Hans Zimmer

Re: Hans Zimmer

Postby Harvs » January 29th, 2011, 6:13 pm

Hans Zimmer wrote the Lion King's score.

Hans Zimmer wrote all Pirates of the Caribbean scores.

Hans Zimmer wrote the score for Despicable me, Spirit; Stallion of the Cimarron, The Last Samurai, Shark Tale, Twister, Kung Fu Panda, Sherlock Holmes, and Muppet Treasure Island.

Hans Zimmer - 13 | All other composers - 0

"A film should engage, not distract. expand, not contract. Inform, not retract. Redefine, not reenact."

Credit to my awesome signature goes to Twin.
Harvs
The old Simba66

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The new HarvstootH

Nickname(s): 66, S66, Simby
Pride Points: 54

Postby Lauren » January 29th, 2011, 6:23 pm

[quote="Simba66"]Hans Zimmer wrote the Lion King's score.

Hans Zimmer wrote all Pirates of the Caribbean scores.

Hans Zimmer wrote the score for Despicable me, Spirit; Stallion of the Cimarron, The Last Samurai, Shark Tale, Twister, Kung Fu Panda, Sherlock Holmes, and Muppet Treasure Island.

Hans Zimmer - 13 | All other composers - 0[/quote]

Don't forget that he also did all of the scores for Madagascar and Madagascar Escape 2 Africa. ;)
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Simbaholikov » January 29th, 2011, 6:57 pm

He has composed music for over 100 Films. ^^
And he has been ranked Number 72 on the list of the "Top 100 living geniuses" apparentely. :nehneh:
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdAstrα » January 29th, 2011, 8:45 pm

I think the Lion King score is the best score he's done, hands down. It's too epic for words.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby CoeurDeLion » January 30th, 2011, 5:16 am

[quote="QueenOfPrideRock"]I think the Lion King score is the best score he's done, hands down. It's too epic for words.[/quote]

Well, its the only one that got him an Acadamy Award so I would say many people agree! Plus, it also got him a Golden Globe and 2 Grammys. :D

That score is just amazing. Epic is the perfect word.
Project TLK94: A 3x2 Ft. Wood Frame Engraved With Lion King Imagery And A Musical Movement!
http://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13146
Thanks to xLilacVixenX for the awesome sig!
CoeurDeLion

Lionheart- Fan of Nala

Nickname(s): Mike
Pride Points: 0

Postby Harvs » January 30th, 2011, 5:38 am

He also wrote most of the score for The Prince of Egypt. Amazing movie, amazing animation... and phenomenal music.

Don't believe me? Give this a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-vzuaoXkvA

"A film should engage, not distract. expand, not contract. Inform, not retract. Redefine, not reenact."

Harvs
The old Simba66

The new HarvstootH

Postby xLilacVixenx » January 30th, 2011, 9:27 am

[quote="Simba66"]He also wrote most of the score for The Prince of Egypt. Amazing movie, amazing animation... and phenomenal music.

Don't believe me? Give this a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-vzuaoXkvA[/quote]

I believe you. I saw that movie a long time ago and I still am amazed by it. C:
'Cause you're beautiful. Like no other. Flawless, absolutely flawless.
<3
xLilacVixenx
ƒℓυттєяsнγ ƒαиαтìc

Pride Points: 13

Postby atouchofgrace » January 31st, 2011, 10:10 pm

[quote="Simba66"]He also wrote most of the score for The Prince of Egypt. Amazing movie, amazing animation... and phenomenal music.

Don't believe me? Give this a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-vzuaoXkvA[/quote]

Prince of Egipt is sooooo underrated! One of the best animated movies ever, in my opinion.
ImageImageImageImageImage
atouchofgrace

Nickname(s): Cat
Pride Points: 2

Postby AdAstrα » February 8th, 2011, 6:25 pm

Ah, I always wanted to see that movie! Definitely gonna check it out now :)
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Harvs » February 9th, 2011, 6:45 pm

You definitely should QOPR. It's one of those movies where, no matter your religion, it still keeps it's awesomeness. The Prince of Egypt is often perceived as an underrated movie. The unity of art, music, creativity, story, and heart are truly something of legend. And who do we have to thank for such a score? None other than the topic for this thread, Hans Zimmer.

Harvs
The old Simba66

The new HarvstootH

PreviousNext

Return to Creators