Music Genres you dislike

Re: Music Genres you dislike

Postby Ozy » December 22nd, 2011, 10:45 pm

[quote="SimbaCanHazDonut"]Srsly, don't get how someone can hate a whole genre xD, almost always that's fault of listening only a few songs, or most mainstream ones.. x)[/quote]

Agreed. I used to absolutely hate hip hop and rap, but then I found a few artists that I actually really like and weren't of the annoying 'get bee-zees, get paid' variety that I could relate to. Actual, decent rap can be really beautiful when they're not yelling about how rich they are or how many girls they can bed. -_-
Though, right now, I haven't found any country music that I like. It just hasn't happened yet, but that can certainly change. Other than that, I'm not so much into the 'scene' music thing that going on.

http://artofkellyjohnson.storenvy.com/
Instagram @artofkellyjohnson
Ozy
Ya like jazz?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I need you to let me touch it

Nickname(s): KJ
Pride Points: 26

Postby SophieCub » December 22nd, 2011, 10:51 pm

I hate metal, punk rock stuff. Puts me right off..

Most people hate rap but I love it. I think raps in songs can be so meaningful. There is one song that I can realte to about a changing father. I don't really understand why people dislike it so much, it makes me just want to breakfree sometimes.
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby Ozy » December 22nd, 2011, 10:59 pm

[quote="SophieCub"]I hate metal, punk rock stuff. Puts me right off..

Most people hate rap but I love it. I think raps in songs can be so meaningful. There is one song that I can realte to about a changing father. I don't really understand why people dislike it so much, it makes me just want to breakfree sometimes.[/quote]

Woot! Have you heard of Atmosphere? They've got some great lyrics.

Haha metal is definitely a hard genre to get into... not sure how I feel about it myself..,

Ozy
Ya like jazz?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SophieCub » December 22nd, 2011, 11:01 pm

[quote="Ozy"][quote="SophieCub"]I hate metal, punk rock stuff. Puts me right off..

Most people hate rap but I love it. I think raps in songs can be so meaningful. There is one song that I can realte to about a changing father. I don't really understand why people dislike it so much, it makes me just want to breakfree sometimes.[/quote]

Haha metal is definitely a hard genre to get into... not sure how I feel about it myself..,[/quote]

Nope but I'll check em out! :D

Yeah, it is too beaty xD If that makes sense. ^^
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby Ozy » December 22nd, 2011, 11:13 pm

[quote="SophieCub"][quote="Ozy"][quote="SophieCub"]I hate metal, punk rock stuff. Puts me right off..

Haha metal is definitely a hard genre to get into... not sure how I feel about it myself..,[/quote]

Nope but I'll check em out! :D

Yeah, it is too beaty xD If that makes sense. ^^[/quote]

Beaty like 'beat you over the head with guitar riffs and drumsticks'? Then yes, I know what you mean haha

Ozy
Ya like jazz?

Postby TheLionPrince » January 1st, 2012, 6:08 am

I HATE rap music and contemporary pop music! Most rap and pop songs have pointless profanity (or they say "cussing"), and are themed around partying and sex.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Noah » January 1st, 2012, 6:18 am

I can't really think of one genre of music I hate. Even the ones that I don't like have at least one good song. Gangsta rap, country, and even opera all have a few songs I enjoy listening to.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Amy43 » January 2nd, 2012, 1:33 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]I HATE rap music and contemporary pop music! Most rap and pop songs have pointless profanity (or they say "cussing"), and are themed around partying and sex.[/quote]
I agree! I don't like it either.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Amy43

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 4

Postby Tabby » January 22nd, 2012, 3:16 pm

I think I just discovered a kind of music I don't like, I've heard a lot of ones and srsly just don't like it, although there're some feeeeeeeeew ones that are decent, but not as good as the original ones and I'm talking about remixes, like when someone just take some songs and mix them by himself, I hate that >.<

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

Postby Biomac » February 18th, 2012, 4:15 pm

[quote]Kops The Terminator wrote:
I really dislike Pop, Hip-Hop, Electronica and Rap myself.[/quote]

I TOTALLY agree with you, i don't like rap/hip-hop songs, but i LOVE electronica sorry ;)

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

PreviousNext

Return to The Den