is this part of the canon storyline?

Re: is this part of the canon storyline?

Postby PrincessKiara » August 4th, 2010, 9:22 am

Personally, I don`t regard this as the "real" storyline. At least not considering the events that happened in The Lion King.
When it comes to Timon and Pumbaas backstories, and Simba growing up in the jungle, that I can believe. But other than that I regard TLK 1 1/2 as more of a parody/spinoff of the original film.
The storyline is just way too silly to make any sense... It`s just a spinoff of the original told from Timon and Pumbaas "hilarious" point of view.

----

Sorry for the rant, I just dislike this movie. :innocent:
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby XeaxlXV » August 4th, 2010, 9:27 am

wow... I was gonna say pretty much the same thing, more or less... But PK Proved to be better at expressing what I was going to say.

Yeah. I dislike the movie too.
I'm feeling...
Image Image
First pic by SpiritWolf77/Saitenyo
Userbar by PrincessKiara
Mood buttons by SnowyCheetah
XeaxlXV

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm back again, baby!

Pride Points: 0

Postby PrincessKiara » August 4th, 2010, 9:54 am

lol Thanks. Glad someone agrees. :happy2:
PrincessKiara

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Pixie » August 5th, 2010, 3:47 am

It was terrible, a mockery of the masterpiece.
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

Postby LionKing4EVR96 » August 5th, 2010, 4:57 am

[quote="Pixielicious"]It was terrible, a mockery of the masterpiece.[/quote]

I don't hate Lion King 1 1/2 at all, but you have your opinion, but TLK 1 1/2 made me :lol:
LionKing4EVR96

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Krys, Luigi
Pride Points: 1

Postby MWIN » August 6th, 2010, 2:21 pm

I think of it as part of the real story line told from a different POV. Given Timone's ego, I'm not surprised he talked himself up, and with the differences and contradictions, well I just put that down to Timone's memory not being perfect.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
MWIN

Lions are edible.

Nickname(s): Atecom, Lies and Deception, No

Postby Superdoglac » August 6th, 2010, 3:29 pm

^I agree.

If we don't accept TLK1/2 as canon we can't accept TLK2 as canon either. ;) I found the movie hysterical too and some of the aspects, such as the animation, I liked better than TLK2.

STEP UP 4: The Last Airbender
Superdoglac

Zira Can Have Cheezeburger?

Nickname(s): Veronika, SDL, that kid
Pride Points: 1

Postby PrincessKiara » August 6th, 2010, 8:35 pm

Well, there`s no way I`m believing that the only reason the animals bowed down to Simba at his presentation was due to them fainting because Pumbaa farted. :roll:

That`s just me, though. To me this movie is a parody.
PrincessKiara

Postby ErikaBizarre » August 6th, 2010, 8:56 pm

[quote="PrincessKiara"]Well, there`s no way I`m believing that the only reason the animals bowed down to Simba at his presentation was due to them fainting because Pumbaa farted. :roll:

That`s just me, though. To me this movie is a parody.[/quote]

I totally agree, I think that the movie is a parody and what happend in this movie I dont take it like canon and I really hate this movie :x
it's makes look's Pumbaa like a pig (a warthog without any manners), Simba like a spoiled prince who only wants to win in everything and Timon like a little nervous hairball who is jealous of his best friend girlfriend.
ErikaBizarre

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are surrounded by idiot, my friends...

Nickname(s): Erika, Bizarre girl, another scar/kovu fangirl

Postby Akril » August 6th, 2010, 9:03 pm

Something I found humorously ironic is that there is a completely different story about how Timon became an outcast and how he met Pumbaa in The Timon and Pumbaa TV series. While a lot of the characters and elements are extremely anthropomorphized (Timon's colony is a literal village, for example), it doesn't outright contradict the events of TLK in any way, while The Lion King 1.5 does (the jungle being right next door to the Pride Lands, the "I Just Can't Wait to be King" sequence happening the day after Simba's presentation, etc.).
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Pride Points: 22

Next

Return to The Movies