The Lion King on Blu-Ray

Re: The Lion King on Blu-Ray

Postby WildSimba » October 8th, 2011, 2:08 am

[quote="AdAstra"]It's pretty amazing how big of a difference there is between the DVD and the Blu-ray. I didn't know it was that significant to be honest.[/quote]

I don't understand why if people spent all the money on a blu ray player, and have a good enough TV, why they don't just buy blu rays. They're really not that significant of a difference in price, I could just as easily throw away 20 or 30 dollars on a DVD as I can a blu ray. lol
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby pounce » October 8th, 2011, 5:52 am

^ Well, I have the opposite problem. I bought the 3D blu-ray version yet I don't own a blu-ray player nor a flat panel tv. lol. I'm thinking ahead. ;) What I am ending up doing is buying a blu-ray drive for my computer and watching it through there for now.
Life of Pi is an awesome movie!
pounce

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): pouncedashfly
Pride Points: 5

Postby DGFone » October 8th, 2011, 6:21 am

If you din't have a flat TV, better get a Blue Ray drive for your computer. Full HD flat computer monitors are much cheaper than large TVs (price in the hundreds for top-notch versus thousands of dollars) and you will be able to connect your computer to the monitor. And Blue Ray drives are cheep now. I don't see why you'd have to spend more than $50 for one.

So if you are low on cash, you can get away with watching The Lion King in full HD for only about $200. That's of course if you don't include a good audio system - a must have - but those can get expensive.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Woeler » October 8th, 2011, 9:40 am

Pre ordered the diamond edition blu-ray (3d +2d), but it is released here on December 5th.
Also I found out my ps3 can play (3d)blu-ray. Lol I didn't know that when I bought it xd.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby Wrightfan » October 8th, 2011, 6:06 pm

[quote="woeler1"]Also I found out my ps3 can play (3d)blu-ray. Lol I didn't know that when I bought it xd.[/quote]

Yeah but you still need a 3D TV. Also, it was done in an update. It couldn't originally play 3-D.

By the way, I saw the "Pride of the Lion King" documentary on the blu ray and it's VERY good. Highlights:
-New interview with Julie Treymor (Director of TLK on Broadway)
-New interview between Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane
-Footage of Lebo M and crew rehearsing Circle of Life with a piano plus takes of that song and To Die For and others.
-Various clips of the old Disney Channel Doc
-New interviews with Katzenberg and Eisner
-and more
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Andrew
Pride Points: 9

Postby TimonLotso » October 9th, 2011, 4:53 am

I saw the Combo Pack at a supermarket in their video section.
SPOILER: DO NOT OPEN IF YOU DID NOT SEE THE BACK COVER YET.
Spoiler: show
The back cover shows Timon doing the hula in the "FOOOOR SOME BACON" stance, after he says bacon for the Disney's Second Screen picture, and yes, this does have bloopers, and the featured one is Rafiki dropping Simba. I think someone has that as their signature on here!

Questions:
1. In the Triology Pack, is the Holiday Safari on 1.5 (3) the same as Safari 1.5? I saw a video where someone played it. A different user played the King of the Jungle game on that 1.5 bonus disc?
2. Does the Blu Ray contain the safari from the 2003 DVD?
Hula Timon was purchased on August 5th, 2011.
Hula Pumbaa was purchased on August 25, 2011.
TimonLotso
♥The Most Fabulous Sheep♥

I shall help you all!

Nickname(s): Queen Lanolin
Pride Points: 2

Postby Regulus » October 9th, 2011, 5:57 am

Blu-ray + Blu-ray drive + 1920x1080 computer monitor + good quality headphones + comfortable office chair = win for under $400 :)
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Katelyn23 » October 10th, 2011, 5:56 pm

[quote="TimonLotso"]
2. Does the Blu Ray contain the safari from the 2003 DVD?[/quote]

The Blu-Ray doesn't have any Safari on it sadly. Instead it has bloopers/outtakes, an Interactive library, deleted scenes, a documentary entitled Pride of The Lion King and a couple of informational videos, one being for Blu-Ray 3D with Timon and Pumbaa.

Katelyn23
We are the champions.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I be speakin' swaghili.

Pride Points: 20

Postby mamaprince » April 16th, 2012, 1:57 am

i got to watch it in 3D at the theaters on my birthday. then in October , i went to walmart and bought it on blu ray combo pack. :zira-happy:
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

Previous

Return to Marketplace