is this part of the canon storyline?

Re: is this part of the canon storyline?

Postby Pixie » August 8th, 2010, 8:14 am

[quote="Akril"](the jungle being right next door to the Pride Lands, the "I Just Can't Wait to be King" sequence happening the day after Simba's presentation, etc.).[/quote]

I feel the same! I felt like the people who wrote and made TLK 1.5 had only seen the original film once, and didn't understand the continuity involved, or the importance of it. It's like how they saw Simba run off after the fight with Nala and then seconds later Mufasa's cloud forms! CONTINUITY PEOPLE!
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

Postby iluvnala » January 21st, 2011, 10:33 am

i agree with you PK
iluvnala

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): nalagirl
Pride Points: 0

Postby SuperBabySimba » January 21st, 2011, 1:30 pm

Officially it' s obviously not canon as that film was not made by those who made TLK.
And no, I personally don't consider anything else but Timon's life at his original home and how he met Pumbaa, as canon. Because Timon and Pumbaa could not possibly be parents to Simba, it's not in their nature plus it would've completely contradicted their motto. And Simba could not possibly call anyone his pops/dad/daddy after Mufasa.

The jungle period was clearly a joke. A stupid joke among many others.

It's obviously meant as a parody anyway. Even the DVD front cover screams it. I consider the only serious part the past of Timon with the meerkats and how he met Pumbaa. But all the rest (including that Rafiki told about hakuna matata) I consider just part of the parody. (Because there is no way Timon wouldn't have regognized Rafiki in TLK if he had met him before).
Image Image
Signature pictures © SuperBabySimba
"Never trust the future... Never miss the past.
If you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last."

~*~*~THE LION KING AU ROLEPLAY GAME~*~*~
SuperBabySimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Pride Points: 0

Postby SilverSimba01 » January 22nd, 2011, 4:00 am

[quote="SuperBabySimba"]Officially it' s obviously not canon as that film was not made by those who made TLK.
And no, I personally don't consider anything else but Timon's life at his original home and how he met Pumbaa, as canon. Because Timon and Pumbaa could not possibly be parents to Simba, it's not in their nature plus it would've completely contradicted their motto. And Simba could not possibly call anyone his pops/dad/daddy after Mufasa.

It's obviously meant as a parody anyway. Even the DVD front cover screams it. I consider the only serious part the past of Timon with the meerkats and how he met Pumbaa. But all the rest (including that Rafiki told about hakuna matata) I consider just part of the parody. (Because there is no way Timon wouldn't have regognized Rafiki in TLK if he had met him before).[/quote]
That explains everything, what can I see
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby PridelandsPhantom » January 22nd, 2011, 4:37 am

The only thing I really liked about the LK1/2 was that I got to see Simba as a teen lion! I thought that was cool. It wasn't bad, but like others have said not that great. If they wanted to do a sort of prequel do some backstory on Mufasa and Scar! Who's Nala's father or Kovu's father? I have so many questions...
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby Wrightfan » January 22nd, 2011, 3:17 pm

It was pretty much based on this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosencrant ... n_Are_Dead

I wouldn't consider it canon, more like a "re-telling" (like "The True story of the Three Little Pigs" which is told from the wolf's perspective.)
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Nickname(s): Andrew
Pride Points: 9

Postby atouchofgrace » January 22nd, 2011, 3:49 pm

[quote="PridelandsPhantom"]The only thing I really liked about the LK1/2 was that I got to see Simba as a teen lion! I thought that was cool. It wasn't bad, but like others have said not that great.[/quote]
Exactly my opinion.
ImageImageImageImageImage
atouchofgrace

Nickname(s): Cat
Pride Points: 2

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » February 2nd, 2011, 5:37 pm

[quote="XeaxlXV"]wow... I was gonna say pretty much the same thing, more or less... But PK Proved to be better at expressing what I was going to say.

Yeah. I dislike the movie too.[/quote]
This ^^ TLK3 was a waste.
SummerSnowLeopard

Nickname(s): Summer
Pride Points: 38

Postby FlipMode » February 2nd, 2011, 7:34 pm

So what I do not understand is why a thread for discussing TLK 1/2 as cannon is in "The Lion King section. At first I thought the OP was going to ask if TLK was canon or not haha :P needs moving I think.
Anyway to answer the thread; no I do not really think so because as was pointed put earlier, it is much more of a re telling of the original plot but with a few differences than anything else I think.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby TheDoctor » February 2nd, 2011, 7:43 pm

[quote="SuperBabySimba"]Officially it' s obviously not canon as that film was not made by those who made TLK.

It's obviously meant as a parody anyway. Even the DVD front cover screams it. I consider the only serious part the past of Timon with the meerkats and how he met Pumbaa. But all the rest (including that Rafiki told about hakuna matata) I consider just part of the parody. (Because there is no way Timon wouldn't have regognized Rafiki in TLK if he had met him before).[/quote]
My exact thoughts as well.

But what really makes me wish it didn't exist is that "joke" they made out of Circle of Life. You do. not. mess. with. Circle. of. Life! If not for that I could probably have bought most of the film as a fun parody, but mocking CoL like that is just awful of them. Rargh D<
TheDoctor
Time Lord

Brooding brooding brooding brooding

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies