Why do you love The Lion King?

Re: Why do you love The Lion King?

Postby FloraTheDarkFaerie » June 6th, 2012, 10:26 pm

I've loved TLK since I was a cubby, I mean it was literally released the year after I was born. I like the original because its such an emotional story, but one that can link to many real life historical events. In the royal bloodline, people would often kill their siblings in order to gain the throne. A sad fact of our heritage. The Lion King presents that in a way that is both moving, and entertaining for kids.
[b]“I know what it's like to be cast out, to not be believed in. To long for a family.
All those years in the shadows I thought, no one knows what this feels like!
But now I see I was wrong. You don’t have to be alone Jack, I believe in you.”
-
FloraTheDarkFaerie
Not online much anymore.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

life drama and generally being busy.

Nickname(s): FDF, FloraLioness, KiaraKovu (K&K, Flora, Fae)
Pride Points: 33

Postby Biomac » June 7th, 2012, 2:27 am

Because :nehneh: . Come on guys, there's no question here, TLK Trilogy are simply the best movie ever because of everything about them. Their themes, characters, musics, moods,… Everything 8-)

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » June 7th, 2012, 10:24 am

I was born after TLK 2, a year after...
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby NalaKiaraTani » June 7th, 2012, 4:59 pm

simply because at first I was never allowed to.
Feed a monster- STOP ABORTION!
NalaKiaraTani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Care Bear or Squeak
Pride Points: 6

Postby Regulus » June 8th, 2012, 2:34 am

That's strange. I thought I posted here before. :nukawut:

[quote="Tora"]I love this movie, because it teaches us that there will always be hope. You cannot lose hope; you might lose sight of it, but just remember that it is always there. It teaches us that life will be hard; that it will not always be easy.[/quote]

I never actually think that after watching it, it's really more of a feeling, or a gut instinct that I get afterwards. It's impossible to feel hopeless after watching Simba ascend pride rock. Even after seeing it who knows how many times, the entire last 30 minutes are still really inspiring. Which is one of many reasons why...

[quote="DGFone"]watching The Lion King, and anything related, brings a big smile to my face, no matter how badly I feel.[/quote]

The other reason being this:

[quote="Tora"]Just remember when you watch it you will always think of your childhood. ;)[/quote]

Yes, indeed it does. Although it is rather strange, because I can only vaguely remember watching it as a child. :P

[quote="mamaprince"]the lion king is what inspired me to draw.[/quote]

Can't forget that. I used to draw all the time; but TLK is what brought me back from my 6 year hiatus.

[quote="AdAstra"]Because it's an amazing movie that appeals to people of all ages (and thus, in contrast to popular belief among idiots around the world, is not for children only). I've re-watched so many movies I used to love as a kid and while that is always entertaining to some extent, most of them I've found to be childish, because believe it or not, I have matured a bit over the last 15 years lol. But TLK isn't like that. Far from it, in fact. It's the kind of movie you can watch at any age and still enjoy, because it has something for everyone. I think I might even enjoy it more now that I'm older and fully understand the adult aspects of it. For example, I don't recall ever crying over Mufasa when watching it as a kid, not because I was a coldhearted brat lol, I just couldn't relate to that part as much, and didn't have the same ability to feel empathy towards someone else as I do now. That's something I've developed as I've grown older :3[/quote]

Very true. It's one of those movies that really is worth watching again, years later. Even when I was 10 years old, I wasn't able to comprehend anything more complex than Pumbaa's fart jokes.

[quote="DGFone"]The music. This is what has kept me liking the Lion King even when I wasn't very into it. I remember nearly crying after listening to CYFTLT after not hearing it for years.[/quote]

Oh, yes! As a whole, my interest in TLK has fluctuated over the months, but I will never be able to stop listening to the soundtrack. It is flawless. :dreamy:

[quote="DGFone"]The scale. Despite its short 90 minute length, TLK feels huge. Take the beginning: we have a cub who wants to be king. Many movies will have that be the movie and that's it. The second half: A broken young adult trying to find his place in life. Again, many movies will concentrate on just this, but The Lion King managed to include these two stories into one package, creating a very big movie.[/quote]

And that's really what makes it so powerful, other than the music. It really is the circle of life.

[quote="Arani"]And I love how they make it really in depth and it makes you really feel for the characters and pray for their well-being. ^^[/quote]

Can't forget about that.

