What Do You Think Really Killed Mufasa?

What do you think really killed Mufasa?

The Fall
47%
The Stampede (being trampled by wildebeast)
53%

Total votes : 72

Re: What Do You Think Really Killed Mufasa?

Postby TheLionPrince » August 2nd, 2011, 2:17 pm

Can somebody fill me in about what is "the fall"? I'm still having a little trouble comprehending this. :?

As far as what killed Mufasa, the fall would have at least broken Mufasa's backbone had the wildebeest stampede not been there, and by my estimates, he would have survived, but been paralyzed or something like that. It was the wildebeest stampede that killed him which finished the job.

Also, how come Scar isn't an option? I thought he killed Mufasa.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Maleficent » August 2nd, 2011, 3:32 pm

I think that it was the stampede that killed Mufasa. After all, I think that there is a good chance that he would've been hurt but still would've survived if he had just fallen. The stampede probably crushed him.
C'est le sentiment solitaire dans le monde - de vous trouver debout quand tout le monde est assis.
Pour avoir tout le monde vous regarde et dire «ce qui est de la question avec elle?" Je sais ce qu'on ressent.
Marcher dans une rue vide, écoutant le bruit de vos propres pas. Volets fermés, rideaux tirés, portes verrouillées contre vous.
Et vous ne savez pas si vous êtes à marcher vers quelque chose, ou si vous êtes juste de s'éloigner.

Spoiler: show
Maleficent
خودکشی یک راه حل دائمی است

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ఒంటరిగా శాశ్వతంగా

Nickname(s): Mal, Jen, Enna
Pride Points: 77

Postby imvula » August 25th, 2011, 11:29 pm

I don't think the fall killed him, it didn't look that high anyway. And don't cats flip themselves the right way up when falling?
Off topic there, but in my honest opinion, I think the fall just knocked him unconscious and it was the hooves of the wildebeest that killed him by crushing him to death. That was a large herd, so hundreds of wildebeest running over a lion would be disastrous.
imvula

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Konga » August 25th, 2011, 11:34 pm

I was always angered by the fact that just about RIGHT after Mufasa fell off the cliff, the wildebeest stampede ended instantly. Like..really? How convenient is that? :/
Mai siggy has invisible powerzz!
Konga
The question is..who are you?

~Everything's Magic~

Nickname(s): Jen, Konga
Pride Points: 6

Postby pounce » August 26th, 2011, 12:11 am

^ Wow, that's so true! I've never actually thought about it, even though I recalled. Very inconvenient indeed. :unsatisfied:
Life of Pi is an awesome movie!
pounce

Nickname(s): pouncedashfly
Pride Points: 5

Postby DGFone » August 26th, 2011, 12:14 am

^Keep in mind that while Mufasa was rescuing Simba, the stampede was in full swing. It took a while for Simba to get back down to reach Mufasa, and in that time, the stampede had plenty of time to end. Hers are many thousands of animals large, and the movie showed it, but at their density, I would expect the length of the stampede to be only a few minutes or so.

So yes, it's convenient for the plot, but it also makes sense logically.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Konga » August 26th, 2011, 12:30 am

Oh! I guess I hadn't realized that. Great observation there. :) :happy3:
Mai siggy has invisible powerzz!
Konga
The question is..who are you?

~Everything's Magic~

Nickname(s): Jen, Konga
Pride Points: 6

Postby pounce » August 26th, 2011, 1:01 am

>DGFone - Ha, your right. Simba climbed to the top of the cliff, which he had to climb all the way down to reach his father. The transition in the movie happened so quickly that I thought the stampede immediately ended. :macho2: Like what Konga said, great observation! :)
pounce

Postby SarabisMate » August 26th, 2011, 1:12 am

Oh easy...Stampede. lol :)
ImageShika
Spoiler: show
All siggies made by me
and Amanda
SarabisMate

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

^ Made By KiarasMate ^

Pride Points: 3

Postby pounce » August 26th, 2011, 2:06 am

lol, I just realized that I didn't give my input on Mufasa's death. :supergrin: I think what finished him was getting crushed by many, heavy hooves from the stampede. Also, you would think Mufasa, being a cat, would fall on his feet, but judging by the dramtic fall, ehhh... That may have contributed to his death as well: hitting the ground on the back. Ouch! :doh: Bad for the spine. So, to add it all up, what really killed Mufasa was... Scar! :macho: :P lol, jk. This is really debatable, and now, as I'm writing this, I have my doubts about the stampede being the killer. The reason is because, didn't Mufasa survive getting stuck under the stampede the first time after he rescued Simba and placed him on the rock? I bet if he didn't fall before his death he could have survived it again, since he's so buff. This means that it was the dramatic fall that was actually the real killer. Anyone agree? This is kind of confusing.
pounce

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies