RolePlay Forum suggestions

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: RolePlay Forum suggestions

Postby YFWE » March 22nd, 2011, 12:20 am

The more I think about it, the more I really like the notion of two sections for Open and Private RPs. From there, we could either do away with RP ratings altogether... or if anyone thinks we still need them, how about a moderator changes the RP title -- i.e. "RP Title Here, (Advanced)" or something like that -- once it's ranked? Though I think I'm leaning more toward doing away with the ratings completely. Currently, I'm not seeing much of a use for them other than separating the more advanced RPs from the not-so-advanced -- which, don't get me wrong, is a good thing to have if you're going to rank them at all, but I don't know that it serves much of a truly important purpose other than that. If anything, RP leaders themselves could take it upon themselves to rank what they envision their own RP to be, so that it could deter or attract potential RPers. I feel like most aren't going to be delusional so as to call their RP advanced when they're not very good themselves. I think.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby Ushujaa » March 24th, 2011, 10:55 pm

so any ideas on when these changes will take place?
Spoiler: show

thank you Flip for the community sig
Ushujaa
Dreamer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't heroes have the right to dream?

Nickname(s): Shujaa, Fluffy, Squishy, Kopa, Usher,Krypto
Pride Points: 24

Postby FlipMode » March 24th, 2011, 11:40 pm

^ Probably going to be like, let people suggest stuff over the weekend and then work on it throughout next week or something :]
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Ushujaa » March 24th, 2011, 11:42 pm

thats awesome i wasn't expecting any updates for like at least 2 weeks, :)

Ushujaa
Dreamer

Postby FlipMode » March 24th, 2011, 11:43 pm

Yeah me neither but since people were so quick to offer such great feedback I can get on with it sooner :)
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Azdgari » March 28th, 2011, 5:21 pm

Now that I've actually peeked around, I'd suggest also maybe sorting the RP's a little faster? There are RPs that have been in the sandbox for like a month and have quite a number of pages (one of them over 20) so I think there's plenty of content to judge in most of the sandbox RP's. :3
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby Ushujaa » March 30th, 2011, 2:04 am

[quote="Azdgari"]Now that I've actually peeked around, I'd suggest also maybe sorting the RP's a little faster? There are RPs that have been in the sandbox for like a month and have quite a number of pages (one of them over 20) so I think there's plenty of content to judge in most of the sandbox RP's. :3[/quote]

it's hard for the staff to move every last role play into the sections, though i agree that sorting the rp's a little faster would be a vast improvement i think it's more important to get a planning section and an open and closed section. 8-)

Ushujaa
Dreamer

Postby Azdgari » March 30th, 2011, 2:40 am

Really? I thought RP's were dead until I realized there are like 10 active RP's waiting to be sorted... and it's not that tough, it would take perhaps an hour (if that) of a staffer's time to read through them and determine where they should go. ^^
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby YFWE » March 30th, 2011, 2:45 pm

[quote="Ushujaa"][quote="Azdgari"]Now that I've actually peeked around, I'd suggest also maybe sorting the RP's a little faster? There are RPs that have been in the sandbox for like a month and have quite a number of pages (one of them over 20) so I think there's plenty of content to judge in most of the sandbox RP's. :3[/quote]

it's hard for the staff to move every last role play into the sections, though i agree that sorting the rp's a little faster would be a vast improvement i think it's more important to get a planning section and an open and closed section. 8-)[/quote]

No it's not. Never too difficult when I did it. As long as you don't get too backed up with unsorted RPs, it's really no trouble at all.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby Ushujaa » March 30th, 2011, 8:56 pm

still sorting them wouldn't be a problem if we just did away with the ranking system and split it between open and closed.

Ushujaa
Dreamer

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To