Man fighting for euthanasia gets NO as an answer.

Re: Man fighting for euthanasia gets NO as an answer.

Postby Woeler » August 24th, 2012, 10:03 am

[quote="WildSimba"]

I hate when people say that. It's not her body she's deciding to do something with. The moment she became pregnant, she started sharing her body with another person. It's not a proper argument to say it's her body, it's her choice... because it's not just her body anymore, she's sharing it with another person. [/quote]

No she does not. The "thing" they remove during an abortion is a lump of about 150 cells with no specific function. No brain, no heart, nothing. It does not think, it does not have morals. It is just a ball of cells with a unique dna combination.

And yes, this thing has the ability to become a fully grown human being, so do ALL sperm and egg cells. Is laying in the sun illegal? That kills thousands of "human beings".

Nothing gives anybody the right to decide lver someone elses life. And a blastocyst (as those lifeless balls of cells are called) is and should be part of the mother.

People don't like euthanasia or abortion? Fine, so dont do it. But the moment you start taking that freedom from others, you are going in the wrong direction.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby WildSimba » August 24th, 2012, 10:28 am

Calling it a "lump of cells" doesn't make it anymore ethical to take its chance of life. And it's at a different stage once the sperm enters the egg. It's no longer just a cell that floats around, it actually fought its way past all the other sperm in order to get to that egg.

And the whole "it's their body" is a stupid argument to make. Think about it, it's a diabetics right to be allowed to overeat, and let themselves become worse. It's a anorexic's right to never eat anything. Hell, it's even a drug abusers right to take illegal substances if they choose. If that were the logic we lived by, no one in this entire world would be a healthy human being, or even alive. So you think everything a person does to their body is always right? Is that why your loved ones intervene and make sure you stay healthy? Any person can just let someone they see with a problem die, or they can be blunt and tell that person the truth, and make them seek help.

Just like any woman can take the easy way out, and just get an abortion. It would only take a truly strong woman to carry that child up to conception. I personally would never be able to live with the guilt that I killed my unborn child, if I were a woman. But maybe that's just me, because I have morals and Conscience.

Also, laying out in the sun isn't exactly a great thing to do, and I wouldn't condone doing that either, considering it could help towards causing nastier things than losing sperm, like, oh I don't know, skin cancer.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Woeler » August 24th, 2012, 12:09 pm

[quote="Wildsimba"]
Just like any woman can take the easy way out, and just get an abortion. It would only take a truly strong woman to carry that child up to conception. I personally would never be able to live with the guilt that I killed my unborn child, if I were a woman. But maybe that's just me, because I have morals and a conscience[/quote]

so dont do it, but dont dare to deny others that freedom. People have the right to decide for themselves. They dont need people thye dont even know deciding for them.

and if my argument is stupid, how stupid is denying people the freedom over their own bodies based on a 2000 year old ideology?

The US attitude is everyone for themselves, but somehow you still think that you have the right to decide for other people. you dont.

I am not going to deny that this is a moral issue that will never be solved. but please, those who dont want it should not do it and those who do want it should do it. Give everyone their rights and technically there should be no problems
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SlayerOfLight » August 24th, 2012, 6:45 pm

So sad. living through 8 years with being completely paralyzed, must be beyond horrifying. But yet, there still are stupid teenagers bragging all the time about how unfair their lives are, or how ''depressed'' they are, while their lives aren't even CLOSE being as bad like someone who can only move his eyes.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Woeler » August 24th, 2012, 6:54 pm

[quote="Nicholas"]So sad. living through 8 years of complete paralysation, must be beyond horrifying. But yet, there are stupid teenagers bragging all the time about how unfair their lives are, or how ''depressed'' they are, while their lives aren't even CLOSE being as bad like someone who can only move his eyes.[/quote]
wise words my man. It annoys me too how people whine over their overly-western lives. You should all be thankful to the fact that you live in the western world. Not having to worry about killing, raping and oppression. Not dying from hunger, torture or eploitation.

People in this world living like this man, people mutilated beyond recognition, people being oppressed and having no freedom at all, and yet people whine about their mom yelling at them.

It is sad.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Postby Azdgari » August 25th, 2012, 8:35 pm

The happiest people I have ever met had only the most basic things humans need: food, water, shelter, a chance for the future, and love.

You can't say that westerners have no right to be unhappy unless you acknowledge a direct connection between material wealth (I certainly don't). While we enjoy great material wealth, many westerners face bankrupcies of other kinds. Divorce rates, neglect of children, cutthroat capitalism, emphasis on material need, dwindling spirituality (sorry woeler but it is relevant!). Is it shocking that children find themselves struggling in situations like these? Even above western luxury, people need basic things like love and morality.

Just thoughts. Obviously I'm not comparing them to destitute children, or condoning suicide over missing a one direction concert, but if we acknowledge that suicidal children are sometimes a product of our society, shouldn't we ask ourselves why?
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby SlayerOfLight » August 25th, 2012, 8:48 pm

Someone has to teache all those kids from a VERY young age that life is anything except fair, instead of their parents treating them like a baby and keeping them ignorant on how things really are.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Woeler » August 25th, 2012, 9:03 pm

why so literal az? of course I am talking about whining and not the real serious problems like abuse, divorce or suicide.

of course western kids can be unhappy. But there are limits. I think being spoiled(or spoilt? which one lol?) causes most of those whiny kids.

I dont really think whiny means unhappy, it just means... whiny

Respect needs to be taught, and some just lack it.
Woeler

Previous

Return to The Den