14%
I don't have an opinion on the matter, I am here because FlipMode is the OP
No votes
Fishsticks, obviously
No votes

Total votes : 7

Homeward Bound Reference.

Postby FlipMode » April 8th, 2012, 11:04 pm

Hi. So I was just finishing up watching Homeward Bound because I saw it on Netflix and my childhood came rushing back to me and I watched it and now I literally need a bucket for my creys and other such internet things like Bawwwww.
What was I going to talk about again?

OH! Yeah that is it I remembered it, either that or pretended to forget it and in fact knew it all along and added this for comedic effect, you may never know! That and it is a very simple OP and I am trying to flesh it out a bit so bear with me, I like typing ok.

SO in the film Homeward Bound there was a line where the cat narrowly misses being ran over by a train (which is a preferable thing, and now that I think about it, it might have been a bit more sensible to just wait for the train to pass... Hmmmm dramatic effects in movies.) And then the line was "Are you okay Sassy?" "Who me? I laugh at danger!" she replied. Of course the resemblance is to the line in TLK "I laugh in the face of danger!" TLK for the record, came out one year after Homeward Bound...

So above this overly long OP you will find a poll, where you can vote on whether you think it is a reference, or rather just coincidence in the script.
Also, after you vote, post your opinion below why don't you? Peace out, homies! <3
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Homeward Bound Reference.

Postby Regulus » April 9th, 2012, 12:07 am

Also:

Now where have I seen this before? Oh, yes, I remember.

Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby FlipMode » April 9th, 2012, 12:14 am

Isn't that the DVD version though? If that was a reference, it was not part of the original film / design.
At least, I am 88% sure the DVD was released some years after the original VHS release....
Although I Googled the VHS cover and even that looks quite a bit like it... This is the original design as far as I know, or at least its the UK design, IDK if maybe the USA one is different? o.o
WHAT IS THIS DARK SORCERY?!

FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby cleargreenwater » April 9th, 2012, 12:26 am

My reality is crumbling in the face of this evidence.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Farren » April 9th, 2012, 2:27 am

Oh, wow...I never noticed that...I think it's more likely a coincidence but who knows... :think: At any rate, Homeward Bound is one of my favorite movies...ever. Right up there with TLK if I'm being perfectly honest. It makes me sob every time I watch it...especially when Peter and Shadow are reunited...oh, man... :shattered: <- that's totally my face when that scene comes on.
Farren

Nickname(s): Socks
Pride Points: 6

Postby TheLionPrince » April 9th, 2012, 5:11 am

Neat find. I believe it is just a coincidence. However, it is interesting that two of the screenwriters for Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey wrote the screenplay for The Lion King. Their names are Linda Woolverton and Jonathan Roberts. So, maybe, it's not a coincidence.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Return to The Movies