Did you cry at Mufasa's death?

Re: Did you cry at Mufassa's death?

Postby AdAstrα » June 18th, 2010, 9:46 pm

*gasps* AN OUTLANDER! :O

Lol. I understand though. I'm usually with the bad guys as well,actually I think TLK may be the only exception to that rule haha. It's amazing what heartwrenching music and helpless little lion cubs can do to me..
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Numbuh973 » June 19th, 2010, 3:30 pm

I never cried. Just felt bad inside. Btw I'd feel stupid if I cried over a Disney movie.
Numbuh973

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Friendship and love will always find a way.

Nickname(s): 973, Cynthia
Pride Points: 0

Postby BlitzRogue » June 20th, 2010, 3:40 am

[quote="Numbuh973"]Btw I'd feel stupid if I cried over a Disney movie.[/quote]
Why should that be?
BlitzRogue
Conversation Killer

| Lackadaisical Enthusiasm |

Nickname(s): Blitz, Kyle, KJOokami
Pride Points: 6

Postby AdAstrα » June 20th, 2010, 4:01 pm

Yes,why? If it's because you consider it to be a children's movie you shouldn't really enjoy anymore,think again. Old Disney films were never made for children only,they were made for everyone to enjoy. There's nothing wrong about liking these films. They are beautiful.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Postby BlitzRogue » June 20th, 2010, 5:55 pm

My thoughts exactly, Frida. :)

That scene presents a situation that most would consider to be emotional on a number of levels, and as such it often elicits strong emotion from people. If you think you'd feel stupid showing sadness because someone (fictional or otherwise) died, I think something might be wrong. Haha.

I can understand not showing emotion yourself; some people simply don't get emotional that way. But to think it's stupid or silly to cry when a character you like dies is a bit of an introverted perspective to take, in my opinion.
BlitzRogue
Conversation Killer

| Lackadaisical Enthusiasm |

Nickname(s): Blitz, Kyle, KJOokami
Pride Points: 6

Postby Muffy » June 20th, 2010, 11:25 pm

I cried to death!! My favorite character died! :( So yes I did!
Spoiler: show
Muffy
~Muffy The Muffin~

Be yourself, not someone else

Nickname(s): Mufasa, Muffy, Keven, Muffin
Pride Points: 1

Postby Lauren » September 26th, 2010, 6:00 am

Yes I did cry! Mufasa's death is such an emotional scene. For Simba to lose his father at such a young age, it's devestating! :heartbroken:
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheDoctor » September 26th, 2010, 10:50 am

Actually I can't recall that I ever have oO I think I kind of... accepted it, when I was little? Thought "That's the Circle of Life" and just never cried. Funny thing is that if I saw TLK for the first time today, I probably would. I seem to have gotten much more emotional as I grow older :lol:

Somewhat unrelated - "The Fox and the Hound" always makes me sob though. One of the surprisingly few Disney movies where I actually do, every single time D:
TheDoctor
Time Lord

Brooding brooding brooding brooding

Postby AdAstrα » September 26th, 2010, 11:20 am

Totally agree about The Fox and the Hound! I always hated the part where the old woman leaves the fox (can't remember their names..?) in the forest. Such a heartbreaking scene :(
But Mufasa's death probably is the saddest and most depressing scene I've ever come across in a Disney film. Just thinking about it makes me emotional.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Postby KopsTheTerminator » September 26th, 2010, 11:36 am

Ah, I think the Fox and the Hound scene is more heartbreaking.. I watched TLK way too much to find the stampede emotional. D: The scene where Todd is left in the woods just breaks my heart, while Mufasa's death just makes me frown now.. Sad.

[quote="BlitzRogue"]That scene presents a situation that most would consider to be emotional on a number of levels, and as such it often elicits strong emotion from people. If you think you'd feel stupid showing sadness because someone (fictional or otherwise) died, I think something might be wrong. Haha.[/quote]

It's so annoying when people tell you "Stop crying, it's not real".. So what if it isn't real? It's still sad :roll:
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies