[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Why the allegations? — My Lion King Forum

Why the allegations?

Re: Why the allegations?

Postby SilverSimba01 » December 31st, 2010, 8:45 pm

"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 31st, 2010, 9:51 pm

You notice, however, that it still is not set-in-stone fact, it's only a suggestion (one that I disagree with, anything that is official TLK has no reason not to be considered canon).

The definition of the word canon

read that, then tell me how Kopa cannot be canon when we're using the definition correctly.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Moka » December 31st, 2010, 10:43 pm

Well canon refers to the Disney canon (google it). The Disney canon is a list of animated theatrical releases, of which The Lion King is a part of, but TLK2:SP is not. So our new definition isn't 100% accurate, but it still works.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » December 31st, 2010, 10:46 pm

I still say TLK 1, 2 and 3 are cannon and everything in them. Anything else is not
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby CoeurDeLion » January 1st, 2011, 2:43 am

Indeed, proper "canon" depends on the company employing the term. As Moka mentioned, Disney canon is determined by its list of animated theatrical releases. With Star Wars (for example) anything from the movies, paperback novels, etc is considered canon. In that case, you can have a random author working on a Star Wars novel who introduces new characters/ events that are then considered canon. Why George Lucas does that to us, I don't know...its hard to keep track :P

One last example is Games Workshop. They produce a fantasy game called Warhammer. Anything that it produces in rulebooks and armybooks is considered canon but the novels its sister-company releases is NOT considered canon.

In a word, to each his/her own.

Unless we can get a Disney historian or some official to tell us what is and is not canon, then I think we can debate until we are blue in the face. Of course, the ruling Moka provided can fill in the gap as well ;)

In my own personal opinion, I consider the movies canon and that's it. I don't take any other characters into consideration. Keeps it easy for me... :?

Cheers.
Project TLK94: A 3x2 Ft. Wood Frame Engraved With Lion King Imagery And A Musical Movement!
http://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13146
Thanks to xLilacVixenX for the awesome sig!
CoeurDeLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Lionheart- Fan of Nala

Nickname(s): Mike
Pride Points: 0

Postby Mike » January 1st, 2011, 3:03 am

Kopa is a second tier canon character =) He does not appear in the movies, but is present in the extended TLK universe.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby Arani » January 1st, 2011, 7:36 am

In my opinion Kopa is an official Character. He was in TLK books and, in my opinion anyway, was the cub at the end of TLK 1. I know others think differently, but this is just my opinion. I agree with Mike that Kopa is a second tier canon character because he might have been the cub at the end of TLK 1, and he might not of. That bit depends on who is looking at it and what matters is what they decide on the matter, no need to try and prove others wrong about it. :)
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby dariusgib » January 1st, 2011, 1:28 pm

Please STOP dont make him cry
Image Created by Simbaholic

Help them to see. That the people here are like you and me. Lets us show them how to play the pipes of peace. Paul Mccartney
dariusgib
Lion of JUstice

Look what you've done to Mr Bigglesworth!

Nickname(s): Zazu Blackadder,Pingu, Machievelli,the artist, etc
Pride Points: 3

Postby Golionking » January 1st, 2011, 7:41 pm

Kopa is canon, people! Ok?!

Click on Vitani to level her up!

Golionking
Vitani Lover

Vitani is awesome!

Nickname(s): GLK
Pride Points: 2

Postby Pixie » January 2nd, 2011, 4:50 am

I think he is not movie canon only canon in the full TLK universe. This makes any theory about Kopa being "killed" by Disney untrue. It just makes it easier for me, anyway. I think the theory of Zira killing Kopa, etc. works, but it was never planned by Disney, so therefore it is inconcievable.
Kopa was planned by another part of Disney, and is never in the movies, no matter how much people want him to be. The thought of him being the cub at the end makes perfect sense, but sadly, it is not true.
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies