More Member Involvement

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

The Proposed Vote System

Poll ended at March 24th, 2011, 3:29 pm

I like it! Give the members a voice in those matters.
32%
I disagree, I think the staff should continue making decisions without our opinions.
68%

Total votes : 19

Re: More Member Involvement

Postby YFWE » March 18th, 2011, 6:12 am

I was going to give Mike karma for his wonderful analogy, but alas, it would appear as though he has disabled it.

So a shoutout in this thread shall have to do! Couldn't have said it better myself.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby Arani » March 18th, 2011, 6:16 am

Wow. Why cant we just keep things how they are? In my opinion, we shouldn't vote on that kind of thing. No forum is EVER going to be perfect. You either live with it or you don't. All this is gonna do is stir up drama and this forum has enough of that. And also, it's already been said, and I will say it again, that the mods became mods for a reason. They're good at their job on here. No, they're not perfect. NO ONE is perfect. But letting everyone else decide who gets banned and who doesn't? Come on, that's just not gonna work no matter what happens. It's the mods job, not ours. They're doing just fine. Thanks for the suggestion, but it just doesn't seem like a smart thing to do.
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby xLilacVixenx » March 18th, 2011, 6:21 am

*Cough* This doesn't have relation to Sillydog's banning, does it?

Though in some ways, I believe this could improve some situations greatly. Such as if one member was seriously hurting someones feelings, the staff would ask all the people who witnessed the situation how bad it was and if they deserved a warning. Depending on the member's current warning status, they could either get another warning or get banned.

Although I believe most of the decisions should be made by the staff, just a few things could change :)
'Cause you're beautiful. Like no other. Flawless, absolutely flawless.
<3
xLilacVixenx
ƒℓυттєяsнγ ƒαиαтìc

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 13

Postby Azdgari » March 18th, 2011, 6:53 am

People more eloquent than I have pretty much said all I have to say. The only other thing I could say is 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. When things are (for the most part) running smoothly, why completely restructure the way the site is run? Doesn't make much sense to me.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Arani » March 18th, 2011, 7:09 am

^ agreed.
Arani

Pride Points: 56

Postby KingKivuli » March 18th, 2011, 1:20 pm

[quote="xLilacVixenx] Such as if one member was seriously hurting someones feelings, the staff would ask all the people who witnessed the situation how bad it was[/quote]

just a small response to that. usually the members display thier feelings in a post or in the chat which we have logs for. if there is no clear member that has been hurt or seen something happen we have to act on our own however i have discussed whats happened with members before to try and get a wider view point of what happened
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby Nitro » March 19th, 2011, 2:00 am

I'm a newbie to the site and my opinion (more than) probably doesn't matter to you guys, but I'm not a newbie at forums in general. I know a few other sites that have tried democracy, and every single one of them ended up in disaster. Things got too messy in the topics, accusations were flying around everywhere to people who voted in favor of the ban, and staff lost control of the site for a short while until the poll idea was shut down. What you guys should think about, is why have staff if the forum members control what happens? I admit that the freedom to vote on what happens to us should always be present, but not on everything. You don't see the goverment publishing in the newspaper a vote on whether or not a criminal should be let loose or sentenced to jail (overkill analogy, I know these guys aren't criminals) so why should you? Admins, mods, or whatever your position is, shouldn't be selected if they can't do much more than they already could besides deleting posts and having a fancy color for their name. The staff we have now were personally selected by Moka because he trusts them to do the right thing, and so should we because hey, the site isn't so bad! The changes you see are them trying to make things better and a more enjoyable experience for us. They can't please everyone, some people may not like what they are doing, and sometimes a whole lot of people may not like what they are doing but they're humans, just like us, and they make mistakes. Just because a few of them mess up once in a while and makes a bad decision on what should be done on the site, doesn't mean that they should let us decide. We'd probably make even worse decisions considering the fact that we don't have the experience they do (this does not go for all members0

Well, I'm going to stop ranting now because you all get the point. And yes, my opinion is a bit biased but still informed, since I happen to be an admin who lost control with the democracy on another site. So many people had broken the rules (cyber bullying, trolling, spamming, etc.) that we just couldn't keep up with who's got how many warnings, and multiple accounts to vote more than once, and who's supposed to be banned that we just gave up and deleted the entire site. Now I'm probably making a fool of myself with how serious I'm being and how much I'm over reacting to a simple suggestion, but one of the sites' I used to be a Kage at (which is the equivalent to Admin) member tried (TRIED) to commit suicide after being verbally harassed for voting Ban on every single poll she came across, just for the sake of her sadism (but she was already Depressed, so she was going to do it sometime anyway). And now, I have probably just named myself as MLK's Biggest Fool but I'm a firm believer on where democracy is appropriate.
Nitro
Green Rider

Pride Points: 20

Postby Ushujaa » March 19th, 2011, 2:05 am

okay so in case people didn't realize snowy is gone so can we please /topic kay thnx bai
Spoiler: show

thank you Flip for the community sig
Ushujaa
Dreamer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't heroes have the right to dream?

Nickname(s): Shujaa, Fluffy, Squishy, Kopa, Usher,Krypto
Pride Points: 24

Postby FlipMode » March 19th, 2011, 2:07 am

[quote="Ushujaa"]okay so in case people didn't realize snowy is gone so can we please /topic kay thnx bai[/quote]

Yeahhh and the general seems to be no anyway lol *Locks you in on his way out*
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Previous

Return to Feedback & How-To