Bath time scene music

Bath time scene music

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » February 10th, 2013, 1:25 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZIelH9-s4k

This scene was always one of my favorites. Not only do we get to meet Nala for the first time but this is an extra scene with Sarabi and we meet Sarafina. Another reason why I like this scene is because of the music. It is so infectious and enthusiastic. Shame that it did not make to any soundtrack. It's only fifty two seconds, but still a very memorable fifty two seconds.

Thoughts.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Re: Bath time scene music

Postby AdAstrα » February 10th, 2013, 1:38 am

I completely agree. I especially love the "Busa" theme in the beginning. This scene has always been one of my favourites, and watching it now made me all nostalgic.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Regulus » February 10th, 2013, 2:18 am

I would say that it is my favorite scene, but I just remembered that I've said that about every scene.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby DGFone » February 10th, 2013, 4:33 am

Another scene where the complete score comes to the rescue! :D

It is very true that the flute piece, clearly another "Busa" derivative, is an excellent addition. But here i what I really like about it: For those of you who remember this topic, I had the good fortune to accidently find out that both the flute CYFTLT, and for this topic, flute Busa were both "released" if you can call it, in The Lion King Complete Score. Both of these short pieces can be in fact found on the same song - "Plotting".

The first half of "Plotting" was cut in the actual movie, and I strongly suspect that it was meant to be originally played when Scar informs Simba about the elephant graveyard. But the second half is in the movie - and is started off by Flute Busa.

[quote="TheBlackCatCrossing"]Shame that it did not make to any soundtrack. It's only fifty two seconds, but still a very memorable fifty two seconds.[/quote]

2:08. Ka-pow! 8-)

Although I do agree with you. The Complete Score was never officially released, so it beats me where these guys got these songs from. But if the score were to ever be released, I'll be first in line, and will fight off little hairballs to get there as well!

You hear that, Disney? I just told you how to get my money. :evil:
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » February 10th, 2013, 5:02 am

Thanks for pointing that out, DGFone. I listened to that three times! :p
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby DGFone » February 10th, 2013, 9:35 am

On a very related note, I just found this today on the Lion King (.org) Fan Art Archive:
http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Hobb ... ionRun.swf

The music is very, very, similar, and yet different than what I had just linked above with the Complete Score. I have no idea why, but I can't recall where I heard this specific version before. Now that I think about it, I don't think this one actually played in the movie itself (because the version in the movie was the one in the complete score), but I still can't think of where it came from.

And even though it's a flash file, the audio quality is good enough that I can tell that this isn't the same thing with audio corruption, but a different piece entirely. So if it was or wasn't in the movie... any of you guys know where I can find this specific version? :innocent:
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby OuRaion » February 10th, 2013, 9:48 am

Similar? I think not.
That one you just posted is similar to the music playing when Simba ran through the desert, I am hearing no similarity to the bath time music, unless the fact that the main instrument in both pieces is a flute.

The version you posted wasn't in the movie, I hadn't heard of it until you posted it just now.
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby DGFone » February 10th, 2013, 9:53 am

[quote="OuRaion"]Similar? I think not.
That one you just posted is similar to the music playing when Simba ran through the desert, I am hearing no similarity to the bath time music, unless the fact that the main instrument in both pieces is a flute.[/quote]

I dunno. Both are variations of the "Busa" theme - which is also what plays when Simba runs through the desert. When I hear the clip in the flash vid, I imagine it's where Simba and Nala are jumping with joy at being able to go to the "water hole". But I know for a fact that it's not what plays then.

And I've looked over the rest of the complete score. Not there either. :oops:
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby OuRaion » February 10th, 2013, 9:55 am

A song that was not in the film, but in one of the albums perhaps?
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby PrincessKiara » February 10th, 2013, 8:32 pm

I love that scene and that piece of music.
Thanks for posting the complete piece, DGFone, I have never heard that before! I love how pieces of several others songs get mixed in. :D
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Next

Return to The Movies