MLK Writing Contest #14!

MLK Writing Contest #14!

Postby DGFone » December 10th, 2012, 5:48 pm

It's a new month, and a new contest. We had two winners last time, but I only got a prompt from one of them, so you will still see the standard four prompts this time. I'll allow the other winner to still create a prompt for the fifteenth writing contest, so you might be seeing five prompts there, but for the current contest, number fourteen, you guys have these prompts to write on:

What if Scar defeated Simba?
Timon and Pumbaa actually succeed as babysitters.
The Outlanders openly rebel against Zira
What if Zira killed Kiara before Simba even showed up?

You will all have two weeks to write your stories, and the deadline for submissions is Monday, December 24th. As usual, you can either submit the stories to me by typing them into the PM, or simply send me a word or text file that you used to write your story.

Usual rules apply: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words . However, there is also now a minimum requirement of 1000 words as well. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing, and don't submit something you already wrote previously. Don't vote for yourself, and don't ask others to vote for your story either.

I will create a banner for the winner of this contest, as well as let them create a prompt for the fifteenth writing contest.

Good luck, and good writing!
Last edited by DGFone on December 10th, 2012, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #14!

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » December 10th, 2012, 7:53 pm

I might enter. btw it sais '[voting]'.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Re: MLK Writing Contest #14! [Voting]

Postby Regulus » December 10th, 2012, 8:26 pm

Geez man, get your stuff together. :P

And, I will be participating in this one. Expect my story by next week before I leave for the holidays. :D
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Re: MLK Writing Contest #14! [Voting]

Postby DGFone » December 10th, 2012, 11:27 pm

[quote="Regulus"]Geez man, get your stuff together. :P
[/quote]

Give me a break, Reg! Finals are in one week. Created two large posts in the 10 minutes I had before leaving for school, and honestly, as much as I hate to admit it, MLK is very low on my priority list. At the end of the day,
school > Lion King.

I won't give up on MLK, but in case you guys haven't noticed, my MLK productivity has plummeted, and I made the same mistake in both topics, so yeah... :lol:

I will also get my story in. Good thing I have a few days after finals end and before the deadline.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » December 10th, 2012, 11:36 pm

That is why Sothern Hemisphere>Northern Hemisphere during christmas time!
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Postby DGFone » December 10th, 2012, 11:42 pm

[quote="Kitva Hyperlink"]That is why Sothern Hemisphere>Northern Hemisphere during christmas time![/quote]

Yeah, and during our summer, it's the time when the Southern hemisphere sweats it out. Look kid, you don't the horror that are finals yet, and you should be glad that you don't. :P

Just get a story in.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Gemini » December 11th, 2012, 4:13 am

Hmmm, I'll have to think about this one a bit. Seems like a pretty good set. :P

Also, since I've always kind of wondered... if I submitted one as the previous winner, who makes the other three prompts? Do you decide them, as the contest host, or does someone else? :think:

In any case, I'll probably submit one when I have the time.

Twin
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby DGFone » December 11th, 2012, 4:26 am

I create the first three prompts when I make the topic, and the winner of the previous one give me the fourth one.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » December 17th, 2012, 5:35 pm

One more week to write up your entries! I have one submission so far.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » December 17th, 2012, 9:05 pm

[quote="DGFone"][quote="Kitva Hyperlink"]That is why Sothern Hemisphere>Northern Hemisphere during christmas time![/quote]

Yeah, and during our summer, it's the time when the Southern hemisphere sweats it out. Look kid, you don't the horror that are finals yet, and you should be glad that you don't. :P

Just get a story in.[/quote]
The SH sweats it out? I don't the horror that are finals yet? makes no sense.
Ok ok, ill get a story in. Maybe later on in the week, but ATM I really don't feel like writing a story, not in poetry. Maybe later on today. but ATM I'm too tired.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Check Y'all

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest