Submit button on Chatroom doesn't work?

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Submit button on Chatroom doesn't work?

Postby KopsTheTerminator » November 17th, 2009, 1:34 pm

Sometimes, when I click Submit or press Enter on the chatroom to post, the button won't work! Why does this happen?
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Submit button on Chatroom doesn't work?

Postby LilTiger » November 17th, 2009, 1:46 pm

Yeah same thing happenes to me :/
ImageImageImage
Sig by Simbaholic, userbars by WildSimba and Simba.
LilTiger

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

~*~

Nickname(s): LT, Lil, Tiger, LilT, ZM, Zira, Bored

Postby Moka » November 17th, 2009, 4:16 pm

Hmm..the chatroom uses an AJAX script, which allows the page to refresh (and do work) without actually refreshing the page or changing the address. The delay you get is just the website trying to add your comment and then refresh the list of comments (while other people are doing the same operation). If too many people are on, and the submit button doesn't add your comment, try reloading the page.

Other than that, the chatroom was is a modification to the board made by someone else. (I'm not good enough to design a faster chatroom ^.^) So it is what it is until someone else comes out with a better, faster chatroom. :S
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby KopsTheTerminator » November 17th, 2009, 4:25 pm

Oh, I got it. Thanks. ^^
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Noah » January 10th, 2012, 11:08 pm

[quote="Moka"]Hmm..the chatroom uses an AJAX script, which allows the page to refresh (and do work) without actually refreshing the page or changing the address. The delay you get is just the website trying to add your comment and then refresh the list of comments (while other people are doing the same operation). If too many people are on, and the submit button doesn't add your comment, try reloading the page.[/quote]
What if you click Submit and your comment disappears, but it doesn't appear on the chatroom, even after refreshing the page? There have been multiple times where I've typed a long comment and then clicked on the button only to have it erased, forcing me to retype the whole thing. This has happened both during MLK Radio and during normal chat hours. I know this is an old topic, but I wanted to know if this was normal?
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby FlipMode » January 10th, 2012, 11:34 pm

Moka, I can not see anyone's messages in the chat room!
Oh wait, no one uses it any more.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Noah » January 14th, 2012, 6:11 am

[quote="FlipMode"]Moka, I can not see anyone's messages in the chat room!
Oh wait, no one uses it any more.[/quote]
As much as we all enjoy your comments Flip, I'm seriously wanting to get an answer to this. It happened to me again during last night's MLK Radio.
Siggy by Me

Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Postby Regulus » January 14th, 2012, 6:13 am

Try refreshing the page?
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Noah » January 14th, 2012, 6:22 am

[quote="Noahcs"]What if you click Submit and your comment disappears, but it doesn't appear on the chatroom, even after refreshing the page? There have been multiple times where I've typed a long comment and then clicked on the button only to have it erased, forcing me to retype the whole thing. This has happened both during MLK Radio and during normal chat hours. I know this is an old topic, but I wanted to know if this was normal?[/quote]
^Tried it Regulus. No dice.
Siggy by Me

Noah

Only the lonely can play

Postby Regulus » January 14th, 2012, 6:39 am

Durka-dur, I should have read that *facepalm*. Then I don't know what the problem is. What browser do you use? Have you tried using an alternative?
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To