Best musical part of TLK

Re: Best musical part of TLK

Postby Regulus » March 13th, 2013, 5:03 am

[quote="Arbystrider"]And there's also the part where Rafiki rubs the fruit juice on Simba's head (during Circle of Life). That music just made me think; '...And this is where it all began... The circle of life'.[/quote]

In the TLKoB version of CYFTLT, that part is actually in there somewhere, like halfway through. The two leitmotifs are combined, and it's amazing. :happythoughts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYGFqF80gCE
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Arbystrider » March 13th, 2013, 5:14 am

[quote="Regulus"][quote="Arbystrider"]And there's also the part where Rafiki rubs the fruit juice on Simba's head (during Circle of Life). That music just made me think; '...And this is where it all began... The circle of life'.[/quote]

In the TLKoB version of CYFTLT, that part is actually in there somewhere, like halfway through. The two leitmotifs are combined, and it's amazing. :happythoughts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYGFqF80gCE[/quote]

I've always found that Timon and Pumbaa singing at the end of the on-screen version of CYFTLT kind of killed the romantic mood but the TLKoB version solves problem that very well, with Nala and Simba singing:

And if he falls in love tonight,
in the way I do,
It's enough for this restless wanderer
Just to be with you.

More reasons to love the TLKoB version.
ImageImageImage
Arbystrider
A semi-Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The peace the evening brings.

Nickname(s): Arby
Pride Points: 15

Postby DGFone » March 14th, 2013, 9:17 pm

Apart from the simple fact that the reason why The Lion King is my favorite movie is because just about everything in it is musically unmatched, there are still parts that I like above others.

My favorite scene, if I had to pick one, will most likely by where Rafiki takes Simba to the magical pool. I absolutely love the music that plays during that scene - a slight modification of the same tune that played when Simba finds Mufasa's body in the gorge. Not only does it fit very well with the "he lives in you" theme of the scene, but it also works brilliantly with the fact that it's the music that played during the last time Simba saw Mufasa - right before he is about to see him once more.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Tekir » March 15th, 2013, 5:11 am

I'll admit, there are plenty of choices withing TLK's soundtrack. Choosing a single musical piece as my favorite among all of those composing the whole movie's great soundtrack is impossible for me. There's simply too much greatness to only choose a single part! That's one of the reason I love TLK, there's so much to love in it!

Anyway, in no particular order, here are some of the musical moments I prefer:

This land (Ghost scene part)
Under the stars (The water pool part)
King of Pride rock (Ascending Pride rock part)

Those are just highlight of moments I like. I still think the whole soundtrack is beautiful. :lol:
^Amazing sig by SCHD or La'Vie. Thanks a lot! =D
Ask me stuff! | Fanart | OT art
Tekir
That guy with a hat

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

You're despicable

Nickname(s): Tek, Tigerhat
Pride Points: 27

Previous

Return to The Movies