[quote="SweetNala"]The gorgeous, almost flawless art, the well developed characters (in the first movie, the characters were bad in SP), the music, the voice actors, the storyline, the life lesson, and Nala.
TLK is impossible not to like[/quote]

Yes, yes, yes! :)

[quote="SweetNala"]and Nala[/quote]

'nuff said. :mhm:
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby MrTitans » June 8th, 2012, 3:00 am

[quote="Tora"]I love this movie, because it teaches us that there will always be hope. You cannot lose hope; you might lose sight of it, but just remember that it is always there. It teaches us that life will be hard; that it will not always be easy. The movie explains how the best way to forgive others is to forgive yourself. It also hits so many problems in love that happen everyday. For example Pumba says "He can't express his feelings, and she has commitment problems." There are many things in this movie that they touch; you just have to have an open eye for it. This movie is meant to appeal to all ages; although it is commonly conceived that it is just for children. Just remember when you watch it you will always think of your childhood. ;)[/quote]
So true plus i am going to quote other people that hits it spot on

Avatar: made by Shadow my mother<3 Siggy by Regulus, Jirani, Shadowfax, KristinaKiara and DatLioness.
MrTitans
Nalas true mate

I still Want Nala

Nickname(s): GearsofWar, Gears, Mio
Pride Points: 19

Postby MrTitans » June 8th, 2012, 3:01 am

[quote="Mike"]So many things that come together to make a brilliant and memorable film :)

The storyline itself is very dramatic and appealing

The characters are just brilliantly done, in their art, but especially their voices. (JEJ and Jeremy Irons especially <3)

The comedy is amazing for a disney film! It's not just captain hook getting chased by an alligator, or a pointless fall where dishes and stuff come crashing down, it's actual jokes with adult layers to them. =)

The animation is very impressive, and beautiful

Bu the lasting impression for me comes from the music :) There are <very> few disney songs with the same power and energy as any song in TLK, and TLK has a stunning five plus instrumental music. That's definitely what sets it apart from all other movies in my opinion <3[/quote]

To bad I joined late but this is also a great point to bring up

Avatar: made by Shadow my mother<3 Siggy by Regulus, Jirani, Shadowfax, KristinaKiara and DatLioness.
MrTitans
Nalas true mate

I still Want Nala

Postby MrTitans » June 8th, 2012, 3:05 am

[quote="SimbasMate"]I really love The Lion King because it relates to my life a lot, for personal reasons. But when I first saw this magnicifent movie, I was a little cubby about five or three years old I think. I instantly fell in love with Simba! All the characters have great personalities, and they have some things in common, but they're all very diffrent. When ever I felt sad, I'd just go cry and turn on The Lion King, which was the only thing that made me feel better. The comedy was really funny, and unuiqe. I also liked all the details they used in the scenery. The character design was very cool too.

I absolutely LOVE everyting about The Lion King! :)[/quote]

I do to. I loved it when I was having a bad day I would do the same

MrTitans
Nalas true mate

I still Want Nala

Postby Kitty » July 29th, 2012, 10:43 pm

Oh, I can think of many reasons why I love TLK so much ^-^

It has the Best. Story. Ever. The entire thing is just so dramatic and epic, it's almost too good. Namely Mufasa's death. Yes it's had a massive impact on many, including I (I have still not gotten over his death >.>), however you've gotta admit, it's what made the movie so awesome ! Without this scenario, I reckon TLK wouldn't have the emotion and depth it's so known for. Oh and the end fight- most epic thing I've ever seen in an animated movie! The whole movie has so many mixed emotions, you have the good times, and the bad times.. I love this because it very much relates to my life, whenever I watch TLK I can very much relate to it, and, I like that.

The characters. They are all so likeable, not to mention the voice acting is spot on.

The songs. Need I say more. They're catchy, memorable, and even after watching the film like 1,000 times will still have you singing along every time. Best by far in any Disney movie.

The animation is absolutely gorgeous *.* I'm one of these people who is a sucker for cute, brightly coloured animation with talking animals, so TLK ticks all these boxes for me.

I could go on, but I will leave it here ^^

Banner by SophieCub :3
Kitty

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 4

Postby Meskhenet » August 4th, 2012, 3:33 am

I love The Lion King because it has a life changing idea that a lion cub goes through a dramatic, and traumatizing ordeal, and he has to find his place in the great Circle of Life. :D
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies