"Adult" Board?

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

"Adult" Board?

Postby Annie » June 22nd, 2011, 11:49 pm

I read someone had mentioned a board for members who wish to duscuss more adult topics and controversial topics. Of course we'd have to have rules to be able to get into the board and find some way of stopping non-welcome members from getting in? I'm not sure...but it would give us a chance to discuss more adult topics, even about TLK!

What do you think? Ofcourse this is an extremely WIP idea, so input would be good.
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Rawr

Pride Points: 29

Re: "Adult" Board?

Postby Taka » June 22nd, 2011, 11:57 pm

In my opinion... I'd like it, because there are lots of topics we'd like to talk about but can't. Of course it's up to Moka, but I support the idea.
Taka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 26

Postby WildSimba » June 23rd, 2011, 12:00 am

Yup, I support this idea. lol
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby WildSimba » June 23rd, 2011, 12:06 am

This isn't a kids board. You have to be 13 to join, and if your not you have to get a form filled out by your parents and fax it to Moka. So in a few rare cases there has actually been kids here. Besides, this adult board would have special rules to where people under a certain age couldn't get in.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Nitro » June 23rd, 2011, 12:07 am

There's another board I go on that has an adult board. What they did is they put a password on the board but told the password in the description so it would give people a choice if they really wanted to go in. Moka could also add to the rules about an offense if people under 18 went in.

*need to type faster*
Nitro
Green Rider

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 20

Postby FlipMode » June 23rd, 2011, 12:17 am

I am all for it, in fact I welcome it, slap a password on it to save the kids from burning their eyes or something, and sure why not?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Annie » June 23rd, 2011, 12:18 am

[quote="Simbalover"]I don't think there should be an adult board, because this is a kids site and I don't think topics about sex are really inappropriate. :ew: Sorry but I don't see the point of this actually.[/quote]

This adult board wouldn't be soley talking about sex. There's other sites for that.

I mean ADULT topics. Perhaps religion, death, murder *cough*Mufasa*cough* and politics too! Maybe even help with real life stuff.
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Rawr

Pride Points: 29

Postby Ushujaa » June 23rd, 2011, 3:18 am

this sounds like a good idea but it would have to be more then a password and more then an age checker thing... if the password got around to the wrong people it could be really bad.
Spoiler: show

thank you Flip for the community sig
Ushujaa
Dreamer

Don't heroes have the right to dream?

Nickname(s): Shujaa, Fluffy, Squishy, Kopa, Usher,Krypto
Pride Points: 24

Postby Nitro » June 23rd, 2011, 3:20 am

That's the point. Everyone would know the password because it could get really confusing keeping it a secret but children would not be allowed to go in there, despite them knowing the password. It could be every other member's duty to make sure no one under 18 is even browsing.
Nitro
Green Rider

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 20

Postby Ushujaa » June 23rd, 2011, 3:40 am

or if the under 18 members get caught in there, they could get a warning..
Spoiler: show

thank you Flip for the community sig
Ushujaa
Dreamer

Don't heroes have the right to dream?

Nickname(s): Shujaa, Fluffy, Squishy, Kopa, Usher,Krypto
Pride Points: 24

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To