European Union: Britain, remain or leave?

Remain or leave?

Poll ended at June 22nd, 2016, 3:41 pm

Remain
67%
Leave
25%
Undecided
8%

Total votes : 12

Re: European Union: Britain, remain or leave?

Postby Rollo » June 24th, 2016, 10:11 am

Last edited by Rollo on February 26th, 2020, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby KopsTheTerminator » June 24th, 2016, 10:14 am

Oh dear god, when you put it that way...

I need my coffee. If Trump becomes president I'm moving to Iceland and never going back to any main continent again.

Christ, how were the prediction polls so wrong? I was almost certain Remain was going to win when I went to bed after overlooking the whole process.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » June 24th, 2016, 10:21 am

Trump isn't going to win.

Here's the thing. A large number of major right wingers hate him. They have influence. As much as I hate to say it hillary is going to destroy him in the debates.

I predict hillary winning, and pray that she does an ok job as president and in 4 years we can get jill stein on the democrat ticket if bernie isn't running again.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KopsTheTerminator » June 24th, 2016, 10:27 am

I hope you're right, but after this surprising turn of events in the UK, I'm not so sure on what to expect from the US election either. It seems people are getting fed up with status quo politics, one way or the other.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Rollo » June 24th, 2016, 10:29 am

Last edited by Rollo on February 26th, 2020, 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby KopsTheTerminator » June 24th, 2016, 10:33 am

EDIT: On second thought this post sounds far more melodramatic than intended. To rephrase I just hope this is just a sign of people being sick of status quo rather than a rise of toxic nationalism because that never ends well for anyone. If the UK plays its cards right this could be beneficial but otherwise it'll end up being worse off.

Reworded because I don't want to sound like one of those people who go "amrlahmglahmlgham NAZIS!!!" over everything when, when I think about it, I don't really think is the case here. :headache:
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Ninaroja » June 24th, 2016, 11:34 am

[quote="Si Targaryen"]Suddenly a move to Scotland or Northern Ireland looks attractive...[/quote]

You'd be welcome over here, Si!

Good god I am mad. To quote one of my Facebook friends "thank you to the racist, toothless English working class."
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby it means no worries » June 24th, 2016, 11:52 am

[quote="Rollo"]

I'm looking forward to the inevitable separation of the union. Brexit won't fully develop into its ugly self for a couple more years. By that time, I suspect Scotland and the remainder of Ireland will hold referendums on how to get out. Wales seemed content to follow England's lead so perhaps they will also be content to follow them throughout that entire journey.

Looking at social media this morning, if Nicola Sturgeon does hold another Referendum, I'm going to place my ever hopeful bet that it will finally be a Yes vote. No voters have realised their mistake by allowing us to be led by England. They were promised that if they stayed in the UK, they wouldn't leave the EU. Well, look where we are now, folks.
[/quote]

Whatever you may think about this result-Splitting up the union isn't a good idea for anyone involved.
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby KopsTheTerminator » June 24th, 2016, 11:56 am

Maybe not, but the alternative is letting half the union having to submit to the wishes of the other half... which is amusingly a reason why Brexit was a thing, not being under the influence of other nations. Must be a really tough pill to swallow for the voters in those countries.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby it means no worries » June 24th, 2016, 11:57 am

[quote="Kops"]Maybe not, but the alternative is letting half the union having to submit to the wishes of the other half... [/quote]

Going with the majority vote is democratic... What else are you suggesting?
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

PreviousNext

Return to The Den