European Union: Britain, remain or leave?

Remain or leave?

Poll ended at June 22nd, 2016, 3:41 pm

Remain
67%
Leave
25%
Undecided
8%

Total votes : 12

Re: European Union: Britain, remain or leave?

Postby juhouh » June 23rd, 2016, 2:24 pm

Funny how everyone who have voted for "leave" are from elsewhere Europe. Well, I still hope you leave the sinking ship
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Si-Amber » June 23rd, 2016, 3:45 pm

^ It may be a sinking ship, but I fear the alternative is a lifeboat with a hole in the bottom.
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby Simbaholikov » June 24th, 2016, 12:05 am

There is a right time the UK should leave the EU, but today is definitely not it.
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KopsTheTerminator » June 24th, 2016, 7:22 am

Brexit won.

Holy crap, I didn't realise how just how much I didn't expect this. I went to sleep expecting the vote to retain the status quo.

I'm kind of eager to see what happens after this.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Rollo » June 24th, 2016, 9:44 am

Last edited by Rollo on February 26th, 2020, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » June 24th, 2016, 9:49 am

^ I'm too tired to talk about the entire results and my thoughts and feelings (just know I am not pleased). On behalf of the Welsh, I'm really sorry we have a huge amount of racists. Believe me, I don't want to be left with England.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby KopsTheTerminator » June 24th, 2016, 9:54 am

Welp yeah, it sounds like Scotland and Northern Ireland weren't pleased that England (and Wales) doomed them when they had a majority in their countries. This is only gonna lead to more divisions in the union it seems, Scotland being the most screwed over seeing as ALL of it seemed to have favoured Remain.

In all fairness it's unfair to brand all Leavers as racist though the Leave campaign did sound a fair amount of xenophobic. It baffles me that people are so quick to think as immigration as the biggest (and sometimes acting as if it's the ONLY) problem in any country and it seems it's because of this issue Leave has won.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Si-Amber » June 24th, 2016, 9:58 am

Suddenly a move to Scotland or Northern Ireland looks attractive...
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby Elton John » June 24th, 2016, 10:04 am

From an american point of view it sounded like leaving or staying in the EU is a 'damned if you do damned if you don't' kind of thing.

Then again things are going to get sloppy this fall in the us of a. We have a choice between hillary clinton and donald trump. This would be like asking 'who would better rule pride rock, zira or scar'.

The answer being mufasa aka bernie sanders but i'd settle for a simba (jill stein).
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KopsTheTerminator » June 24th, 2016, 10:06 am

Honestly? I can only hope the UK turns more towards the left because I can't imagine the right wing making anything better without the EU holding them down from making stupid decisions (ah yes so much for the promise of more NHS funding, good start). That's the only way I can see the UK benefitting from this because otherwise it sounds like it'll be a move further into the right and into the average person being worse-off. :ehh2:

Pretty much @EJ, the EU is very questionable at best but so is the UK government and now they'll have no one to hold them down.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope I'm wrong, but I have a really bad feeling this was NOT the right time for this referendum.
KopsTheTerminator

PreviousNext

Return to The Den