Star wars the force awakens.

Re: Star wars the force awakens.

Postby Regulus » October 20th, 2015, 10:52 pm

You have no idea how excited I am to see this. I haven't bought tickets yet, but I am planning to see it as early as physically possible.

I know people are going to ask, "What if it sucks like The Phantom Menace?" And to that, I can simply say that it won't. This looks nothing like the abysmal failures that were episodes I and II.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby FlipMode » October 26th, 2015, 1:05 am

My force has been awakened ever since the newest trailer came out.
Among sky diving, going to my sisters wedding etc... this film is one of my most hyped things of the year.
I literally bought every single new The Force Awakens Lego Star Wars set the day they came out and have almost finished building them all.
I'm so bloody excited it's actually a bit alarming.

Unfortunately other than talking about how hyped we may be, there really isn't much to discuss about it. The trailers have revealed very little about the plot and just shown some sweet action scenes with some nods to the original trilogy lure for good measure.
That in itself has sold me, though.
Going to have to go back and watch them all again soon before this comes out.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Ultra Fox » October 26th, 2015, 1:06 am

I'm glad that the trailers haven't revealed the plot. I hate when trailers spoil an entire movie for no reason.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby FlipMode » October 26th, 2015, 1:19 am

I remember Spider Man 2's trailer lol it was basically the entire film summed up in two minutes except for the final twist right at the end which didn't actually effect much.

Star Wars is just more "LOOK STUFF! You like stuff!"
And I suppose because everyone will know the story anyway. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that Vader is Luke's father even if they've never seen any of the films.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ultra Fox » October 26th, 2015, 1:27 am

It's hard not to be excited when George Lucas isn't involved. The best SW movies have the least Lucas involvement possible. :D
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Postby FlipMode » October 26th, 2015, 1:40 am

I actually really like all the movies. EP 1 is only my least favourite because... Well the only time anything is really happening is during the action scenes, other than that it's just talking about things that are going to happen in the future.
Other than that I really like them all about the same, I see it as one saga as opposed to each movie individually.
The only reason I like the original trilogy more is because it has more of my favourite characters and vehicles, otherwise I can watch any of the films really.

But anyway this thread is specifically for TFA so let's get back onto that.
So C3PO has a red arm now, I wander what happened to him? Or do you think they just saw Big Boss from MGSV and thought "Hmmm let's give C3PO a red arm as well, it looks quite cool."
FlipMode

Postby Elton John » October 26th, 2015, 2:24 am

The music in the trailer is awesome. John williams is probably the best film composer I know of.

I'm guessing the story is going to be about finn and rey searching for luke while being chased by kylo ren, who I think is a dark jedi (and not a sith).

Oh right a lot of idiots are boycotting star wars 7 cause the two main leads are a black dude and a white woman. Can't have diversity in mah hollywood! Every lead must be a white male huuuuuurrrrr durrrrr.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Ultra Fox » October 26th, 2015, 2:30 am

[quote="Elton John"]Oh right a lot of idiots are boycotting star wars 7 cause the two main leads are a black dude and a white woman. Can't have diversity in mah hollywood! Every lead must be a white male huuuuuurrrrr durrrrr.[/quote]
Not as if black actors have ever played any major Star Wars characters.

Oh, wait...
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Postby Elton John » October 26th, 2015, 2:42 am

Don't forget mace windu, though he was just a side character.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby FlipMode » October 26th, 2015, 9:36 am

Pretty sure the film is already sold out in a lot of venues... Over sensitive pansy used boycott, it isn't very effective.

I'm thinking that Kylo Ren is some sort of cultist recreating the sith and empire based on the legends and any artefacts they find.
Could explain the crashed star destroyer etc we saw. And he was talking to Vader's helmet as well. I'm assuming he wants Vader's lightsaber which we also saw in the trailers.
FlipMode

PreviousNext

Return to The Den