Kopa

Re: Kopa

Postby DGFone » April 25th, 2011, 8:45 am

Kopa is the most fun character, and he doesn't look or act that bad either. If you want to make him a crazy Simba-clone, you can, but you can also follow the established, slightly calmer, story-loving Kopa in the books. As far as I can tell, even with people who don't think that Kopa is canon, many people prefer him to Kiara (personality wise), and it's not hard to see why. Do note that this is my perception and I might be wrong. But I too prefer Kopa to Kiara. Sometimes I actually think that Kopa is more canon than Kiara: I don't go into Simba's Pride much.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » April 25th, 2011, 9:49 pm

[quote="DGFone"][quote="Nitro"]I think it's because that since he's in debate over whether or not he's fannor or canon, he has no real backstory like all the other character and you can experiement with him more. One fanfic I read depicts him as a ghost cub watching over Kiara as she grows up in his place, one that has him return and fall in love with Vitani, take the throne from Kovu, and become king, and even another that has him as a psychotic murderer who kills Simba for no other reason than being his father. So really, he's basically your OC with the name Kopa.[/quote]

This is what makes Kopa such a great character: He's an OC that everyone knows about, has only a very basic back-story (Simba's and Nala's son), and is almost limitless in opportunity to play around with. At the same time, when you say Kopa, people will know who you're referring to.[/quote]
True, I love your idea of Kopa being basically an OC, Nitro ;)

And Kopa the killer? I don't think that works, lol. But, who am I to prove anybody wrong? Its not my place to do so.

I like to think of Kopa as basically a character. Well, I think that came out a bit wrong, lol.
Kopa is like an adoptable made by Disney. They made the design and the parents and name, all you have to do is make the backstory and maybe change the design to your liking (like how some Kopas have red hair and others have brown)
SummerSnowLeopard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Summer
Pride Points: 38

Postby Mark » April 26th, 2011, 7:09 pm

What about the idea of Kiara being born first?

It's outlined pretty well here:

http://www.animationsource.org/lion_kin ... id_film=14

I can't see any wholes in it - the entire plot of SP slots in between the second last and last scenes of the original film. It explains why Simba is a more nervous parent with Kiara than Kopa (because she's his first cub); It explains why the issue with the oulanders is never mentioned in the Six New Adventures (because they have been resolved); It explains why Kopa is never mentioned in SP (because he wasn't actually born yet).

To me, it all makes sense - but can anyone (more eagle eyed than me) spot any problems with this theory?

The only thing I can see is this: At the end of TLK, why was the presentation of Kopa (second child) shown and not the presentation of Kiara (the ceremonies are so different that I can't accept them being the same cub)?

Actually, I found an anwser for this as well - Kopa being the first male cub, he is the future king and therefore his birth is the next significant thing in the timeline of lion kings.

Yeah, I know that the chances are Disney never even considered this - but I like having a 'canon' story in my head, it makes me feel like I appreciate the universe much better.

So, any plotholes with this theory?
Mark

He Lives In You

Pride Points: 1

Postby DGFone » April 27th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Apart from the timing being way off (The ending of TLK 1 is after SP?), the theory is strong. But it is not solid, with the main reason being that it's hard to stuff an entire movie in between 15 seconds (or however long it showed the Pridelands healing in TLK 1). There is no real reason why the outsiders were banished. Then there is always the age thing: Simba and Nala would have to grow younger after SP for them to look the way they did in the end of TLK 1. It's a good theory, and it has its strong points, but it still has a few holes in it. Some of the holes are rather big, unfortunately.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Annie » April 27th, 2011, 11:06 pm

[quote="Mark"]What about the idea of Kiara being born first?

I can't see any wholes in it - the entire plot of SP slots in between the second last and last scenes of the original film. It explains why Simba is a more nervous parent with Kiara than Kopa (because she's his first cub); It explains why the issue with the oulanders is never mentioned in the Six New Adventures (because they have been resolved); It explains why Kopa is never mentioned in SP (because he wasn't actually born yet).

To me, it all makes sense - but can anyone (more eagle eyed than me) spot any problems with this theory?

The only thing I can see is this: At the end of TLK, why was the presentation of Kopa (second child) shown and not the presentation of Kiara (the ceremonies are so different that I can't accept them being the same cub)?

Actually, I found an anwser for this as well - Kopa being the first male cub, he is the future king and therefore his birth is the next significant thing in the timeline of lion kings.

Yeah, I know that the chances are Disney never even considered this - but I like having a 'canon' story in my head, it makes me feel like I appreciate the universe much better.

So, any plotholes with this theory?[/quote]

This is also my theory ^^
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Rawr

Pride Points: 29

Postby Daenerys » April 28th, 2011, 3:56 am

canon or fanon, Kopa is just a neat character
Daenerys
♛ queen ♛

nightmare dressed like a daydream

Nickname(s): rena/dashie/whatever
Pride Points: 175

Postby KopsTheTerminator » April 28th, 2011, 9:30 am

[quote="Mark"]What about the idea of Kiara being born first?

So, any plotholes with this theory?[/quote]

But where are Kovu and Kiara and why would Simba and Nala have a cub at such a late age when they're supposed to be GRANDPARENTS?
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AdAstrα » April 28th, 2011, 10:11 am

And why did they hold a presentation for him if he wasn't the first born? (I know there's been some discussion about whether or not it's just the first born cub that gets presented, but still, could be a huge flaw!)
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Jiirani » April 28th, 2011, 11:38 am

It's hardly a huge flaw as when the first movie was being created the creators had no plans whatsoever to make the cub into an actual character at all. The character, 'Fluffy' is just a hollow character created to have no purpose, and was only made to show that the circle of life was whole again. I hardly think creating something with no proper purpsoe at all is a flaw.

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby KopsTheTerminator » April 28th, 2011, 1:39 pm

Conclusion: You can't place Kopa anywhere in SP. SP and TLK6NA are completely different universes and can't become one. (HA! @ Kiara. SP and TLK6NA are not one. *Mindblow*)
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters