude these days, buy TLK on the combo-format next year, and get on with things...no sense griping about a flaw in society that will never be fixed, I guess.
Image Image Thanks Simbaholic for the sig & mood buttons!
Spoiler: show
Thanks Simbaholic for the sig!

Spoiler: show
Awards

And also thanks to Simbaholic for my avatar!
AustralianChaos

Utopia is where dreams and reality are one...

Location: South-East Australia (or wandering the endless plains...)
Nickname(s): AC, Chaos, Tanga, Fuzzy-Kins, KinasMate
Pride Points: 7

Postby xLilacVixenx » October 24th, 2010, 8:36 am

You and Rogue do prove a point. But we have no evidence saying they will make another new idea to come up with. To tell the truth, I'm glad they're doing all this; unless it gets out of hand, lol.
<3
xLilacVixenx
ƒℓυттєяsнγ ƒαиαтìc

Postby TheRoguePrince » October 25th, 2010, 1:13 am

I get the feeling that the moment society comes up with a new piece of technology we will be seeing these "limited time only" releases again. DVD, Blu-Ray, etc. Next we might be seeing a 3D release of TLK, and eventually who knows what else. While we enjoy these new artifacts, it is infact exploitation. They need money to stay in business; we need TLK to satisfy our obsession. It is a supply and demand relationship. It is a necessary evil that we all must live with.....
TheRoguePrince

Postby TheIvanMuse » October 25th, 2010, 4:34 pm

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]I get the feeling that the moment society comes up with a new piece of technology we will be seeing these "limited time only" releases again. DVD, Blu-Ray, etc. Next we might be seeing a 3D release of TLK, and eventually who knows what else. While we enjoy these new artifacts, it is infact exploitation. They need money to stay in business; we need TLK to satisfy our obsession. It is a supply and demand relationship. It is a necessary evil that we all must live with.....[/quote]
In all fairness,in the end it's all up to you. No one is making you buy it.

Signature made by Taka
TheIvanMuse
Ninja Blader Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Never stop improving and you'll be forever young!

Nickname(s): Ivan , T.I.Van
Pride Points: 26

Postby FlipMode » October 25th, 2010, 5:25 pm

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]I get the feeling that the moment society comes up with a new piece of technology we will be seeing these "limited time only" releases again. DVD, Blu-Ray, etc. Next we might be seeing a 3D release of TLK, and eventually who knows what else. While we enjoy these new artifacts, it is infact exploitation. They need money to stay in business; we need TLK to satisfy our obsession. It is a supply and demand relationship. It is a necessary evil that we all must live with.....[/quote]

Supply and demand indeed, people demand it, and Disney supply it. Since Disney was one of the first companies to actually sign to release content on Blu-Ray, i would be pretty peeved if TLK didn't come out on Blu Ray.
Like you said, we enjoy them as a consumer and in turn Disney make money out of this... It's a win win situation, and whilst I can't say your opinion of it being evil is wrong, I can say that I disagree, and can't comprehend how you'd arrive at that perplex conclusion.

[quote="AustralianChaos"]But that seems to be the way society works today, so I guess I'll just sigh, curse human civilisation for it's selfish attitude these days, buy TLK on the combo-format next year, and get on with things...no sense griping about a flaw in society that will never be fixed, I guess.[/quote]

What do you think is more "selfish"? A company being able to release content as and when it wants to, or a law saying "No you sell all or nothing"?
Personally I would say that the fact companies can do this is not a flaw, because it works for them.... How many times have James Bond films been released over the years? XD
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

PreviousNext

Return to Marketplace