Weeks
3%
Hours
1%
Minutes
10%
Seconds
3%
They were born in the same litter, Mufasa as the firstborn.
54%

Total votes : 78

Re: How much older was Mufasa than Scar?

Postby TheLionPrince » September 24th, 2011, 12:49 am

I originally thought Mufasa was at least a year older than Scar until I read this:

[quote="YFWE"]I don't think there's, say, a years-apart difference between the two. In my opinion, their parents would've just stopped at one litter, especially if they already saw they had a son. There wouldn't really be a huge necessity to keep going, so to speak.[/quote]

I agree with YFWE. It wouldn't make sense for Mufasa and Scar's parents to mate again about a year later if they already have a son to be crowned king one day. Also, the fact is that lions usually mate, and produce a litter (up to 6, I believe) at the same time. Since I ruled out the year age difference, it's safe to rule out a month age difference knowing the parents already have a heir to the throne so there's no need to mate again months later. Finally, I feel it is illogical for their parents to give birth to another cub only weeks or a few days after giving birth to their firstborn, knowing still, lions usually give birth to a litter at the same time, and lionesses are usually pregnant for a few months.

So, the matter of time ranging in the age differences has to range from seconds to minutes, but there's very little in the movies (that I can recall) that could indicate Mufasa is older than Scar by mere minutes or seconds, although you guys have dicussed Scar's jealously for Mufasa for being minutes or seconds older than him, which is interesting.

So, I believe without a doubt, that Mufasa and Scar were born in the same litter, but Mufasa was born first. Whether seconds or minutes older is unknown.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Deagonx » October 26th, 2011, 10:57 pm

I dont know much about Lion litters, but when my dog was pregnant she had each of her 24 puppies (3 liters) days apart. So I'm not sure lions have them all at the same time either.
Deagonx

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Question » November 9th, 2011, 1:52 am

I'd say a year, maybe two at the most.
*I'm looking to RP :
*Young Justice
*Dinosaurs
*Nightmare before Christmas
*Yu-Gi-Oh!
Copy/paste this if you're proud to be an atheist too!
Love you emily123!
Question
Red Tornado

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Quezzy, Virus, AWESOMEMOFO, Sab

Postby WindAnnWise » December 9th, 2011, 3:45 pm

I think they were from the same litter, Mufasa was just born first, so he was naturally picked as the next king.
I am also a big fan of: Phantom of the Opera, High School Musical, Harry Potter, Disney in general, Days of Our Lives, musicals in general, Dr. Seuss in general and the Grinch.

"Sometimes, it's better not to say anything."- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
WindAnnWise
The Quiet One

Is anybody out there?

Nickname(s): Windy, Wind Ann
Pride Points: 5

Postby crystally » January 25th, 2012, 1:04 pm

So, coloring means lighter color and gradient means darker color? Is that a lion-specific term? Because on both cases it is a gradient. Light gradient and dark gradient.
crystally

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby LionsAreKings » January 25th, 2012, 1:23 pm

Out of all honesty I believe that they were born of the same litter, but Mufasa was first born. It just makes more sense than years apart.
Try listening to their music and getting rid of your "filters"
LionsAreKings
The Irregular

Nickname(s): Josh, LAK, LRK
Pride Points: 33

Postby Immortal Lioness » September 26th, 2012, 9:24 pm

The books are unofficial. I do believe that Mufasa and Scar are twins though, they could be born minutes or an hour apart I think. As for them not looking a like, Disney wanted to Make Scar have major differences from Mufasa. Giving Scar evil features like a black mane creating him to be weaker in physicality to Mufasa. Mufasa was made to look like a strong king, fraternal twins could be also another possibility. I do like to think of Mufasa and Scar's parents being Ahadi and Uru. But you can't really be reliable on the books much, as they're made by different authors. Yeah, Scar cleary states he's the younger brother of Muafsa. I mean it would make more sense if they were twins. That way Scar would grow up in the shadow of his brother the future king. Disney thought the plot would be more of a hit if the bad guy was a close family member. So at the start of the production Scar was mean't to be a unrelated lion to Mufasa. So they just made Scar the brother, but kept the previous design.
Immortal Lioness

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Anyahs » September 28th, 2012, 11:17 pm

I always felt like Scar was younger. Even though it would make more sense that they would be close in age, having Scar be a year or two younger, it might make him jealous that only the first born would take the throne instead of giving all the children the chance. That jealousy would later turn to greed and even hate for his brother, loathing that he wasn’t born first. It would make a more interesting story if the two weren’t from the same litter.

Of course, for those who count the comics as cannon (I personally count them as semi-cannon to expand theories) it’s clear that they are the same age.

But I vote for about a year or two difference. We’re not looking at actual lions, we’re looking at lions who have many human traits. If we were to ask the creators, chances are we’d get some sloppy answer like we did with Nala’s father. They probably never thought about it because it was irrelevant to the actual story.
Anyahs

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Meskhenet » September 29th, 2012, 10:05 pm

I think Mufasa is a few months older than Scar. First, Mufasa is bigger, stronger, better built and his voice is deeper. Nobody is really sure the time difference between the two brothers are. In fanfictions that I have read in the past many of the fans commonly say that the Mufasa and Scar are either, months or minutes apart. But the true age difference has never been determined.
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby Lauren » November 4th, 2012, 7:38 am

I would have to say that Mufasa and Scar were born in the same litter, as Mufasa being the firstborn. :)
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies