Do You Think they should have

Re: Do You Think they should have

Postby ScarsLove » February 20th, 2013, 3:38 pm

As much as I would've like to have seen Scar's reign, the rating on age to view this movie would've jolted up. In my mind Scar's reign would've been alot like a concentration camp for Jews except for the lionesses. It would've made the movie too dark imo but a few scenes of Sarabi, cub Nala/adult Nala, Sarafina, or any of the others wouldn't have hurt. It's not like I wouldn't like to watch a movie about Scar's reign to see what it was really like but this is Simba's story, not Scars' sadly.

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby The Demonic Weasel » February 20th, 2013, 4:24 pm

I didn't bother to read through this whole topic, so I'll just answer the question. Personaly, yes, yes, yes! I would have loved to see what happened during Scar's reign. I suppose it's always nice to have some things to leave up to the imagination, but I would have loved more detail on Scar's reign as king. Yes, the ratings would have gone up and I'm sure that some of the topics/conversations may not have been kid-oriented, but it is a part of the movie I still wonder about sometimes. :3
The Demonic Weasel
A Touch of Destiny

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): TDW, Jenna, Jen, Enna
Pride Points: 9

Postby TheLionPrince » February 20th, 2013, 7:10 pm

For my tastes personally, the movie is Simba’s story as we see his life’s journey through his eyes. If we saw more of Scar’s reign, we lose the emotional reaction to the devastated Pride Lands when Simba sees it for the first time after making his prodigal return; this especially applies for first-time viewers. Also, we can tell from Nala's dialogue and the scene in which the hyenas complain to Scar what was happening during Scar's reign beforehand.

[quote]
Shenzi: "Scar, there is no food…no water."
Banzai: "Yeah, it’s dinner time, and we ain’t go stinkin' entrée!:
Scar: "It’s the lionesses’ job to do the hunting!"
Banzai: "Yeah, but they won’t go hunt."[/quote]

[quote]
Simba: "No, I’m not the king! Scar is!"
Nala: "Simba, he let the hyenas take over the Pride Lands!"
Simba: "What?"
Nala: "Everything’s destroyed! There is no food…no water! Simba, if you don't do something soon, everyone's going to starve!"[/quote]

That was just about enough to make my assumption about what was happening during Scar’s reign.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Previous

Return to The Movies