Adoptables?

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Adoptables?

Postby Annie » November 16th, 2009, 2:15 pm

So, how would people feel if I made a thread for adoptable lions or other afican animals, that can be used in art and roleplays etc?

I'd also make "reference sheet" lineart for me to use and so people could make their own if they didn't want to/don't draw.

I'd include info like: A picture, likes, dislikes, accessories and other things like that! Maybe even a cub/teen/adult thing!

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this XD I just wanna get some feed back before I go ahead and make something that no-one is interested in :P

Maybe it could even be a sticky thread?

"Adoption Centre" or something?

EDIT: I attatched a female reference sheet, to give an example of what it'd look like.

EDIT 2.0: Done the male ref sheet too!

I thought another possible way of doing adoptables could be a "batch" or "set" like this - http://gothic180.deviantart.com/art/Noa ... -141872691 but obviously with lions/other african animals. ^^
Attachments
MaleRefSheet.png
FemaleRefSheet.png
Last edited by Annie on November 16th, 2009, 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Rawr

Pride Points: 29

Re: Adoptables?

Postby Cloverclaw » November 16th, 2009, 2:58 pm

WHOA o.o That would be awsome! i like it o_O
Cloverclaw

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Im Evil XD

Pride Points: 0

Postby LionPrincess » November 16th, 2009, 4:10 pm

I think this is a really good idea and i think alot of people will like it x
LionPrincess

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

life takes your dreams and turns them upside down.

Pride Points: 5

Postby Annie » November 16th, 2009, 4:15 pm

Thanks!!

I just noticed the "gender" thing is very redundant, it was there because I was just going to do 1 sheet :P I'll remove that later, I'm still ironing out creases ^^
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Rawr

Postby Annie » November 16th, 2009, 4:15 pm

Sorry for double post, PC had a little freak out XD
Annie
Hyena

Rawr

Postby DarkLiger » November 16th, 2009, 8:09 pm

I think that it would be a great idea for rping for maybe beginners or people who don't really rp because now they can have use those 2 pics to show what their character looks like. Maybe get people to create their own oc's and get them into rping. (I don't know if that makes sense, it does in my head right now. XD)
Those 2 pictures that you attached could get more people to have visual art of there oc's, beginners and advance rper's, if they don't have one already.
Image<-Made by SimbaImage<- Made by TeenSimba
Image<-Made by Simba
Image<- Made by TeenSimba
DarkLiger

Pride Points: 0

Postby Annie » November 16th, 2009, 8:25 pm

[quote="DarkLiger"]I think that it would be a great idea for rping for maybe beginners or people who don't really rp because now they can have use those 2 pics to show what their character looks like. Maybe get people to create their own oc's and get them into rping. (I don't know if that makes sense, it does in my head right now. XD)
Those 2 pictures that you attached could get more people to have visual art of there oc's, beginners and advance rper's, if they don't have one already.[/quote]

Yes! People could use the lines for ref-sheets for their exsisting OCs if they ike :) so long as they credit me ^^

But my idea was more of an adoption centre, so people could make characters and then give them out to the best suiter :)

I hope Moka/the mods like this idea :D I love making characters so I'd be quite active ^^ and plus, I really want something to do to get me more active on here :)

Not sure how a suitable owner would be chosen...maybe they'd have to draw it or post a "mock post" for an RP or something...or give it the best back story maybe?
And people could PM me with their adoptable characters and I'd put them up for adoption ^^
Annie
Hyena

Rawr

Postby Mike » November 16th, 2009, 9:03 pm

Agreed with DL, this would be awesome for new players, and even a few older characters that don't have images yet. It's very generous of you to offer.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby CheetahCat » November 16th, 2009, 9:06 pm

Sounds like a great idea for our new members who are getting into the RP field. :) I'm sure this will become crowd-pleasing in the future. hehe. ^^

Keep it up. :)
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Meow.

Nickname(s): TeenSimba, Si, TS
Pride Points: 9

Postby Annie » November 16th, 2009, 9:10 pm

Glad you like the idea :D

So, I can go ahead with the adoptables? ^^ and what topic would be best to post it in? Characters or fan-art? Maybe even roleplay, but the characters would be for fan-artists too.

Just wondering...does everyone get what I mean by "adoptables?" Y'all seem to think the lineart is for exsisting characters only. XD

EDIT: Ok, it seems people don't get what I mean by adoptables. I'll explain.

Step 1: Somebody draws a character or a set of character designs and you post the designs.

Step 2: Somebody else "applies" to keep the character, by either giving it a back story or drawing it.

Step 3: Leave it maybe 3 days for people to apply and the choose the most suitable owner for the character.

If you are the lucky person to get the character, you can use it for roleplaying or draw it in fan-art!

I hope that clears things up :P It's just like adopting a puppy or kitten from a pound!

People can also use the lineart for their exsisting characters if they're not an artist, but I want the main use to stay as adoptables.
Annie
Hyena

Rawr

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To