Problems browsing the "latest posts"

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Problems browsing the "latest posts"

Postby FlipMode » December 14th, 2010, 10:18 pm

Quite a petty thing yes, but still a thing indeed. At first I was not going to mention this but it is still doing it even after re loading Chrome completely and it has started doing this since this morning and still is now. Basically when a person posts in a topic, it comes up as the newest post in that forum, then you click the thread title and it takes you to it. But mine are all messed up, if I click the newest post from the forum index, it takes me to a post by that user but in a different thread (and is not even the latest post in the thread). To easier understand what I am trying to say, I recorded it :D

(BTW It is not just The Den, all of them are doing it, but if I manually go into the forum then it is displayed correctly :/)

FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Problems browsing the "latest posts"

Postby Moka » December 15th, 2010, 1:05 am

I'm getting that, too. Those latest post links are generated by a modification, which I was messing with this morning. I seemed to have broken it.

It appears to grab the latest post from a forum or its subforums. Interesting :hmm:
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby Moka » December 15th, 2010, 3:34 am

I believe I've fixed it, but just post here if you notice anything else wrong with the new version of this mod.

It now shows the title of the last reply, instead of trying to show the title of the last topic. Hopefully the mod author will post a quick fix for this so I can get it back to showing the topic titles again instead of having all those annoying "Re: " everywhere.

Thanks!
Moka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » December 15th, 2010, 4:18 pm

Still doing it. It seems to mostly happen with "The Den" I guess because that area gets the most usage and posts?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Moka » December 19th, 2010, 7:43 am

I haven't had a problem with it since Dec. 14th. Are you sure? :?
Moka

Postby FlipMode » December 19th, 2010, 7:50 am

:D It is not actually doing it any more, Moka :-). But it did on the 15th, when I posted that :P
FlipMode

Return to Feedback & How-To