Did Simba and Nala *liked* each other as cubs?

Do you think cubby Simba and Nala were in love?

I think Nala might have had a crush on Simba
20%
I think Simba might have had a crush on Nala
6%
Yes, maybe just a little...
45%
No way, they were only friends!
28%

Total votes : 64

Did Simba and Nala *liked* each other as cubs?

Postby Panda-chan » May 1st, 2010, 9:07 pm

NOOO before you ask this is not another Wereberess fail theory topic lol. It's just pure speculation.

My question is this: do you think Simba and Nala may have innocent little crushes as cubs? It was obvious cubby Kiara was being flirty with Kovu when she went "I'M Kiara," so I'm wondering if cubs Simba and Nala might have felt the same way about each other. :teehee:
I honestly am torn on this one. On one paw, something tells me Nala wasn't as grossed out by the mention of the betrothal as Simba was --> :yuck: :ew: Simba was obviously more disgusted, plus he was the one who suggested that the tradition "will be the first thing to go" whereas Nala just smiled. :smile2:
On the other, usually when someone has a crush on someone else, they act completely the opposite. They get more offended when someone brings it up and deny it more than necessary. Maybe this was so in Simba's case. ;)
On the third paw (three paws?) maybe Simba and Nala were simply friends and were genuinely grossed out by what Zazu said, with no lovey feelings whatsoever. xD

What do you think? ^^
Last edited by Panda-chan on January 19th, 2011, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Re: Did Simba and Nala *liked* each other as cubs?

Postby KovusTrueMate » May 1st, 2010, 9:17 pm

Come to think of it, it does seem like they liked each other as cubs. I'm with you on this. It definitely seems like it.

"It's the scars that make you stronger
It's the hard times that make you wise
It's the sweet things only time brings
That arrive like a blessing in disguise"
~ Bryan Adams ~

Spoiler: show
~1st Siggy by Me~
-Winner Bars by Simba-
KovusTrueMate

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"We gotta go back to the future!"

Nickname(s): KTM, Kovu, Balto, and McFly (No, really)
Pride Points: 0

Postby SilverSimba01 » May 1st, 2010, 9:18 pm

I belive that Simba and Nala they were firends when they were cubs
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby Hydro » May 1st, 2010, 9:33 pm

Hmmm, maybe just a little. They might have though about it, but then decided to ignore it and just be friends. Although I think it is still left mostly to opinions cuz I don't think this has a definite answer at the moment. XD

Three paws... XD

Hydro

Why don't you have a seat right over there?

Pride Points: 8

Postby Simbaholikov » May 1st, 2010, 9:53 pm

In my opinion, I believe they were just friends, they both seemed genuinely grossed out by what Zazu said :)
Plus, they both seemed happy when Simba said that the tradition "Will be the first thing to go" ^^
Simbaholikov

Postby KiarasMate » May 1st, 2010, 10:03 pm

I think they really did like each other as cubs, yet they just didn't know it. ^^ Simba/Nala and Kovu/Kiara as cubs are kind of two different situations. :) For Kovu and Kiara, I think it was different because they had just met, so it was more like love at first sight, or at least, for Kiara anyways. ^^ I'd probably just chalk that up to her not having any other cubs to play with (or at least, any we saw in the movie), so that's probably why she was being so flirty to Kovu. ^^

For Simba and Nala however, it's clearly defined that they are already best friends, so things tend to work differently between friendships, especially when you're young and don't really understand the concept of love itself. ^^ They show signs that they do love each other though. Simba saving Nala during the chase in The Elephant Graveyard, the way Simba tried to protect Nala from the hyenas and scaring them away with his little roar, and the way the two just interact. It just reminds me of the way two kids act when they like each other but don't want to say anything about it. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby QueenRalexia » May 1st, 2010, 11:54 pm

I agree with KM I think they were did like each other as cubs, but they didn't know it :P
Do you bury me when Im gone?
Do you teach me while Im here?
Just as soon as I belong then its time I disappear -Metallica I disappear

ImageImage
Come visit my website about Vitani http://vitanis-palace.webs.com
Stamp and Sig by me.
QueenRalexia
Forsaken Lioness

To Hell and back again.

Nickname(s): QR, Ral,Lexi
Pride Points: 3

Postby rich198 » May 2nd, 2010, 12:39 am

i think they had a lil crush on each other
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image

Thanks go to Natiliethelionqueen for the siggy
rich198

thanks go to SC for the avvie

Nickname(s): forest, allen, the one-eyebrowed lion
Pride Points: 3

Postby RayCat » May 2nd, 2010, 1:45 am

Well, I'd say that they thought about it not long before Zazu's little "announcement", and then they thought "Nah, nothing but good old friends really"... but maybe they were just kidding themselves? And afterwards they panicked and overreacted with the whole "Ewww, That'd be so weird" thing. So yeah, that's my theory :P
My graphics thread
And where the journey may lead you
Let this prayer be your guide
Though it may take you so far away
Always remember your pride
RayCat

The lion sleeps no more

Pride Points: 55

Postby YFWE » May 2nd, 2010, 6:56 am

Sure, why not? It certainly hadn't blossomed into love yet, per se, but I think there was certainly more to it than just a normal friendship. There could be a little bias thrown in there because we know that they ended up together in the end anyway, but I think that there was something there when they were young. I think it would have been a bit more obvious had their childhood friendship not been cut a bit short.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Next

Return to The Movies