[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Early Version of "The Lion King II" — My Lion King Forum

Early Version of "The Lion King II"

Early Version of "The Lion King II"

Postby TheLionPrince » July 29th, 2011, 5:25 am

TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Re: Early Version of "The Lion King II"

Postby SimbaSam » July 29th, 2011, 7:18 am

Hmmm, im surprised I haven't seen this, very interesting. ^^
Simba's Brother Image
Signature and avatar by TheLionQueen, They're awesome!
SimbaSam

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SB
Pride Points: 7

Postby WhiteFang » July 29th, 2011, 1:58 pm

Yeah, I've seen this before. I don't have much to say, but...

I can't imagine Jennifer Aniston voicing Kiara. I love her as an actor, but her voice just isn't Kiara. It's too "grown-up" or something. Not that Neve Campbell (whom I also love as an actor) sounds childlike, no, but she's just more...girly, yes I think that's the word I was looking for. Kiara is total girly-girl and Aniston's voice just isn't enough so. As for Parker, I can't recall her voice now and I'm too lazy to check. ^^

Amd I think it's entirely possible that Zira was originally intented to be Scar's mate, but just not the queen. I'd guess usually the two should be the same thing but I wouldn't be surprised if Scar didn't respect this. He did say "I'm the king, I can do whatever I want." So Zira as Scar's mate wouldn't have even contradicted the canon film really.

But I too think that the mate-ness was thrown away at the same time when Kovu was no longer Scar's son. Because even though at that point too they did have Zira say that she'd be Scar's queen if Scar was still the king, it could be just her wishful thinking and personal belief simply for Scar chose her cub as his heir. I'm convined it's just that and nothing more because the script has Rafiki say "But that is where Simba banished Scar's followers including the most loyal...Zira". I think if Zira was still supposed to have been Scar's mate, that line would've said so, instead of refering to her simply as "the most loyal follower".
A discussion forum for those who like to seperate the movie universe from the books:
THE LION KING ORIGIN FORUMS
"Questions of science, science and progress,
don't speak as loud as my heart.
Tell me you love me, come back and haunt me."
WhiteFang

Pride Points: 3

Postby SimbasGuard » July 30th, 2011, 7:25 am

Yeah I don't think, Andy Dick's voice would have been right for Kovu at all. and I agree with White Fang that Jenifer Aniston's voice would not have suited Kiara at all (for the reasons stated by White Fang). For reasons I don't know how to explain I'm just glad Sarah Jessica Parker was not cast as Kiara, Nev Cambell was able to give the at times bubbly performance that Kiara needed to work as a character.

I have always felt that Zira was Scars mate, but it makes sense to me that the movie would just not mention this to avoid having to explain how Scar's mate would have a cub that Scar was not the father of, thus necessitating a much more in depth explanation about Kovu that would more than likely require a movie of it's own to explain. So it's better to not mention that Zira was Scar's mate and let the viewers assume Zira is Kovu's biological mother.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on September 19th, 2011, 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby WhiteFang » July 30th, 2011, 11:22 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]I have always felt that Zira was Scars mate, but it make sense to me that the movie would just not mention this to avoid having to explain how Scar's mate would have a cub that Scar was not the father of, thus necessitating a much more in depth explanation about Kovu that would more than likely require a movie of it's own to explain. So it's better to not mention that Zira was Scar's mate at let the viewers assume Zira is Kovu's biological mother.[/quote]

I guess...But...Then it makes me wonder why would they mean it that complicated if it couldn't make its way into the story? As in I think the situation makes keeping it that way completely pointless as no one would ever know.
A discussion forum for those who like to seperate the movie universe from the books:
THE LION KING ORIGIN FORUMS
"Questions of science, science and progress,
don't speak as loud as my heart.
Tell me you love me, come back and haunt me."
WhiteFang

Pride Points: 3

Postby SimbasGuard » July 31st, 2011, 3:22 am

[quote="WhiteFang"]I guess...But...Then it makes me wonder why would they mean it that complicated if it couldn't make its way into the story? As in I think the situation makes keeping it that way completely pointless as no one would ever know.[/quote]

You're right my theory is way over thought and most likely incorrect. I did not mean to pass my theory off as Disney's line of thinking.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Movies