The Lion King on Blu-Ray

Re: The Lion King on Blu-Ray

Postby Wrightfan » October 5th, 2011, 3:03 pm

Started watching last night.

Simply jaw dropping. It looks like a brand new movie (in a good way).
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Andrew
Pride Points: 9

Postby DGFone » October 5th, 2011, 6:52 pm

So my parents pre-ordered it without my knowledge. I guess it's even better, becasue we might watch it soon (it already arrived!) using our home theater - a beast of an audio system! :)

Like I said in my TLK 3D review: the best way to watch movies is at home with a great system. Now I will be able to do that with The Lion King. 2D only for now, becasue we don't have a 3D TV, those expensive things, but I don't mind.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Tekir » October 5th, 2011, 8:19 pm

I bought the blu-ray yesterday and watched it during the evening.

That was my first time watching the movie without a bad image quality or any 3D effects. Like Wrightfan said:[quote="Wrightfan"]Simply jaw dropping.[/quote]
^Amazing sig by SCHD or La'Vie. Thanks a lot! =D
Ask me stuff! | Fanart | OT art
Tekir
That guy with a hat

You're despicable

Nickname(s): Tek, Tigerhat
Pride Points: 27

Postby AdAstrα » October 5th, 2011, 8:58 pm

[quote="Wrightfan"]Started watching last night.

Simply jaw dropping. It looks like a brand new movie (in a good way).[/quote]
Couldn't agree more. I literally sat there like ---> :O The quality is just stunning.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Woeler » October 5th, 2011, 9:16 pm

[quote="AdAstra"]Simba's Pride is getting a seperate release? YAY :D[/quote]
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby Katelyn23 » October 6th, 2011, 2:58 am

I watched it today and it was just amazing, everything looked so new, the quality and the sound were just perfect, and the animation looked at it's best. Definitely the best home-experience of the film I've had in awhile.

If you haven't purchased the Blu-Ray yet, I strongly recommend it. You won't be disappointed. :)

Katelyn23
We are the champions.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I be speakin' swaghili.

Pride Points: 20

Postby pounce » October 6th, 2011, 3:08 am

Am I the only one that is going to buy the blu-ray from Walmart? I don't feel like waiting for shipping, but I'm the one procrastinating. lol, buying it tomorrow. :P
Life of Pi is an awesome movie!
pounce

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): pouncedashfly
Pride Points: 5

Postby AdAstrα » October 6th, 2011, 10:41 am

It's pretty amazing how big of a difference there is between the DVD and the Blu-ray. I didn't know it was that significant to be honest.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Katelyn23 » October 6th, 2011, 12:13 pm

[quote="pounce"]Am I the only one that is going to buy the blu-ray from Walmart? I don't feel like waiting for shipping, but I'm the one procrastinating. lol, buying it tomorrow. :P[/quote]

Lol, I bought mine from FutureShop. 8-)

Katelyn23
We are the champions.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I be speakin' swaghili.

Pride Points: 20

Postby pounce » October 8th, 2011, 2:05 am

I just got mine like 30min ago. I finally got the chance to go up to Walmart and wait in line forever just to here the machine beep happiness at me. :P

@Katelyn23, Nice, that makes two of us that bought it locally :)
Last edited by pounce on October 8th, 2011, 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life of Pi is an awesome movie!
pounce

Nickname(s): pouncedashfly
Pride Points: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Marketplace