VIP Section

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

VIP Section

Postby FlipMode » April 19th, 2011, 11:47 pm

Hey guys, pitched an idea to the other staff members a few days ago. They seem to like it so far, but I did not just want to force this on to you people without you all getting a say, or offering improvement (or indeed if it should be changed at all). So I shall copy and paste my post from the staff forum, and yeah, tell me what you think ^^.

[quote="FlipMode"]Had a random idea earlier, wanted some feedback from peeps!

So we can all be in agree that the whole post count situation is getting a bit silly, and the spam and stuff?
Here is mah solution...

Get rid of all the current ranks.
Have one "official rank" - named VIP (tentative name, someone suggest a better one?) but this would be at 1000 posts.
Once people reach 1000 posts, they gain access to a VIP member exclusive forum (could have some stuff in here, have slightly more laid back rules perhaps? Sure we can get some stuff to get the ball rolling at least...)

Pros: Most of the active members, already being at 1000 will get access to it.
Instead of people spamming to the silly 10,000 posts, they would have no incentive to spam upon 1000.
Gives new members an incentive to stick around.

Cons:
Any you can think of, I would like to hear ^^

So yeah, feedback please, is 1000 a good number to use? Do ya think this would even be beneficial?[/quote]

Just to add: it would have incentives that the main forums do not have to make it worth getting to :P
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: VIP Section

Postby Arani » April 20th, 2011, 12:00 am

Great idea, FM! I think that this would be a cool place to hang. And besides, 10,000 posts is a little much anyway lol. I don't see any cons. There might be some arguments about it, but I don't see why there would be arguments. People just like to argue I guess. :/ Anyway, I think this would be a great addition to the forum!

VIP is an okay name. I can't think of anything better! I'll post if I do. ^^
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby TheGunner18 » April 20th, 2011, 12:03 am

This seems like a good idea, but how much stuff would this 'VIP' section have in it? I'd suggest nit an overly large amount, as this could make members who are able to get into it less active on the main forum? It would also give people and reason to spam, spam and spam some more up to 1000 just so that they can get in :/ I, myself prefer to post well thought out replies to things and I also mainly post in RP's.

That's all I can think of now, but I might think up of some more cons. :P I'm pretty good at finding flaws in things ;)
All credit goes to SimbaObsesser for the awesome signature!
TheGunner18
Over thinking, over analysing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Separates the body from the mind...

Nickname(s): Gunner, gun, I don't care what you call me.
Pride Points: 17

Postby Arani » April 20th, 2011, 12:07 am

Wel ya, I guess it would give more reason to spam. But I still think the whole seprate place for active members is a good idea. I'm sure something could be done to maybe minimize that?

Edit: Then again, there are some active members who arent up to 1000. And some members who will suddenly become very active that aren't up to 1000. Maybe every member should be invited into the VIP section. If a member becomes/is active enough and doesn't spam (At least not a lot, bc I'm sure everyone spams at some point. :P ) they could be invited into the VIP section by a mod or something, instead of post counts?
Last edited by Arani on April 20th, 2011, 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arani

Postby TheGunner18 » April 20th, 2011, 12:10 am

For this VIP section we really need to get the balance right between having too much stuff in there so that people will spam to get in, and having too little in there so that no one will be interested in getting in. I'm sure something will get worked out, though, as I like the idea :)
All credit goes to SimbaObsesser for the awesome signature!
TheGunner18
Over thinking, over analysing

Separates the body from the mind...

Nickname(s): Gunner, gun, I don't care what you call me.
Pride Points: 17

Postby TheIvanMuse » April 20th, 2011, 12:21 am

This is a GREAT idea,actually! I like it, since it keeps off the spam but it also gives new people something to go by with,in case they want to see who's more active and who not and post to get to it. Of course, I say if someone doesn't really have a lot of posts in his post COUNT,they could be manually added to the VIP section.

Signature made by Taka
TheIvanMuse
Ninja Blader Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Never stop improving and you'll be forever young!

Nickname(s): Ivan , T.I.Van
Pride Points: 26

Postby Arani » April 20th, 2011, 12:27 am

Quick thought, maybe there should be a system where if someone gets into trouble (Like, violating the rules bad or something) they get kicked out of the VIP section and have to be invited back by a mod, or if their violation was bad enough, kicked out for good? just a thought!
Arani

Postby DGFone » April 20th, 2011, 12:34 am

That sounds like a good idea, but instead of having a minimum post count, a mod can look at members, and if they are deemed "active" - that is posting actual comments, (not spam), on a regular basis, then they can be allowed in, no matter what their post count is. Quality over quantity.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » April 20th, 2011, 12:40 am

[quote="Arani"]Quick thought, maybe there should be a system where if someone gets into trouble (Like, violating the rules bad or something) they get kicked out of the VIP section and have to be invited back by a mod, or if their violation was bad enough, kicked out for good? just a thought![/quote]

That is where it gets complicated, but since people get 24hr suspensions, for 2 warnings, they would be banned from it automatically for that time anyway :]
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Arani » April 20th, 2011, 12:44 am

@ DGFone, Agreed. As I said before, I think that that would be a better way to go, since not all active members have 1000 posts. Some members come back after a while gone and become very active, and some are just slower posters but are still pretty active. I think inviting members in would be better. And, kicking members out might also be a good way to go, because I think the VIP section (If one gets put in) is a privilege, not a right, and that being so there should be a consequence of losing access to it until a mod invites you back, depending on what has been done that got you kicked out in the first place.

And @ FM, Yes, that's true. But I think it's really dependant on what has been done. A 24 hour suspension is used for the regular forum, but, like I said, I think it's a privilage and not a right to be in the VIP section. So it might be good to have someone kicked out if their violation is bad enough, and then can be invited back in. But what ever you guys decide is fine by me! ^^
Arani

Next

Return to Feedback & How-To