Kiaras Design - what would you change?

Kiaras Design - what would you change?

Postby PrincessKiara » February 11th, 2013, 10:28 pm

What are your opinions on Kiaras design, baby, cub and adult?

If you could change anything about her design, what would it be? Do you for example feel that Kiara should look a little more like Nala and less like a girl version of Simba?

As far as Kiaras adult design goes, I personally feel it is rather plain compared to the other lionesses. Nala has a striking beauty and elegance, Zira has a sleek and angular design, Sarabi has a darker colouring and a mature look, and Vitani has a tomboy-look, as well as being the only lioness with blue eyes (aside from SP Nala). They all have very distinct features, and I feel Kiaras adult design lacks that compared to the other characters.

Some simple touch such as giving her green eyes or non-coloured toepads would have gone a long way in showing Nalas genetics in her looks as well. I am pleased Kiara didn`t get black ear-stripes, though. ;)
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Re: Kiaras Design - what would you change?

Postby cleargreenwater » February 12th, 2013, 12:08 am

I would have made her either Simba or Nala's color. I know genetically a different colored pelt can happen, but it bugs me that they're all so drastically different--Yellow, beige, orange. At least go yellow-yellow if they wanted her to be a mini-Simba, or beige if they wanted her to look like Simba but be a little different, at least she would have matched one of her parents in color.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby AdAstrα » February 12th, 2013, 1:51 am

I would've given her Simba's pelt colour and Nala's eye colour. Or the other way around, possibly :P In other words, make her look more like both of her parents. Or maybe like Nala since she already has Simba's personality. She really doesn't bear much resemblance to any of them to be honest, and that annoys me.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » February 12th, 2013, 9:53 pm

Hmm, Simba's eyes but Nala's colours ^^ I do like the fact she has a shorter muzzle than most of them, it makes her look a little different.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby ScarsLove » February 13th, 2013, 3:34 pm

Kiara's design irks me because she looks exactly like a Simba clone in my opinion. Not all of Simbas crotch dumblings need to look like him in every way. Kopa was a clone with a slightly brown mane while Kiara is pretty much Simba but gender-bent. Poor Nala is no where to be found in her. So if it were up to me, I would've given her uncolored toes, lightened Kiara's coat to make it a tan/brown color. I also would've given her Nala's eyes and Simba's ear rims. I also would've given her a different body build too. She's built more or less like a background character with no distinctive looks to them. But sometimes even the filler characters stand out more than Kiara. That's not a good sign when the filler characters look better than the main character. I love Sarabi's mature build and I love Nala's grace. Mix those two and that would be so awesome. But Kiara's build is just plain and boring.

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby SophieCub » February 13th, 2013, 3:38 pm

I think her colours are fine, but I do wish they made her looks a bit like Nala. I understand that they wanted her to look like Simba because he was the main character in the first movie but it bugs me that she barely looks like Nala.
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby InsaneSeagull » February 13th, 2013, 8:04 pm

In two words - almost everything XD . Yes, I hate Kiara's design as much as I love Kiara in general.

First of all, I would definitely change her eyes' color. Maybe blue or green would fit her, or, actually, any except red. I can get those red could fit Simba but not her, or any other lioness. I would definitely make her less Simbish. I mean, she's a female after all, she can't be pure copy of her father. It's not natural. Of course, she could (and should) have some Simba features, but not all of them. I would make her less orange and more to Nala's color.

I like her muzzle, though =P .
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Postby OneTrueKing1 » February 21st, 2013, 3:07 am

I'd make her have Nala's fur colour that's probably the thing I'd change since she looks more like Simba then Nala.

Spoiler: show

Thanks for Sig Simbaobsessor, Avatar and Userbar by me
OneTrueKing1
Heir to the pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Proud Aussie MLK member

Nickname(s): Cory
Pride Points: 10

Postby DGFone » February 21st, 2013, 7:16 am

Seeing as Kiara is a girl and not a boy, I would say that I think I would have had Kiara look more like Nala than Simba if I were to design her.

As people already said - we already had a cub Simba - in the first movie. Plus, I think that if Kiara would have inherited more of Nala's traits than Simba's, it would have provided more of a factor in terms of Simba trying to get her to follow the path that he wants her to follow. Simba wants to be like Mufasa, and no doubt, he wants Kiara to be like Mufasa as well.

But Kiara never knew Mufasa. All she knows are Simba, who is rather hard on her, and Nala. So a Kiara-Nala relationship can be explored quite deeply.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Arani » February 21st, 2013, 8:26 am

Yes I agree with much of what has been said. I think Kiara looks far too much like Simba. They should have at least made her fur color more like Nala's. If you look in that scene where she's walking down pride rock between all the other lionesses before her first hunt, she sticks out like a sore thumb because of the fur color. I'd also change her personality, because she is just too much like Simba. I also wish that Kiara wasn't so childish. I love the movie, but her personality and naivete got pretty annoying eventually lol.
Arani

Pride Points: 56

Next

Return to The Movies