Okay i am finally breaking down and watching TLK3

Re: Okay i am finally breaking down and watching TLK3

Postby UnspeakableMayhem » May 28th, 2010, 10:49 pm

I am very glad you liked it, and yes, it's a very enjoyable movie. c:
UnspeakableMayhem

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): UM, Squishy, Squishyfish, Thaila, Silver, Silky
Pride Points: 0

Postby simba86 » December 10th, 2010, 12:24 am

it is not that bad but it's not as good as the other two,
the "digga tunna" song sticks in your head for days so watch out!
drawn by TheDoctor
drawn by kari
simba86

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

http://www.petitiononline.com/spirit2/petition.htm

Pride Points: 1

Postby jelle » December 17th, 2010, 9:33 pm

i thought it was pretty funny and you should watch it in my mind i was like oh that 1.5 movie is really bad but recently i watched it again and it was actually pretty good :O:
(thanks miharuka :3)

"it's not too late, it's never too late"
jelle
the unforgiven

We cannot forgive what we cannot forget

Nickname(s): POOTISMAN
Pride Points: 20

Postby FlipMode » December 18th, 2010, 10:31 am

[quote="simba007"]pretty soon I am going to watch it, I was initially disappointed by the revlews, and I was afraid of the direct-to-video release..[/quote]

TLKII was direct to video but still amazing!
Do not even get me started on reviews, I do not see how people are able to "professionally" write them. I give my opinion on a daily basis, where the heck is my pay-check?!
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby atouchofgrace » December 18th, 2010, 7:28 pm

[quote="FlipMode"][quote="simba007"]I give my opinion on a daily basis, where the heck is my pay-check?![/quote][/quote]

^^ This.
ImageImageImageImageImage
atouchofgrace

Nickname(s): Cat
Pride Points: 2

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » January 31st, 2011, 11:12 pm

[quote="Kojo"]It's not a BAD movie, I think. It's actually really funny and enjoyable. There were plenty of moments in it that made me start to laugh really hard.
The only reason people don't love it, I think, is because it's not really what most of us were looking for in a LK sequel. We wanted a new, epic storyline with lions and roaring and stuff. What we got was a Timon and Pumbaa buddy movie.
Go and watch it, but don't expect too terribly much from it. It's a fun movie. But it's more "at the shallow end of the dream pool".[/quote]
This ^^
SummerSnowLeopard

Nickname(s): Summer
Pride Points: 38

Postby Timon the great » January 19th, 2013, 8:46 am

[quote="simba007"]It took me way too long to report back.. but man was i wrong

i thought it was going to be a total letdown and that it would not even COMPARE to the original

BUT it was a good movie. funny.. and themed with humor that was occasionally mature "meerkat: it's what's for dinner". very mystery-science-theater-like throwback.

i laughed a lot and enjoyed how they spliced the timelines together.

any lion king fan should see this movie[/quote]

I'm very happy that you did Image (I really am), and I definitely agree with you that All Lion King fans should see TLK 3.

[quote]Do you believe it has as much depth as the original? just looking for what to expect honestly =\[/quote]

This movie may not have had as much depth as the original, but it was still there, and I find that the feeling of this movie connects a lot more to the original, than TLK 2 does. TLK 2, lacked a lot of that same feeling, because for one reason, it seems that its creators tried a little too hard, making it different from the original.

Another thing to look at (even with the members who said they like it and give praise to), is that this Lion King movie isn't just about laughter and jokes. Seeing this movie is my favorite of the series and have already seen at least 15 times recently, I can safely say that it Does have feeling to it, and there are things that can be taken from this movie, for life.

[quote]What's your favorite/least favorite [if applicable] thing about it?[/quote]

The dedicated Timon person I am, Timon's life in this movie definitely sticks out the most to me in this movie. This would majorly include all the scenes of him in his Meerkat Colony, and with his Mom and Uncle. So if there's anything original about this movie, it would definitely have to be this, because I firmly see that this is what brought some of that feeling from TLK 1, to 3.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby FlipMode » April 6th, 2013, 12:00 am

[quote]The dedicated Timon person I am, Timon's life in this movie definitely sticks out the most to me in this movie. This would majorly include all the scenes of him in his Meerkat Colony, and with his Mom and Uncle. So if there's anything original about this movie, it would definitely have to be this, because I firmly see that this is what brought some of that feeling from TLK 1, to 3.[/quote]

Kind of a double edged sword for me. I liked that we got to see some character backstory, it's a must have for prequels. But at the same time I would rather have seen more the backstory of Mufasa and Scar. I guess for most people it's going to boil down to how much they like or at least can tolerate of Timon and / or Pumbaa (though I do think it focused a lot more on Timon's story, I suppose that's because it wasn't really mentioned at all in the original TLK).

I like them. I mean, TLK3 is what it is, a light hearted comedic prequel and as such I think it's actually pretty good. If that was their aim then they (Disney) succeeded.
And hey, Marge Simpson is in the film!... You just can't argue with that XD
They didn't make the most interesting choices story wise with this one but they did play it safe. I mean if they did make a prequel involving Mufasa and got it wrong then it would have tainted the entire series, at least with TLK3 if people don't like it then they don't have to even include it as cannon kind of an out of sight and out of mind deal.

I say again, I did think it was a pretty good film. The weakest entry of the trilogy but still enjoyable for the most part. And toilet jokes, who doesn't love those?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Timon the great » April 13th, 2013, 3:06 am

[quote="FlipMode"]I guess for most people it's going to boil down to how much they like or at least can tolerate of Timon and / or Pumbaa (though I do think it focused a lot more on Timon's story, I suppose that's because it wasn't really mentioned at all in the original TLK).[/quote]
There is really no coincidence, on Timon being the actual and main focus of TLK 3. There are several pieces of evidence that I've already fished out on this in recent months. Heck, I probably would not even need to prove it with those web sources because of what this film's deleted scenes show, and this thread I made. I will probably still create a topic on this soon, because it is a big enough deal to basically confirm that the original direction on this film, was literally aimed at Timon. Just like TLK 1 was aimed at Simba.

Apparently, around the time the film was released, Disney itself just felt more comfortable in keeping strong with the T & P duo thing on this film's publicity, because it would make them more dollars than promoting the film being directly centered on Timon. Although it seems nowadays they are slowly moving away from the T & P duo hype, and giving them, I'd say more separate identities in the LK franchise (Timon, especially).

[quote]They didn't make the most interesting choices story wise with this one but they did play it safe. I mean if they did make a prequel involving Mufasa and got it wrong then it would have tainted the entire series, at least with TLK3 if people don't like it then they don't have to even include it as cannon kind of an out of sight and out of mind deal.[/quote]
Personally, I think that if Timon (and Pumbaa, just to a degree around this film) never existed, then we wouldn't have gotten a TLK 1.5/3.

I don't think there is any real evidence out there that would tell us that when this film was in its very very early stages, the creators actually had other TLK character focus in mind. If I'm wrong on this and there was (and a member can point it out to us), then I'm wrong.

But very honestly, after I saw TLK 2 when it came out back in '98 with my sister, I really thought that was going to be it for the movie franchise because of the very different direction that film took (compared to how TLK 1 went). I'm pretty sure some on here (especially TLK 2 fans) will disagree with me on this, but the second film just didn't bode well for a continued success of the movie franchise, alone.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby FlipMode » June 15th, 2013, 10:52 am

[quote]
I don't think there is any real evidence out there that would tell us that when this film was in its very very early stages, the creators actually had other TLK character focus in mind. If I'm wrong on this and there was (and a member can point it out to us), then I'm wrong.
[/quote]

I guess. Actually even the early announce trailer which played on a couple of Disney VHS releases (WHY DO I FEEL OLD?!) was literally Timon & Pumbaa saying "What is that music? You would think a new Lion King movie is coming out."
FlipMode

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies