What band are you into?

Re: What band are you into?

Postby KopsTheTerminator » June 23rd, 2012, 1:19 pm

Hmm... I could try listing all the bands...

Epica, Breaking Benjamin, Kamelot, Nightwish, Queen, R.E.M, Poets of The Fall, Rhapsody of Fire, Rise Against, Sonata Arctica, Tarot, Dark Moor, Anti-Flag. Those are the main ones right now...
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » June 23rd, 2012, 2:26 pm

Bliss N Eso

Like crack! Seriously cant stop listening to their songs o.o I always like songs, not bands, but I like almost every song these guys have dropped so far. Australian hip-hop is win, and these guys have good lyrics and themes so yeah, pretty much the only band I would ever say I really liked.

Oh and I like Blaqk Audio and Julien-K too I guess, if only because they are two of the few bands still keeping the electro rock genre alive...
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby TwilightClover » November 21st, 2012, 1:17 am

I really like Abba, they are probs one of my fave bands :D :)
TwilightClover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 3

Postby Carl » November 21st, 2012, 1:34 am

Right now I'm really into...

My Chemical Romance, HIM, Beast, Super Junior-M, SHINee, the Rasmus, Hawthorne Heights, Good Charlotte, MBLAQ, Aiden, the 69 Eyes.... and I think that's the main ones right now, though there's many others I'm listening to as well.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby AdAstrα » November 21st, 2012, 7:50 am

Blackmore's Night.

They do a sort of Medieval/Renaissance inspired folk rock type of thing that I just love so much. There's so much variety and depth in their songs, there aren't 2 songs by them that sound the same. Not for everyone perhaps, but I really enjoy their music a lot. It just connects with me and makes me relax, or cheers me up if I'm feeling down. To me, that's what defines real music. I actually don't think I'll ever be able to appreciate mainstream pop ever again after discovering this band lol, it's just completely lost its meaning to me now.

If anyone thinks this sounds interesting I recommend you look them up on YouTube. My favourite songs are Shadow of the Moon, Fires at Midnight, Under a Violet Moon, Health to the Company, Wind in the Willows, Way to Mandalay, Locked Within the Crystal Ball and Highland (I'm yet to find a song I actually dislike though, but these are the ones I tend to listen to a lot)
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Woeler » December 1st, 2012, 11:18 pm

There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby KentuckyWildcat » December 3rd, 2012, 6:50 am

[quote="AdAstra"]Blackmore's Night.

They do a sort of Medieval/Renaissance inspired folk rock type of thing that I just love so much. There's so much variety and depth in their songs, there aren't 2 songs by them that sound the same. Not for everyone perhaps, but I really enjoy their music a lot. It just connects with me and makes me relax, or cheers me up if I'm feeling down. To me, that's what defines real music. I actually don't think I'll ever be able to appreciate mainstream pop ever again after discovering this band lol, it's just completely lost its meaning to me now.

If anyone thinks this sounds interesting I recommend you look them up on YouTube. My favourite songs are Shadow of the Moon, Fires at Midnight, Under a Violet Moon, Health to the Company, Wind in the Willows, Way to Mandalay, Locked Within the Crystal Ball and Highland (I'm yet to find a song I actually dislike though, but these are the ones I tend to listen to a lot)[/quote]

I finally got around to checking this out, and I'm glad I did. About the best way I could describe it was that the songs had something of an enchanting quality about them that conjured images of a distant fantasy land. Cool stuff.

As for me, I've been on a Soundgarden kick ever since their new album was released a few weeks ago. Comeback albums are a risky proposition. Most bands either change thier very essence in a misguided attempt to stay relevant or come off as feebly and desperately attempting to re-live the glory days which have long since passed. Fortunately, Soundgarden avoided both traps. The songs on King Animal fit right in with their classic catalog from the 80s and 90s.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.
KentuckyWildcat
Mother don't you cry

Hell don't need me

Pride Points: 7

Postby AdAstrα » December 3rd, 2012, 11:55 am

[quote="KentuckyWildcat"][quote="AdAstra"]Blackmore's Night. [/quote]

I finally got around to checking this out, and I'm glad I did. About the best way I could describe it was that the songs had something of an enchanting quality about them that conjured images of a distant fantasy land. Cool stuff. [/quote]

Yeah, I'd say that's a good description! It's crazy, I literally stumbled across one of their songs by accident on YouTube, and it just blew me away. For a moment I was able to let go of everything, to not think about anything except the images in my head, the music and the magic it created. I had never experienced anything quite like it before, and I definitely didn't see it coming. I instantly fell in love. Can't say I've ever had that happen with a band before, so...hats off to Candice and Ritchie!
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Gaze » December 19th, 2012, 2:26 am

Animal Collective is my favorite band and almost always what I listen to the most often.

Aside from them, I'm pretty into Dick Dale lately, as well as The Books
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby Scars Mate » December 29th, 2012, 6:45 pm

[quote="TwilightClover"]I really like Abba, they are probs one of my fave bands :D :)[/quote]
Me too. Their songs cheer me up :) sometimes I just need that -.-

Ask Me ~o~ My Graphics
-Signature by the amazing Shadowfax-
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

PreviousNext

Return to The Den