Why do you love The Lion King?

Re: Why do you love The Lion King?

Postby mamaprince » April 19th, 2012, 1:51 am

because this movie is # 1.
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

Postby Vish » April 25th, 2012, 3:50 pm

There is alot of stuff that i love about The Lion King.
I don't know what to choose. D:
Completely insane!
Vish
Love In An Elevator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Lovin' It Up Till I Hit The Ground.

Nickname(s): Vish
Pride Points: 11

Postby pretentiousitchy » April 25th, 2012, 5:10 pm

I'm not sure I even really know. There's just something about the movie that draws me to it. I just enjoy it every time I watch it, and I could easily watch it over and over again (and I have). It's such a huge part of my childhood. :)
pretentiousitchy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Ashlee
Pride Points: 3

Postby MrTitans » April 25th, 2012, 5:11 pm

everything

Avatar: made by Shadow my mother<3 Siggy by Regulus, Jirani, Shadowfax, KristinaKiara and DatLioness.
MrTitans
Nalas true mate

I still Want Nala

Nickname(s): GearsofWar, Gears, Mio
Pride Points: 19

Postby AdAstrα » April 25th, 2012, 7:26 pm

Because it's an amazing movie that appeals to people of all ages (and thus, in contrast to popular belief among idiots around the world, is not for children only). I've re-watched so many movies I used to love as a kid and while that is always entertaining to some extent, most of them I've found to be childish, because believe it or not, I have matured a bit over the last 15 years lol. But TLK isn't like that. Far from it, in fact. It's the kind of movie you can watch at any age and still enjoy, because it has something for everyone. I think I might even enjoy it more now that I'm older and fully understand the adult aspects of it. For example, I don't recall ever crying over Mufasa when watching it as a kid, not because I was a coldhearted brat lol, I just couldn't relate to that part as much, and didn't have the same ability to feel empathy towards someone else as I do now. That's something I've developed as I've grown older :3
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby CloudCheetah » May 25th, 2012, 1:12 pm

[quote="Mike"]So many things that come together to make a brilliant and memorable film :)

The storyline itself is very dramatic and appealing

The characters are just brilliantly done, in their art, but especially their voices. (JEJ and Jeremy Irons especially <3)

The comedy is amazing for a disney film! It's not just captain hook getting chased by an alligator, or a pointless fall where dishes and stuff come crashing down, it's actual jokes with adult layers to them. =)

The animation is very impressive, and beautiful

Bu the lasting impression for me comes from the music :) There are <very> few disney songs with the same power and energy as any song in TLK, and TLK has a stunning five plus instrumental music. That's definitely what sets it apart from all other movies in my opinion <3[/quote]
Exactly! :)
[quote="Amanda"] Obviously no one matures in a single day, but an age restriction ensures that we don't get some stupid 5-year-old going "OMG MOMMY I SAW BLOOD IN A SCREENGRAB BAN THIS FORUM PLZ"[/quote]

CloudCheetah

Follow me @CloudCheetah!

Pride Points: 8

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » May 30th, 2012, 7:41 am

Many, many reasons. It completed my childhood. The characters, the songs, the storyline, the stunning animation. Just everything brought it together to become one of the best movies of all time.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » May 30th, 2012, 11:09 am

IT IS AWSOME!
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby Tora » June 6th, 2012, 8:29 pm

I love this movie, because it teaches us that there will always be hope. You cannot lose hope; you might lose sight of it, but just remember that it is always there. It teaches us that life will be hard; that it will not always be easy. The movie explains how the best way to forgive others is to forgive yourself. It also hits so many problems in love that happen everyday. For example Pumba says "He can't express his feelings, and she has commitment problems." There are many things in this movie that they touch; you just have to have an open eye for it. This movie is meant to appeal to all ages; although it is commonly conceived that it is just for children. Just remember when you watch it you will always think of your childhood. ;)
Tora
Never Forget

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » June 6th, 2012, 8:32 pm

Adding to my post, The Lion King has taught me many life lessons, and it constantly reminds me of my childhood and at times, it's the only thing that'll make me happy.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies