Hypothetical reason for Simba's grouchiness.

Re: Hypothetical reason for Simba's grouchiness.

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » April 27th, 2013, 8:25 pm

[quote="Regulus"]5. He's going through a mid-life crisis.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mid-life crisis! LOL!! He wasn't THAT old.

That one actually seems more plausible than my PTSD hypothesis. ;)
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Regulus » April 27th, 2013, 8:28 pm

Yes, he was that old. You can see the weathering around his nose and muzzle. That sort of erosion takes years to form.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » April 27th, 2013, 8:35 pm

Not to mention that paunch. Something he didn't have when he was a bachelor. ;) LOL!
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Chizuna » June 12th, 2013, 12:12 am

I never thought Simba's overprotectiveness had been a problem, except for Kiara's hunt lol. I think that Simba had a reason to be paranoid, there's a whole pride out for his blood and that could put anyone on edge, King or not. I mean, Zira's crazy schizoid self was very vocal about wanting revenge.
Life is a series of interruptions interrupted by interruptions and I am the best kind of interruption.
Chizuna
I CAN'T HEAR ANY FISH!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It derscuffles me...

Nickname(s): Chizy
Pride Points: 6

Postby DGFone » June 12th, 2013, 12:55 am

But at the same time, you have to ask why, if Zira was so determined to kill him and he knew it, that he didn't finish her off the moment she set paw into the Pride Lands?

It could be that Simba's over-protectiveness is a matter of him not knowing what to do in relations of Zira. Mufasa's teachings tell him not to kill her, but at the same time, keeping her alive is a huge risk that is a gamble with other's lives - specifically Kiara.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Chizuna » June 12th, 2013, 1:26 am

I agree, it's kind of stupid for Simba to have her still around instead of ending her when he had the chance. I think it's actually consistent with his character, he didn't kill Scar and gave him a chance to run away during their battle. I'm wouldn't be too surprised if he did the same thing with Zira.
Life is a series of interruptions interrupted by interruptions and I am the best kind of interruption.
Chizuna
I CAN'T HEAR ANY FISH!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It derscuffles me...

Nickname(s): Chizy
Pride Points: 6

Previous

Return to The Movies